Berserker mini airflow problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psofos

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Greece
Hey guys,I just bought a berserker mini for my wife and i am having an airflow problem.
While the biggest airhole works,air does not come through the second biggest.
Like no air at all. I think it is a machining problem,am I missing something? Anyone had this problem with this tank?
Also,it gets really hot to the touch vaping at 20 watts after 4-5 draws.
Build is 0.9 ohms Ni80 32/40 fused clapton. Tried 28g ss316l but still pretty warm.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
Hey,
Just saw your post, hopefully you’ll read my answer. Have you tried blowing trough it (when the tank’s empty, obviously) instead of drawing air? If there’s an object in the second air hole obstructing it, blowing through the mouthpiece could possibly reopen it. Personally, I don’t use any of the smaller air holes at all, the elliptical opening of the ring allows for gradual opening/closing of the largest one, which is perfect for me. But I know that they all work...

About the heat: I vape with TC enabled, initial wattage at around 20Watts , and it does get warm quite quickly, yes. It’s one of the reasons I switched to TC-enabled vaping. With your Ss316 coil, if your mod supports it, you could try that too.

On a side note, the flavor production is fantastic, isn’t it? I have a really good squonk set up (DNA75 mod) that I hardly ever use, because everything tastes shallow in it compared to the Berserker...

Reactions: bombastinator

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
I have been thinking really hard about getting a Berserker Mini for days I want to pocket carry a 22mm setup.

I have seen posts where people love the air flow and others hate it. Hopefully this thread yields some good information helping me decide if this is the route to go or not.
Do you know a shop or website that still has it for sale? AFAIK it’s been discontinued and is only available now in local vape shops and smaller web shops where they still have it in stock. Fasttech has a bunch of clones for around 12$, if you’re into that. But before you decide to get one, be sure that you actually can get one.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Do you know a shop or website that still has it for sale? AFAIK it’s been discontinued and is only available now in local vape shops and smaller web shops where they still have it in stock. Fasttech has a bunch of clones for around 12$, if you’re into that. But before you decide to get one, be sure that you actually can get one.

I am not interested in a clone. Do you know if Vandy Vape is intending to replace it with an newer model?

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
It already has been replaced with a newer model. The mini 1.5.

Berserker V1.5 MINI MTL RTA | VANDY VAPE® Full Steam Ahead

I have both versions and really like them.

Ah, I was already aware of the 1.5. My usual places to shop do not have the 22mm version. I am finding many sites that are out of stock. Some sites only have the rainbow. I am at the moment trying to find a black 1.5 mini but not having any luck with USA dealers. I might try and find a silver one if I am unable to find a black one.

Last edited:

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I went ahead and ordered a silver one. It might look funny on the black mod but how it vapes is the important part.

Part of the reason I went with this tank was it is a bit shorter than the other tanks I was considering and from the sounds of it I will not have to give up any vape quality. This will be mounted on my pocket carry mod. It will not get used at home, it will be what I carry in with me for away from home use.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
Wick em right and they don't leak so it is a good rta for in your pocket. Also the top fill works perfect on the 1.5 which suits out and about use. The Berserker mini was my first rta and I now have four of them. One is confined to menthol only duty.

The heat sink drip tip on the 1.5 is kinda guff so I don't use them. The long black plastic tip is great though for mtl. I would buy a dozen if I could find them.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
I think maybe the original has the edge. It just feels tighter somehow. The 1.5 is easier to get the wick right though. I like the 1.5 a lot but would take more originals if I had to choose.
After reading that, I went ahead and ordered two more, which will allow me to retire the clone. There's a shop here in Switzerland that still had 4 black ones in stock (now 2, and they don't ship internationally), and I would have preferred silver, but it's the functionality that counts. So that should cover me for a few years, given that I'm rather careful with my possessions...

Has anyone ever seen a kit for sale with all the o-rings for this atomiser?

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Wick em right and they don't leak so it is a good rta for in your pocket. Also the top fill works perfect on the 1.5 which suits out and about use. The Berserker mini was my first rta and I now have four of them. One is confined to menthol only duty.

The heat sink drip tip on the 1.5 is kinda guff so I don't use them. The long black plastic tip is great though for mtl. I would buy a dozen if I could find them.

I did find a couple of dealers that had the originals, I assumed it was because the 1.5's squashed the sales of the older model. I also assumed that the 1.5's were better in all ways over the originals. Maybe I am mistaken.

What are the Pros and Cons between the original and the 1.5?

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
The 1.5 has a good top fill and it's easier to wick. Just because I prefer the original doesn't mean it's better. It just means I prefer the original. There's a guy recently posted he threw his in the bin because it was pants. I threw a Doggy in the bin. I thought it was pants. It's all subjective. I like the 1.5 but I prefer the original. I have no idea why Vandy Vape discontinued it. I do know a lot of people seem to hate filling from the bottom which works best for the original.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
The 1.5 has a good top fill and it's easier to wick. Just because I prefer the original doesn't mean it's better. It just means I prefer the original. There's a guy recently posted he threw his in the bin because it was pants. I threw a Doggy in the bin. I thought it was pants. It's all subjective. I like the 1.5 but I prefer the original. I have no idea why Vandy Vape discontinued it. I do know a lot of people seem to hate filling from the bottom which works best for the original.
Filling is definitely the weak point of the original. I don't have the 1.5, so I don't know if and how much better it is, but apart from the fact that the original usually leaks through the air hole like a waterfall if you fill it from the top, the top cap is very hard to unscrew. I can't unscrew it without rubber gloves or pliers (the cap has grooves where very slim plier tips can fit in). Otherwise it's too slippery and too tight.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
Filling is definitely the weak point of the original. I don't have the 1.5, so I don't know if and how much better it is, but apart from the fact that the original usually leaks through the air hole like a waterfall if you fill it from the top, the top cap is very hard to unscrew. I can't unscrew it without rubber gloves or pliers (the cap has grooves where very slim plier tips can fit in). Otherwise it's too slippery and too tight.

All of that is also my experience with the original top fill. The 1.5 top fill works really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread