The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Best Clearo for eGo battery?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by nlm3198, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. nlm3198

nlm3198 Full Member

Dec 23, 2009
    south jersey
    Hi everyone. I've been searching these threads for a month now and am in search of a good clearomizer for me ego battery. I'm very new to vaping. This is the original kit I ordered with 900mah batteries (i'm not sure what that means). Electronic Cigarette / eGO Tank Starter Set - Quality ecigs from Aqua Vapor Cig Atlanta, Ga I got this kit with the ce5 clearos and I also ordered a 5 pack of ce4 clearos. They are all starting to taste nasty and I a ready to order a few new clearos. I don't want to spend a lot of money so i'm looking for the best bang for my buck. I ordered these: Mountain Oak Vapors | eGo CE5 Plus Clearomizer - 2.6ohm and am not having much luck with them. so, which clearo do you recommend? I see that I can pick ohms too on different clearos and i'm not what kind I need. Thanks so much for your help!!! :):)

2. I use a "Kanger T3" bottom coil clearomizer. They work really well if the coils are put together properly. Got 4 bases and only 2 are any good. Lots of people say vivi nova's are good clearo's. I used the CE5 V3's for a month or two and to be honest are just as good as the T3's. Only difference is gravity.

3. neurotr

neurotr Full Member

Dec 30, 2012
    ankara
    I tried T2, t3, vivi nova 3.5ml, vivi nova mini, splitfire, iclear.

And the best is Phoenix Bottom Coils.

4. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have been rocking with the little Phoenix for 2 days now and I am blown away!

5. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    If you are looking to economize best to purchase clearomizers with replaceable heads- when the head (wick+ coil) starts tasting nasty either wash and dry burn or install a new head in the tank- takes 10 secs.
    You're eGo fires at 3.4 volts. 2.6 ohms is far too high and will produce a very weak vape. Either 1.8 or 2.0 ohms is best for the eGo- if you like a cooler vape the 2.4 ohms would be good.
    As for clearos I like the Mini Vivi Nova. Have also used the eGo clearos and much prefer the Vivi.
    Best of Luck.

6. Steeler Girl

Steeler Girl Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio
    I really like the mini vivi nova. I too have the T3's but the draw seems airy to me. Probably because it's bottom coil because I really didn't like the nano either.

7. cherrycakes

cherrycakes Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2013
    Scranton, PA
    I got two of the damn stardust/vision ego clearomizers and both of them leak ejuice all over my battery and mouth.
    Not cool man not cool.

8. cherrycakes

Jan 17, 2013
    Scranton, PA
    oh and I got them from different vendors (one is madvapes one is virgin vapor). the exact same thing and they both leak. BOOO

9. The Ocelot

I have been using Stardust/clones for months - whispering nice things to them, bringing them flowers - with patience and determination I was able to get them to work about 80% of the time (I'm actually using one right now), but since discovering the Phoenix I can't believe how much time & $ I wasted on the CE4s. I wish I had known about the Phoenix months ago! I also have vivi mini novas, and although I use them, I can't say I'm a fan.

10. bfitz

bfitz Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    ohio
    I am still new to vaping, less than a month, but so far I have tried the Vision eGo clearimizer (I think they were 2.1-2.4 ohm) and liked them. They do leak a little, but nothing that I wasn't able to clean up with a q-tip in the well where the battery and clearomizer connect. I normally do that when changing flavors half way through the day and it is normally less than a drop of juice. I have heard of people having worse leaking issues, so maybe I'm lucky. The flavor is good wil medium flavor strenghths, maybe a little harsh with some juices that are stronger. Just got a Vivi Nova mini in the mail today and am enjoying it a bit better than those. I am using all of this on 400 and 650 mah ego batteries, just for comparision. Hope some of that helps out.

11. Lessifer

Lessifer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm new to this too so I might be way off, but I think the CE5 clearomizers actually have changeable heads.

12. ShayBabe15

ShayBabe15 Moved On

Jan 29, 2013
    I use a 6ml Titain Clearomizer tank on one of my eGOs and I love, love, love it. Lasts forever, easy to replace wicks and coils(depending if you rebuild).
    But yeah, I wouldn't use stardust clearos..they always leake for me. To each their own though:)

13. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    100 mah= 1 hour of normal vaping before battery needs charging so your 900 mah (milliampere-hour) should generally run for about 8? hrs before needing a recharge.

14. DanFromRioRancho

DanFromRioRancho Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2013
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Maybe not, probably worth double-checking.

The true JoyeTech eGo fires at constant 3.3/3.4, but most of the clones have a higher average voltage with a fairly large operating range from a hot off-the-charger initial voltage down to 3.1 (or less) at end of cycle. Check to see if your unit is JoyeTech, and if not then see if you can find the average voltage and the operating range.

15. cherrycakes

Jan 17, 2013
    Scranton, PA
    where do i buy the phoenix? was thinking about getting a vivi nova but Idk if I'm skilled enough to replace the wicks and assemble the damn thing lol

16. denali_41

denali_41 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    go with a T3 or T2 ,,

i have about 60+ pieces of Vision garbage that leak,weak flavor or little vapor ..

most likely end up trashing them because they are not worth selling

17. The Ocelot

Hi - the vivi mini novas aren't the kind you take apart and mess with, you just pop the head with the cap/wicks off and replace it. I got the Phoenix from gotvapes, they are out right now, but restock pretty quickly. GotVapes PHOENiX™ Bottom Coil : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more There is a top coil Phoenix, but the bottom coil is the one I've been using. I have seen CE3 bottom coils on other vendor sites (for some reason most of the time they are called cartomizers, when they are more of a carto/clearo hybrid) and some are a little bit different - you can tell by the rounder drip tip. The member who turned me onto them uses that style and said they work just as well.

Here is a video review: GotVapes Phoenix Bottom-Coil Clearomizer Review - YouTube

18. DanFromRioRancho

DanFromRioRancho Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2013
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Just to be a nuisance (sorry Vapoor!): 1,000 mah = 1 hour of burn time at 1 ohm resistance, 900 mah at 2.4 ohm ~=22 minutes of burn time. With an average 4 second puff, you get about 340 puffs. If you take little sips, you'll get more puffs. If you're a vacuum cleaner you'll get fewer puffs. If you vape a bit and take a rest, the cycle last longer. if you're a chain-vaper, the cycle is shorter.

I'm a chain vaping vacuum-cleaner:blush:

19. DesmondTheMoonbear

DesmondTheMoonbear Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2012
    maryland
    I'm gonna put my vote in for the vivi nova, they work great and the heads are cheap (cheaper if you learn how to rebuild them) if that's not your style, I'd go with the Phoenix bottom coil. I haven't used them myself, but i hear great things.

Sent from the MOON, using Tapatalk MOON™

20. afallucco

afallucco Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    ohio
    The Vivi novas are very easy to use and will workbest for simplicity. I've used t2s, t3s, and the vision clearos Vivi Nova works best. All you do is replace the head by screwing it on the post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.