Best cig alike auto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
I'll put in a plug for Halo's G6, specifically the 78mm one. In 'classic white' it is as cig-alike as anyone could want. I've had issues with other batts, but never the Halos. Customer service is great if you need it. My 3 are the oldest batts I still have in rotation, and they last longer between charges than other sticks. They do take at least 2 hours to charge in my experience, so better get 2. I prefer LR cartomizers for in public but they only come in black, so you might choose the white ones (regular resistance). I highly recommend adding a mini-tank if you go with Halo - at least for when you are not in public.

The G6s are KR808D-1 batts, by the way.

Last edited:

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
The eroll looks like a very interesting device. But sure looks pricey. Anyone find a "bargain House".
Thanks,

By the way, what's a co op?

The problem with finding the best of the KR808D-1 batteries I think it two fold.

There are four basic types of KR808D-1 batteries then several subtypes.

It can be argued there are two best but it depends on your objective. Cigalike batteries are hobbled by their size so increasing one thing on it means decreasing another. You cannot have it all so you have to pick what is important.

Gen 2 KR808D-1 batteries have two intake holes, they have higher mAh ratings then enhanced and generic KR808D-1 batteries. They are LiFePo4 cells and are regulated at 3.6 under load. The positive they give is longer run-time and consistent vape from start to finish. On the negative they cannot produce the same amperage of the other three types.

There are the Generic KR808D-1 batteries that are sold by a lot of places. They have two intake holes, start off at 4.2v quickly drop to 3.7v then fade to 3.3v. These are the lowest priced KR808D-1's and work quite well on the first few minutes even though they are the cheapest. What these have going for them is the price, and they are good out of the gate. The bad is they face pretty quickly. These batteries even though the cheapest hit harder than Gen-2 batteries but how fast they fade to lower levels makes it not worth it to me unless you can top off the batteries all the time and that might not be an issue to most people.

Enhanced KR808D-1 have three air holes. Better quality switches and a little better quality all the way around than the generic cells. The still start off at 4.2v drop to 3.7 for awhile and then fade to 3.3v. The good is they hit fairly good out of the gate fade like the generics but at a slower rate. I get annoyed with them by the time they dip below 3.7v... Well, I might be getting annoyed after they drop below 3.8v.

There are the high drain cells, they start off just like two of the others at 4.2v but they sag much less under load, they cut of at 3.7v rather than 3.3v. They do fade as well but they stay above 4v for quite some time. These are able to work with 1.5ohm devices which is dangerous territory for most other cells of this class. The positive is they hit for almost an hour like the generic and enhanced batteries do out of the gate. The negative is they are more expensive and still fade but they make up for it by not sagging as much and can maintain voltage above 4v for quite some time.

There is a cell I have not tested in KR808D-1 that claim to be boost regulated. I have not tried these yet to confirm it. The problem is it is not an automatic.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
You have to pick. There is no best, it depends on what you are looking for.

Do you want the longest run time given it's size?
Do you want the hardest hit?
Do you want the cheapest?
Do you want something that hits a little harder can sustain it but has lower mAh in order to achieve this?

It depends on how you measure best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread