Bench Test Results: Vapcell Purple T30 – 35A 3000mAh 21700…a very good performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    These tests below only note my personal ESTIMATED ratings for these batteries at the time I tested them. Any battery that is not a genuine Samsung, Sony, Murata, LG, Panasonic, Molicel, or Sanyo can change at any time! This is one of the hazards of using “rewrapped” or batteries from other manufacturers so carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Misusing or mishandling lithium-ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of property damage, personal injury, or even death. They were never meant to be used outside of a fully protected battery pack and you use them at your own risk. Never exceed the battery’s true continuous current rating and keep the plastic wrap and top insulating ring in perfect condition.

Testing batteries at their limits is dangerous and should never be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved, understands the risks, has the proper equipment, and takes all appropriate safety precautions.

If the battery has only one current rating number, or if it only says "max", then I have to assume the battery is rated at that current level for any type of discharge, including continuous.

3480DFDF-1F7E-45D8-8EA7-98BD510269A4.jpeg 10A9520C-210A-4B3D-9B34-BFE87885A859.jpeg 48F867BA-0B7A-46B7-9888-DE95FB5F1820.jpeg EB0CC84E-8FCE-49D5-8258-DD97A98CA03B.jpeg 72D54CCE-53C4-4612-B06D-7DCAA593AEA6.jpeg

Test Results
    This is a very good performing cell, about equal to the Samsung 30T at 10A down to about 3.4V and at 30A down to about 3.2V. The Samsung 30T will run for a bit longer if you continue to use it below those voltages.

This is not a Samsung 30T rewrap! I do not know what cell they are using though and I do not know how this cell’s cycle life (overall life) compares to the Samsung 30T.

The 50A “max” rating of this Vapcell is useless, ignore it.

The two cells I tested delivered 2996mAh and 3061mAh. This is not good consistency and would be typical of cells from some China factories. One cell did not meet Vapcell’s 3000mAh capacity rating but it was so close that I am still rating these at 3000mAh.

I would prefer to see these rated at 2900mAh by Vapcell though since the one lower capacity cell I received cannot be the lowest rated one in the batch. The big manufacturers like Samsung, Murata, LG, etc., typically rate their cells a decent amount below the lowest capacity you will measure for any cell. For example, the 3000mAh rated Samsung 30Q typically delivers over 3100mAh.

These cells were donated for testing by Vapcell (www.vapcelltech.com). Thank you!

Continuous Current Discharge Graphs
    2FA39FE6-D50D-43DB-8F3B-4E3AC7791CD5.jpeg A380543F-6365-4417-B9C2-62FDE04F7463.jpeg

Ratings and Performance Specs Graphic
    5D61A608-D616-4556-889D-BD06F5CF546F.jpeg

I want to work for the community full time! If you feel what I do is worth a couple dollars a month and you would like early access to battery availability, battery and charger testing and news, and a say in what I test, then please consider becoming a patron and supporting my testing efforts: Battery Mooch is creating battery and device tests | Patreon.

To see how other cells have tested check out this link: List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Just curious. This cell runs a lot cooler than the 30T. Doesn't that imply an increased cycle life over Samsung's offering as well?
    It’s only a few degrees and only if run continuously. IMO there won’t be any difference in the temp or cycle life when used for vaping.

If they were both being run continuously a higher temp cell could theoretically have a shorter cycle life but it depends on the materials used in each cell. Either cell could have the shorter life depending on the materials used and the manufacturing process.

• Informative
    Reactions: mimöschen
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread