Been using regular Blu for a couple months, drags are diminishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
So should I upgrade to the Premium? Do I have to buy a whole new starter kit?

I just made a return on my investment by switching to e-cigs, only to have to make another investment? Will this ever end?

Thank you for listening to my story.

It should do. Trouble is, it all depends on the system you use and the brand, the type of e-cig etc.etc.

I vape for $2 a day (long term, over nearly a year) and use fairly expensive kit (compared to Blu) but cheap running costs.

Personally, and speaking frankly, although we don't have blu, we have similar products here in the UK and I would not recommend using this type of system.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA

I just made a return on my investment by switching to e-cigs, only to have to make another investment? Will this ever end?

Thank you for listening to my story.

I don't own the Blu but study all minis. I have used the Blu carts. Very nice flavors. Anyway, the Blu original is an L88b battery (80 mAh and needs to be charged often) and the Blu Premiere 100 is like a 510. The Premium is a larger e-cig so that you may have better battery life and more vapor. To answer your question, if you wished to move to the Premium, you would have to buy the full kit if you wanted to have the PCC (Charger box) or you could buy the USB charger and a 100 battery, etc. The Premium will not fit/charge in the original PCC. To answer your other question... no it will not end and join the club. We all try this and that and spend a small fortune but you cannot put a price on your health ;-)

Here are the specs on both:
http://wiki.blucigs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/cartridges-chart.jpg

If you want an option to replace Blu (any size) or their carts, I can help you their as well. I still think BLU has great flavor even know it gets bashed around here lol

Last edited:

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
I have had the blu, and i personally didnt care for it much. it got my foot into the door for electronic cigarettes, but with how often i vape i didnt like having to plug it in to recharge all the time. by the time the charging battery was done, the one im using needed to be recharged.

Id suggest looking to see if you need to have something that looks like a cig, or if you dont mind something larger (about the size of a highlighter roughly for battery) then id look into what others reccomend for the size you want.

the initial hardware cost can be shocking, but depending how mant carts you use of the Blu it could pay itself off pretty quickly. since its $12/5 pack ofcarts online for a single pack, or as low at 9.60/5pack if ordering 4 or more packs.

Buying juices is cheaper, and even cheaper if you get into DIY mixing. then its just finding the battery style you like, and a way to vaporize it that you like and you are vaping away happily while saving money.

boldfacts

Mar 23, 2013
Chicago, IL
To answer your question, if you wished to move to the Premium, you would have to buy the full kit if you wanted to have the PCC (Charger box) or you could buy the USB charger and a 100 battery, etc. The Premium will not fit/charge in the original PCC.

I don't really use the charger box, or am willing to not have it for a while. I have the USB charger that came with the original. So I can get away with just buying new batteries? And do they work with original carts? (I just got a month's supply.)

I was expecting a response from someone who knows about Blu, considering this board is specifically for Blu. But no, come over here and now for something completely different!

Sorry. I was out of sorts because I didn't have enough nicotine!

Last edited:

jimbol

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Southern Maryland

The short answer is that it never quite ends. Batteries and PCCs eventually quit working anywhere from 6 months to a year usually. So replacement costs are part of the expense of vaping. This is true of all of ecigs, not just Blu. If you do decide to upgrade to Premium I'd recommend upgrading to Premium 100. The down side is that only the Original and Premium stuff is in stores. You'll have to mail order the Premium 100 kit and cartridges but both last longer and are therefore relatively less expensive in the long run. You'll find the prices cheaper from the Blu site than in the stores if you haven't already.

If you like using the Blu equipment and don't care about the PCC I'd just order a couple of the Premium 100 batteries. They're bigger and last longer (somewhat). As a fairly heavy user I wind up using/recharging 2 a day. The Premium cartos in the stores will work on it but are esthetically slightly less pleasing because the diameter is a bit less than the Premium 100 batteries. Not a big deal.

If, on the other hand, (since the title of this thread is Drags are dimininishing) you feel like you need more then I'd investigate a further upgrade to an Ego, Vea, or other equipment. For example, I use Blu at work but something larger at home.

Edit: As an afterthought. If you bought the original and need to do something and you prefer the stores then I'd buy the Premium. The equipment is better than the original. Same as the Premium 100, you'd have to go online to just buy the batteries. In the stores you'd have to buy the kit. Blu is talking about offering the batteries in stores but don't yet as far as I know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread