Best Carto for KR808?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1HitWonder

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
KY
Try buying a syringe. I fill from the bottom up with my horizontals. It makes sure the coil gets the juice it needs from the start, instead of relying on gravity. It also forces the air bubble up which is a little more natural and they are less likely to get trapped somewhere in the filler.

Excellent advice! My friend had the same problem as the OP. Why weren't her cartos performing the same as the starter I had given her. You've got to drench that filler and then dry off those connector ends. She did that and no further problems. Its true for all cartos.

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
Yep, another thing to try, different filling methods. Even I at the beginning was frustrated that my blanks that I filled myself didn't taste as good as the prefilleds that I started out with.......It's all coming back to me now lol.....even though this was just a matter of months ago lol......

It took some time for me to try different methods and fill several times before I was satisfied with how my blanks were performing. I found I liked the condom method best and that I would really saturate them, blow them out, then let them sit awhile. Now, I still use the condom method for the first filling, but usually just drip in for refills. Sometimes will use the condom method again if it tastes like I need to. BUT, a lot of ppl prefer the syringe method. You'll get the hang of it and get those cartos tasting better than the prefilleds soon enough.

Also, nobacco usa of v4l, I don't think it's more than 30% vg. It SHOULD be ok......I don't know what flavors you are referring to but I use the java mint and peacemaker peppermint with no probs.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
No shame in the condom method either. A lot of folks cry bloody murder at it because it wastes juice but it's guaranteed to get the coil and wick saturated on the first fill.
Another thing of note is the filler isn't wrapped around the coil like on vertical coils. Sometimes it can be pulled up for various reasons. A tap on the palm with the thread end down (like you are packing a pack of smokes) seems to put everything back in place and taps the juice down. I do this to adjust the draw too. Sometimes it's too tight and I tap it upside down, if it's too airy, I tap it threads down.

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
I think letting it sit for awhile and then topping it off again makes a big difference too. If I refill one it only takes about 20 drops but if I fill a blank with 20 drops and vape it is not very good at all. So now if I fill a blank I put in 20 drops - let it sit overnight and have put as many as 7 more drops in after sitting.

turretin

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2011
Louisville, KY
No shame in the condom method either. A lot of folks cry bloody murder at it because it wastes juice but it's guaranteed to get the coil and wick saturated on the first fill.
Another thing of note is the filler isn't wrapped around the coil like on vertical coils. Sometimes it can be pulled up for various reasons. A tap on the palm with the thread end down (like you are packing a pack of smokes) seems to put everything back in place and taps the juice down. I do this to adjust the draw too. Sometimes it's too tight and I tap it upside down, if it's too airy, I tap it threads down.

The condom method is what I've been using to fill my blanks. I dont have a syringe and I heard that this method works really well. Except in my case unfortunately. I'm kind of thinking my problems are a combination of three things. First, I think some of the cartos are bad. Second, I think that my e-juice is too thick and dark for these cartos. Third, I'm a little impatient and I dont like letting them sit overnight. I didn't initially know that you were supposed to let them sit and soak overnight.

turretin

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2011
Louisville, KY
Yeah, sometimes you get a dud or 2. You don't HAVE to let filled cartos sit overnight, you may find these more compariable to a prefilled though if you do. I used to let mine sit 30-60 mins after a fill but now I usually can only hold off 10-15 mins lol. Let's it absorb a little.

Thanks Love, I'll definitely keep that in mind. I'm assuming from what you said that you and many of the other long time vapers religiously refill your own cartos due to price and flavor preference? Do you guys ever buy the prefilled or do you think its just too expensive in the long run?

crbrown

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Kansas
Thanks Love, I'll definitely keep that in mind. I'm assuming from what you said that you and many of the other long time vapers religiously refill your own cartos due to price and flavor preference? Do you guys ever buy the prefilled or do you think its just too expensive in the long run?

I mostly buy prefilled and then refill them with a flavor that will complement prefilled flavor. Normally after one refill all the original flavor is gone. I use blanks sometimes, when I do I let them sit at least over night.

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!

I buy prefilled because I am basically getting 5 ml of juice for free that way - I do buy blanks once in awhile but I am a refiller becuase if I just bought prefilled it would be too expensive in my opinion.

I clean my cartos too and reuse them - then I am not restricted to the flavor that was in them....I have some Smokeless Image and Elite Vaporworks that I have been cleaning and reusing for months and I mean months. I have just started to throw a few of them away here and there.

turretin

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2011
Louisville, KY
I buy prefilled because I am basically getting 5 ml of juice for free that way - I do buy blanks once in awhile but I am a refiller becuase if I just bought prefilled it would be too expensive in my opinion.

I clean my cartos too and reuse them - then I am not restricted to the flavor that was in them....I have some Smokeless Image and Elite Vaporworks that I have been cleaning and reusing for months and I mean months. I have just started to throw a few of them away here and there.

Yah that actually makes a lot of sense Laura and CR, I guess if you guy them prefilled and then reuse them you are getting that that first dose of ejuice free and then you just recycle them.

Now that I agree with. V2 somehow has really great cartos. There are a few other people on ECF who will admit to that as well. I have yet to have one die on me or get clogged. They can handle Boba's pretty well, but the Boges are better.

It seems that V2 has been upgrading the cartos over time. When I got my first order from them, the cartos all had the hard plastic caps, but an order a few weeks later had nothing but the soft rubber caps. :confused:

I used to buy the V2's and liked them very much. When they switched to the soft rubber tips I got 5 boxes (not knowing they changed) and they have tasted like crap, the old dirty sock flavor. I tried to send the back the unused boxes but V2 wouldn't acknowledge my emails. I haven't tried them since. How are they tasting know? Please send me a PM and let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
I started with Bloog MF cartos just over a year ago, and since have used Bloog, Halo G6, SI Volt, Kanger horizontal-coil...basically most of the horizontal-coil design 808 cartos available.

OP, something is wrong if you're having trouble with that many cartos. I mostly buy blanks, and while I've had the occasional dud (maybe three in more than a year), the vast majority of them vape very well. The pre-filled cartos are identical to the blanks from Volt -- I've had both. Most measure 2.5-2.8 ohm.

Now I have a Provari, and with an adapter they still vape very well, up to 3.9-4V depending on the carto. I think I prefer Boge cartos now, but they are a lot noisier than 808 horizontal-coil cartos and aren't vastly superior, IMO.

I fill these blanks with 30-35 drops to begin with, dripping on the filler at an angle to avoid the center tube. I do not let them sit more than 5-10 minutes. The filler soaks up juice very quickly (I'm using Halo Tribeca in most cases) and they vape fine for hours. I've seen them last as long as a week or more before production lessens and I toss them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread