Best 14500 mod to use with 901 attys? (burned by 905)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosmarnik

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
Hi!
Chain-vaper here! :vapor:
Well, as the title says, I've been burned by the c**apy 905, it fell apart :(
But before doing so it was the bomb and I have lots of 14500 batteries left over.
901 compatibility is a must as I have +40 of those attys.

I'd like to stay away from boxy mods, something screwdriverish or even thinner, as the 905 was unnecessarily thick, considering the size of the battery.

So what do you recommend?

BTW, I've ordered some Em Rivas901 to tide me over, but dunno how long those batteries will last me, as I could go through 3x900mah batteries in a day with the 905. Considering that it's $2.5 for a UltraFire 14500 and >$21 for a Riva battery, I wonder why I even got the Riva. Meh, but Rivas looks nice.

Last edited:

joelongwood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2010
East End of Long Island
If you want a 14500 mod that's damned near indestructible........all mechanical, made of solid brass, then you may want to check out The Copper by Rick at AtmosUSA.biz. I have two of his creations, and they vape great all the time. No maintenance except polishing if you want to keep them shiny (which I do). Here's the model I have, the R2V2. He has other models a swell. Another nice feature is that if you ever want to try 6V vaping, it can do that as well with different batteries.
And please don't let the mouth-activation feature put you off. It became second nature to me after about two minutes of use. It's actually nice NOT to have to press a button. :p
Another big plus is Rick himself......he's there, either by e-mail or phone to discuss your concerns. I've been extremely satisfied with my experiences so far with both The Copper and the service by Rick.
Good luck in your search. :D

Attachments

• 51607.jpg
    51607.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 21

Kosmarnik

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
Thanks for the suggestions!
In the mean time I found this: www ecigarette-mods com battery_tube_mods.html
A veritable treasure trove of info!
Now to dig trough it.
I've also canceled the EM riva, will hold off till I sort this info out. Proprietary batteries suck :(

BTW, I'm not going back to auto, thanks. After a year on regular 901 auto batteries, I think I had enough. Though I guess a mod could do auto better, but meh.

Still, EM Riva is one of the better looking mods,g IMO, if it only came with regular batteries, even 10440, I'd be on it in a jiffy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread