Best combination wires for clapton builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Yep, 24 clapton'd with 36 is my sweet spot. I've wrapped all variations and this is my favorite. You need good sized post holes. It is a HOTTER vape which is what I like. I do 5 wraps on a 2.5mmID. Any bigger coil ID and it doesn't fit it my attys. I've tried it with 4 wraps and 6 wraps and 5 is my sweet spot. The coil will gunk, depending on your juice, so I dry burn it and rewick once per day after vaping maybe 5 to 7mls on it of thicker VG. 22g is just two big and 26g for your core is too small but does throw off a decent vape and is easier to wrap and deal with. 34g for your clapton wire works okay as well but 24 and 36 is my favorite wire to clapton.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
For me, I've done 26/32, 28/34, 30/34 and fused 30/34....

Of these, the 26/32 and fused 30/34 are my favorites.... 26/32 is just too much work getting a preferred coil size in my gear.... If you have the space in your atty and a power source that can handle what you throw at it, the bigger cores seem to be better....
I'm on a mech and after the ramp up of the 26/32 it's enjoyable.... I get about the same with the fused 30/34 while being a bit cooler with less ramp-up....

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
What would u guys recommend for something 30-40 watts
Build the coil first then determine how many watts you need to put on it to maximize the vape. Starting with wattage is backwards. All coils vape differently. Build a .3 a .5 a .7 and a 1 and see what you like. Or start with a 1 ohm coil and go up from there...

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
Yep, 24 clapton'd with 36 is my sweet spot. I've wrapped all variations and this is my favorite. You need good sized post holes. It is a HOTTER vape which is what I like. I do 5 wraps on a 2.5mmID. Any bigger coil ID and it doesn't fit it my attys. I've tried it with 4 wraps and 6 wraps and 5 is my sweet spot. The coil will gunk, depending on your juice, so I dry burn it and rewick once per day after vaping maybe 5 to 7mls on it of thicker VG. 22g is just two big and 26g for your core is too small but does throw off a decent vape and is easier to wrap and deal with. 34g for your clapton wire works okay as well but 24 and 36 is my favorite wire to clapton.
Will 24/36 fit in tfv4's rba ?

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City

you used 36 kanthal outside or 36 nichrome80 outside? i assume the nichrome will heat up even faster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread