Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA
Howdy,

I'm gonna ask the question the others didn't. Are you looking for an RBA that mirrors dripping....or one with a tank, such as the AGA-T, over at DV? Jay bird did mention the DID, but as a beginner unless you got money to spend without worrying about it, maybe a clone such as the Cobra, or the AGA-T, or the Griffin. All are available at DVs at pretty reasonable prices (and are available at other sites under other names, watch for deals over at Vaper Joes blog) all are good to experiment with. Some come with extra wire and mesh, mistakes don't cost you an arm and a leg and if you do what Zerrrro said and check it before using it, the only real loss would be some time spent.

How do I know this stuff....I'm a beginner too. Got a couple of DUDS (nickname for the DID clone, DVs Griffin), got a Chobra for Christmas (Chobra=Cobra), and have two AGA-T on their way.

I followed this video for the most part to setup my DUD. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...r-systems/358971-i-bought-two-cov-gen-1s.html

I did oxidize the entire wrap and cut the bottom at a slight angle so the mesh opening in the bottom won't plug up. So far, so good. Still got some experimenting to do, but I'm happy with my start...as you can tell by my other purchases, lol. Watch as many videos as you can stand to watch.

Good luck, no matter which form of rebuildable you choose....wick or mesh, drip or tank.....y'all have fun and let us know what's up once you get started. Need any help, just post.....a ain't life grand?

Luck,
Big Mac

Zerrrro

Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
West KY
Howdy,

I'm gonna ask the question the others didn't. Are you looking for an RBA that mirrors dripping....or one with a tank, such as the AGA-T, over at DV? Jay bird did mention the DID, but as a beginner unless you got money to spend without worrying about it, maybe a clone such as the Cobra, or the AGA-T, or the Griffin. All are available at DVs at pretty reasonable prices (and are available at other sites under other names, watch for deals over at Vaper Joes blog) all are good to experiment with. Some come with extra wire and mesh, mistakes don't cost you an arm and a leg and if you do what Zerrrro said and check it before using it, the only real loss would be some time spent.

How do I know this stuff....I'm a beginner too. Got a couple of DUDS (nickname for the DID clone, DVs Griffin), got a Chobra for Christmas (Chobra=Cobra), and have two AGA-T on their way.

I followed this video for the most part to setup my DUD. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...r-systems/358971-i-bought-two-cov-gen-1s.html

I did oxidize the entire wrap and cut the bottom at a slight angle so the mesh opening in the bottom won't plug up. So far, so good. Still got some experimenting to do, but I'm happy with my start...as you can tell by my other purchases, lol. Watch as many videos as you can stand to watch.

Good luck, no matter which form of rebuildable you choose....wick or mesh, drip or tank.....y'all have fun and let us know what's up once you get started. Need any help, just post.....a ain't life grand?

Luck,
Big Mac

Is the ground screw on your Chobra kinda... crappy? Either I torqued it down too much and stripped the threads or it was kinda iffy to begin with. It still does the job, but I'm scared to touch it now.

Big Mac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA
It's a bit on the iffy side, so is the fill screw, but I'm still awfully gentle with all of mine cause they're all so new and purty and shiny, lol. I took the screw completely out and restarted it and was gentle and it seems to be alright....At least for the time being. Only time will tell. I guess if they end up stripping out they could be threaded again..maybe. You should see that puppy on the SS ZMax...looks nice. A little work and it'll be fantastic.

Good luck with the threading Zerrrro, let me know of anything like quirks or good/bad things to do with the cobra..since I just got mine, haven't messed with it much yet.

Big Mac

Dzaw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
New Hampshire
I'm gonna break from the pack and say that for a beginner, go with the vision eternity.

No screws to mess around with, no wire or mesh to oxidize, and you get a few prebuilt coil and wick assemblies to work with while you figure out your own.

Not to mention it looks real nice, vapes like a dream, and is quite reasonable in price to boot. I'm a big fan of price/performance ratio bias. I'll pay 75% to get 95% every time. I generally haven't got the bankroll to just say 'to heck with it' and buy 100% at $100%, but hate to death being stuck at 50% for $60%.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
+++1=10 on the DID. I'm still using the same one I bought from MMVapors 7 months ago as good as the day I got it (high quality, amazing customer service...). Best part about buying a real one is that if you try them and don't like them you can get full price on the Classies for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread