Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I have the Nitecore i2 and I've had absolutely no problems with it (I expect that the i4 performs the same). Charges to 4.18-4.19, but that's certainly close enough to 4.2. Can be a bit slow though. Recently got a Soshine h2-v2 (two bays only, sorry), mainly due to the informative display, and while I've only used it since Monday I can say that I'm happy with it. Charges to 4.22, but that's well within the tolerance of li-ions. Faster than the i2 as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

kojul

Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
The Nitecore i4 is actually: Output Voltage: 4.2v ± 1% according to their website that you linked, but when I had mine it would keep charging to 4.23-4.25v and kept making a buzzing noise when the batteries were charged so I exchanged it for the Efest LUC4 and depending on the battery slot I normally get either 4.2v or 4.23v and once got 4.16V. If you change the amp charge speed when you're batteries come close to a full charge it will stop charging and say it's 4.2 on the LCD but, can keep charging if you place the battery in a different slot, middle to outter slots and vise versa.
You're right, my bad. I have to say though, their specs either lie, or their rate of manufacturing defects is relatively high. At 1%, the worst you could end up is 4.242. But you yourself have had 4.25, and you're not the only one. Also, how are you testing the batteries? While they're still charging or once you pull them off? There's a sharp drop off right afte cutoff, so they were possibly charged higher than that.

tayone415

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
CA
You're right, my bad. I have to say though, their specs either lie, or their rate of manufacturing defects is relatively high. At 1%, the worst you could end up is 4.242. But you yourself have had 4.25, and you're not the only one. Also, how are you testing the batteries? While they're still charging or once you pull them off? There's a sharp drop off right afte cutoff, so they were possibly charged higher than that.
That's a good point, I actually check them after there done charging with my battery in my mods connecting it to a 510 threaded digital voltage reader by pressing the firing button before use and I usually will fire it a few times to check for accuracy.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
xtar vp2 hands down the BEST charger, only negative is that it doesn't have nimh charging capability
xtar vp4 could've been the best if they had all four ports with the ability to charge at 1a, but its outer ports only

my xtar vp2 NEVER charges my batteries past 4.2v, definitely best charger on market now.... even better if they can shut down the bay when its done charging

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
xtar vp2 hands down the BEST charger, only negative is that it doesn't have nimh charging capability
xtar vp4 could've been the best if they had all four ports with the ability to charge at 1a, but its outer ports only

my xtar vp2 NEVER charges my batteries past 4.2v, definitely best charger on market now.... even better if they can shut down the bay when its done charging

For this you brought back this thread from the almost dead and gone to ECF heaven :p

My Xtar WP2 also doesn't charge over 4.2v and has been doing this for about two years now. I can chose 0.5A or 1.0A. It was also around $20 so it was a great deal. Do all that with your $40 charger (oh wait, mine was $20) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread