Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Cartos come in 2 lengths

Standard = 35mm not counting the 510 threads.

XL = 45mm

Carto tanks also come in those sizes, though with custom or hand blown glass tanks, there is some variance.

You cannot use a standard carto in an XL tank. You can use a XL carto in a standard tank but there will be 10mm of carto sticking out the top.

Carto tanks also come in different diameters. This only affects how much juice they hold and how they look on your mod

Tapatalking with my thumbs.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

Nice clear answer!
Seems you can't go wrong with a XL 45mm carto since that will fit in both sized tanks.

Another question: What about tips/mouthpieces for cartos?
The carto's for tanks would usually be steel unpainted, and I imagine many people would need a tip to go on end and not just put lips directly to the steel carto. So I'm wondering if the standard CE4 type tips fit on the inside of the standard carto.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
You seem to have your 'blank' carto mixed up.
A blank carto has no eliquid.
A blank carto may be prepunched or you might have to punch it yourself.
A blank carto is for the purpose of using in a cartotank.

Nope. I am not mixed up, though I did misspeak one fact.

Blanks are not prepunched. They are blanks. If it is prepunched, it is not a blank, it is prepunched.
Look at the website you order from
Blanks are blanks
Prepunched is prepunched
2 different things.

Blank cartos can ONLY be used in a carto tank if the user drills or punches holes or slots in the blank. Otherwise it it impossible for the blank carto to wick eLiquid from the tank. So I don't see how blanks are made specifically for use in carto tanks. They can be altered for use in tanks, but they are not useable in tanks right out of the box.

I was incorrect to call prefilled blank cartos blanks. Those are called Prefilled cartos or Prefilled cartridges. These have no holes.

Clear?

Join the CASAA.

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
The best thing about cartos to me is their consistancy and simplicity.

Ya fill it up, and get a consistant vape. Once you get the hang of filling them, they are very simple. If you wnat to add a tank and punch your own, that too is simple once you get the hang of it.

Also they are pretty inexpensive.

I have tried several clearomizers and to me, they are very inconsistant and too much fiddleing.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Nope. I am not mixed up, though I did misspeak one fact.

Blanks are not prepunched. They are blanks. If it is prepunched, it is not a blank, it is prepunched.
Look at the website you order from
Blanks are blanks
Prepunched is prepunched
2 different things.

Blank cartos can ONLY be used in a carto tank if the user drills or punches holes or slots in the blank. Otherwise it it impossible for the blank carto to wick eLiquid from the tank. So I don't see how blanks are made specifically for use in carto tanks. They can be altered for use in tanks, but they are not useable in tanks right out of the box.

I was incorrect to call prefilled blank cartos blanks. Those are called Prefilled cartos or Prefilled cartridges. These have no holes.

Clear?

Join the CASAA.

This is a discussion of terminology.
You are using 'blank carto' to mean 'no holes' in carto, including the cartos with eliquid in them.

And I am saying that so far, everybody else says 'blank carto' means no eliquid flavor inside.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
This is a discussion of terminology.
You are using 'blank carto' to mean 'no holes' in carto, including the cartos with eliquid in them.

And I am saying that so far, everybody else says 'blank carto' means no eliquid flavor inside.

I can understand you having 2 meanings for a single word, after all you come from a country that has 2 names :blush:

Just messing with you. No offence intended.

Can we agree that a Blank is an unpunched carto with no eliquid prefilled??

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Another question: What about tips/mouthpieces for cartos?
The carto's for tanks would usually be steel unpainted, and I imagine many people would need a tip to go on end and not just put lips directly to the steel carto. So I'm wondering if the standard CE4 type tips fit on the inside of the standard carto.

I am not experienced with the CE4, but ANY standard 510 drip tip will fit the end of a 510 threaded carto. The only caution is with tanks that have filling screws on the top cap, they can impede some of the wider based drip tips.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
I can understand you having 2 meanings for a single word, after all you come from a country that has 2 names :blush:

Just messing with you. No offence intended.

Can we agree that a Blank is an unpunched carto with no eliquid prefilled??

Sure.
We don't actually have any disagreement; it's just the old to-may-to versus to-mah-to.
You use "blank carto" to mean "unpunched", and I used to think "blank carto" meant "unfilled with flavor".

So in future if I read 'blank carto' I would automatically crosscheck whether it's possible they are referring to unpunched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread