Best 801 Atty's to get? (And a warning about RuyanDirect's 801 atty's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimist

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2009
Montana, USA
I bought 5 801 atty's from RuyanDirect last month, to use with my Prodigy. The first 2 died within the very first week of usage. The other 3 died a few weeks later.

That's FIVE 801 atty's cooked in a bit less than a month. They were the stainless steel ones for $5.50 apiece from RuyanDirect.

Where can I get more reliable 801 atty's? Are the BE112 (801) atty's from BestEcig any better?

I need to find some reliable atty's somewhere. I can't afford to be blowing atiomizers all the time.

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
I had 7 atty's die last week.
I sent them to Sattec.
Some were janty and some were best-ecig and some pure smoker.

I'm looking at another 6 this morning.
I'm mainly using the prodigy PT on 5~6 volts.

Also i do not understand why some atty's immediately GLOW and nice orange color inside and give great vapor....and some do not glow and give a mild sizzle.

Im sooooooooo confused about 801 atty's.

How many atty's are you guys getting after a few days of usage that read 0.00 ohms ?

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2009
Florida
I have had nothing but bad luck with the Bestecig BE112 attys, in all truth. I tested 3 of them last week with my VP1, and I found them to flood incredibly easy and have a really tight draw. I ended up selling 15 of them here in the forum so that I could try 801s from other sources.

Just thought I'd add this here for consideration.

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
I think they work ok on higher voltages. Although they have a short life.
They do flood with lower voltages. For example used with the JS they are pathetic.

You may want to try the TW ones.
I just received a pack of 5, and they seem to glow bright orange and work perfectly with the Prodigy PT.

It is true that now we have the best vaping tool ever, the atty's are becoming a nightmare to keep up with.
Mine just seem to read 0.00 ohms after a few days of use.

Have not had problems with the 510 atty's though.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
I like 801's and BE112's. The BE112's seem to burn hotter. If you are using any penstyle atty on a high-voltage vaping device (HVVD), you run the risk of killing it. If you drip and vape heavily or vape heavily over short periods of time, you can easily kill an atomizer. I have been dripping and vaping heavily for several months and still kill atomizers. If you can eat four or five potato chips from a bag and walk away from the bag for 10 minutes, your atomizers will be fine. If you are like me and devour the whole bag of chips, your atomizers will have a very short life cycle.

The biggest culprit for atomizer deaths for me, as far as I can tell, is dripping on a heating coil that is not yet cool and/or overheating the heating coil too often. This stress will kill an atomizer, no question. If you can live with 20-30 draws off a hig-voltage vaping device in the course of an hour, you should be ok. I may hit my Super-T1 60-70 times in an hour while in front of a computer. I am certainly stressing the heck out of my atomizers.

sattec

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
mcallen texas
I've bought back plenty of atty's I thought were dead. I'm setting up to do a large scale test and evail on a large number of atty's to finally resolve some issues and form a plan of action to extend the life of the 801 atty. It's not to late to help me out and yourself, DON'T THROW YOUR DEAD ATTY'S AWAY...SEND THEM TO ME. I'm very close to a solution that will clean the gunk off ANYBODY'S atty's, it's all natural and safe to drink.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
I wonder what user error could be?
Too much juice?
Not enough ?
We are all using the same PT ?
Could be the power pack?

One way I've killed a few is dripping while the coil is still hot. The thermal shock kills them IMO. If you drip, allow it to cool down before adding more liquid.

I've seen Breakfastchef has mentioned the same thing. No question this will kill atomisers.

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
801 atomizer.

I never leave my Prodigy standing upright anymore. The liquid pools around the atomizer's holes, creating a hard draw. This also leaves the wick too dry. I was hitting the atty too long, trying to get the pooled liquid back up to the coil for a decent vapor.
I tried the "sucking hard with out the switch on method", but that plain sucked, and grew old real fast.

Now when I'm not using it, or in between vapes, I leave it lying flat, or laying at a slight angle (with the tip downward), the wick absorbs the liquid very well. I get a little in the mouth piece, but usually rinse it out once a day.

Now I rarely drip more than 2 drops at a time, and never drip more than three.

This method is working well. The wick always stays moist, and my atomizer is finally lasting. Not to mention, the air holes stay open, so the draw is always easy.

I use the SLB801 atomizers from RMV. Seven bucks a "pop'. I like the performance of the SLB's.
.......................................................................................................................

I only used 901 atomizers before, this is my 3rd week with the 801.
Sold my 901 adapter and atty's. It did not compare to the 801 on performance.

Last edited:

PuffinStuff

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
Washington State
I wonder what user error could be?
Too much juice?
Not enough ?
We are all using the same PT ?
Could be the power pack?

Hi, This is my experience with the Prodigy:

when I first got my Prodigy I killed a few attys too. Mine were all user error (except when my switch stuck). I quickly learned to only hold the button down for 4 or 5 seconds. That is long enough for a super hit. Also, after I hit it a few times, I put it down and let it cool before adding more juice. Add a couple of drops, hit it a couple of times, add more juice (if needed,) repeat. Works for me. If you get a burned taste, stop! It is thirsty:)

If my atty starts drawing hard or is not firing hot, I hold it over the sink and give it a couple shots of canned air, wipe it off and it works good as new. If an atty seems gunked up, I fill it half full of 100 proof vodka, with my fingers over both ends I shake it a few times. blow it out with air and it it is good to go again.

I have to hold the button down for quite awhile to get the atty to glow, seems like that would be really hard on them. Most attys are not built for 5v. so IMHO it is best to baby them!:) Think gentle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread