Beginner Question Medicine Flower Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Im wondering if I should buy more. I could afford to spend another 100 on another L of Nic, before it gets taxed to 5k for a 100mg bottle.

I don't know where you got the nic base that was $100/Liter for the 100mg/mL. But there IS 100mg/mL nic base that's very popular, very good quality, etc. currently available for only $44.99/Liter. Many of us had been buying and using the House Brand 100mg/mL nic base from Heartland Vapes for years...well before people started stocking up on nic base for the longterm.

With the current FDA mess, attacks on vaping and outright lies about it, the likely future problems with the availability and price of nic base, etc....many more people have prepared for the future. They've bought, rebottled into glass bottles with the polycone caps, and stashed numerous Liters of nic base in their freezers. A very large number of those Liters have been Heartland Vapes House brand nic base....because of its quality and its price. There are still a few other US vendors who sell the 100mg/mL. However, none of them come near Heartland's price for it, which really helps stretch their $$ further and enables them to buy more.

Reactions: kas122461

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
@JeffBass if you take a look at the flavor notes on ELR for Medicine Flower Strawberry you will see most people, including some well known ones, are using it up to 2%.

That is using the Premium Line strawberry. And that is also my experience using it.

The very same is true of their Premium Line caramel, and some others, for example.

Some flavors, but not all, from the Premium Line I would only use drops per 30mls, like their guava, which is very potent. As in 2 drops per 30mls kind of potent.

Bottom line, experiment and find what works best for you. :thumb:

Reactions: kas122461

JeffBass

Oct 1, 2021
@JeffBass if you take a look at the flavor notes on ELR for Medicine Flower Strawberry you will see most people, including some well known ones, are using it up to 2%.

That is using the Premium Line strawberry. And that is also my experience using it.

The very same is true of their Premium Line caramel, and some others, for example.

Some flavors, but not all, from the Premium Line I would only use drops per 30mls, like their guava, which is very potent. As in 2 drops per 30mls kind of potent.

Bottom line, experiment and find what works best for you. :thumb:

Thanks for the tips! I decided to go with TPA and Flavour Art flavorings after a bit of research I admire their transparency. I may be making juice for others I know so I wanted to have a solid foundation to experiment with combinations of flavors and the prices are reasonable. I am still interested in picking up some MF flavors looking at the Nectarine, people have some rave reviews around that flavor. What is your experience with the MF Strawberry? I have tried Juicy Strawberry and Strawberry Ripe and both of those are not the true Strawberry Im looking for. Though, I have not tried adding other accents to compliment their flavor profile I wonder if that may help develop the strawberry Im looking for. Something very fresh and ripe is what I would like to have as the main profile of my strawberry flavor.

I have made up a sugar cookie mix of FA cookie, vanilla gelato and a touch of meringue, marshmallow, with some VG based Monkfruit sweetener I made and man I am in love. It is so yummy. I will have more time on my off days this week to experiment my last off day my flavors arrived and I had a night of trying all of them and taking notes. Since then I have made my "Sugar cookie", a FA Pinapple/Coconut (Delicious) and a Honeysuckle, Red summer watermelon (bright and wonderful).

The greatest part of DIY is the fact I can source all of my ingredients. This holds true in many aspects of my life. I will continue my search for flavorings that work with me.

I did run into a bit of a learning experience with Nicotine. I got my Nic from Wizard and it had pretty strong pepper flavor and pepper aftertaste. The FA flavors did a great job muting those notes. I received a small amount from Carolina Xtracts that also had a bit of pepper easily covered up with Flavorings. It seems stupid to say but now I realize part of the reason there are flavorings in Eliquid is to cover the pepper taste. Now I have my eyes set on Heartland Vapes premium Nic I would like to try that out as I am looking for something smoother and cleaner than I have at the moment. Though, they are all sold out at the moment as I do understand this new Nic tax is in the works.. The Nic I have works no problem and Im pretty pleased with the quality of both, just was expecting a Nic base in general to be a little less tobacco'y to begin with, especially in this medium.

Im really happy I took the step into DIY. Vaping was just something I did and never really thought much about. But after a year and a half I was like wow this something I do everyday I should put a little more time and energy into making this the best experience I can have, and Im so glad I did.

Really appreciate all the input and warm welcomes from you and this thread. Really appreciate it.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
What is your experience with the MF Strawberry? I have tried Juicy Strawberry and Strawberry Ripe and both of those are not the true Strawberry Im looking for. Though, I have not tried adding other accents to compliment their flavor profile I wonder if that may help develop the strawberry Im looking for. Something very fresh and ripe is what I would like to have as the main profile of my strawberry flavor.
On its own MF Strawberry is a very realistic fresh ripe strawberry. IMO it is like any of the fresh strawberries I've bought along the sides of the road in California.

FA Strawberry (Red Touch) and FA Juicy Strawberry combined will make a very convincing and realistic strawberry. FA Strawberry 3% and FA Juicy Strawberry 2% will give you a good full strawberry flavor. If you prefer a more ripe and sweeter strawberry use the Juicy at 3% and the Strawberry at 2%. Neither one of those has the fermented or musty flavor that some other brands’ use in their “ripe” berry flavors.

Try adding 0.5% FA Watermelon (Red Summer) and a drop or two (per 30ml) of a Lemon to further make your strawberry pop. Keep those low and you will never taste them in your juice. Watermelon contains malic acid and lemon contains citric acid as their predominant acids.

There are good articles on the web about using acidulants to enhance flavor.

Here: Influencing fruit-flavored beverages with acidulants

The PDF "Improving the Flavor of Fruit Products with Acidulants" further explains this. I attached the PDF for you. I got it a while back from Bartek Ingredients, Inc..

I am not a fan of using sweeteners in juices. Some people are. Many use them as a crutch to try and fix a lousy recipe. With that said, using a very small amount can enhance a recipe [depending] (small as in 0.15%-0.25% of FLV Sweetness). But, I personally always aim for tweaking a recipe without using one. Very rarely do I ever have to use one.

That's very cool hearing about your success with your Sugar Cookie.

There is nicotine and then there is nicotine. I have only been using Nude Nicotine custom Armor blend for many years. Their nic has never had any peppery taste whatsoever. They stopped selling the Armor blends earlier this year. There are several folks here who have been using their nic for years.

A good quality nicotine should not have any peppery taste. Here is a listing of nicotine suppliers put together and frequently updated by @UncleJunkle. List of US Retailers Still Shipping 100mg Nicotine Base | E-Cigarette Forum

Attachments

• 10.1.1.548.4424.pdf
    193.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Winner
Reactions: ShamrockPat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread