Bench Test Results: Vapcell Gold 30A 3200mAh 20700…accurately rated, a Sanyo NCR20700A rewrap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    While the test results are hard data, the conclusions and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion based on my criteria for setting a rating. Carefully research any cell you are considering using before purchasing.

Testing cells at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them.

If the cell has only one current rating number on it, or if it only says "max" then I have to assume that the company is stating that the cell can be discharged at that current level in any way, including continuously.

Cell photos:
    (Sorry for the split link but direct links to Imgur do not display properly)

Bottom Line
    This Vapcell is identical in performance and appearance to the incredible Sanyo NCR20700A cell. That Sanyo is the best performing 20700 I’ve tested so far (as of November 12, 2017).

I do not know how many of these cells Vapcell has or who is selling them right now. I have no doubt that several vendors will be trying to stock them as soon as possible though. Check with your favorite vendors or Vapcell via their web site (Shenzhen VapCell Technology Co., Ltd.) or Facebook page.

The Sanyo NCR20700A has a “rated” capacity of 3100mAh, a “minimum” capacity of 3150mAh, and a “typical” rating of 3300mAh. So while I always try to use just the rated capacity for a rewrapped cell for my ratings, 3100mAh in this case, Vapcell’s rating of 3200mAh can still be considered accurate. It all depends on which rating you use.

I am rating this Vapcell at 30A and 3100mAh.

Unfortunately, this cell has Vapcell’s usual paper top insulating ring so juice spills could damage the ring. Be careful.

Two cells from Vapcell were donated for the purposes of testing. Thank you! I know that some of you will think these are cherry-picked cells but they test identical to the Sanyo’s. No cherry- picking is possible here.

As with any rewrapped cell it can be changed in the future by the rewrapper. But all of the high performance rewrapped cells are retested by me using cells purchased from a vendor. If they are changed the community will be told about it.

Continuous-Current Test Results
    Vapcell Gold 30A 3200mAh 20700 CC Tests vs Sanyo NCR20700A.jpg

Pulse-Current Test Results
    No pulse testing was done as this is a Sanyo NCR20700A rewrap.

Comments

Last edited by a moderator:

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
    Sep 16, 2014
    BFE, Illinois
    Mine came today, also from Ecigitty. 14.99 a piece OUCH!
    Oh well anyway, they just barely fit in the Efest Luc4 (actually wouldn't fit in the first two sleds) and are now charging.
    Will see how they hold up in use over the next couple of days compared to the Lg's (tootsie rolls).

They look to match the picture of the Sanyo, three prongs, but they don't seem to look like paper insulators.

Hope to not tear up the wraps on the charger or I now hear maybe on the Pulse. Here is to being careful :toast:
    Thanks Mooch!!:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread