Best Dealer to buy a 510 from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathyst

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
San Diego, CA
I got my 510 today, Monday; it was shipped Thursday, but there was the weekend in there. I ordered from Vapor Station in Texas. Now, one thing was, they shipped to my home instead of work as I had requested. No big deal. And, the starter kit was supposed to come with a bag of cartridge filling, and it didn't. And, one of the extra e-liquids I ordered was leaking when it arrived. Their packaging, though, was really good, and the liquid didn't get on anything else. I emailed them about all of this, and will return the one liquid, and get some more accessories. It came with two batts (one manual, one auto), two carts, two attys.

As to the instructions, mine were difficult to read, printed very small white text on black paper; and the photos of the different parts were impossible to see on black paper! But it was very complete about charging. (It said absolutely nothing about how to fill cartridges, which are empty. But I've read a lot, and watched Spikey's video, so I know what to do.)

So, as to charging, it said to charge for eight hours, use for 20 minutes, and charge again for an hour. After the initial charging, it says it should re-charge in one hour.

But darn it, it's too late for me to do the charging tonight, unless I want to get up at 4:00 am and use it for 20 minutes. So I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Maybe bring to work and charge it for eight hours there, use 20 minutes as soon as I get home? This is very funny, that this first part is difficult to schedule in :) But I am patient. I'll wait...though I'm so anxious to try vaping!

kathy

DJGoogone

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Cocoa, FL
IMHO - usualy the batts come charged, but I would just stick one on the charger and it will be good to go when you take off for work..

The 510 batts last me about two hours or less, awalys been that way since they are new, and the 5 I got STILL work file. I did get a PPC, just in case, as I am working outta a truck all day, and a heavy vaper..

I got my 510 today, Monday; it was shipped Thursday, but there was the weekend in there. I ordered from Vapor Station in Texas. Now, one thing was, they shipped to my home instead of work as I had requested. No big deal. And, the starter kit was supposed to come with a bag of cartridge filling, and it didn't. And, one of the extra e-liquids I ordered was leaking when it arrived. Their packaging, though, was really good, and the liquid didn't get on anything else. I emailed them about all of this, and will return the one liquid, and get some more accessories. It came with two batts (one manual, one auto), two carts, two attys.

As to the instructions, mine were difficult to read, printed very small white text on black paper; and the photos of the different parts were impossible to see on black paper! But it was very complete about charging. (It said absolutely nothing about how to fill cartridges, which are empty. But I've read a lot, and watched Spikey's video, so I know what to do.)

So, as to charging, it said to charge for eight hours, use for 20 minutes, and charge again for an hour. After the initial charging, it says it should re-charge in one hour.

But darn it, it's too late for me to do the charging tonight, unless I want to get up at 4:00 am and use it for 20 minutes. So I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Maybe bring to work and charge it for eight hours there, use 20 minutes as soon as I get home? This is very funny, that this first part is difficult to schedule in :) But I am patient. I'll wait...though I'm so anxious to try vaping!

kathy

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
The 510 chews through batteries pretty quickly. I can burn up three in a day easily. Just have one on your charger or in your PCC and swap out when the current one goes dry.

And yes, they do ship with a charge. That's because Li-Ion batteries are best stored with a 1/2 to a full charge. They'll hold a charge for months without degrading the battery's ability to charge/discharge, but they should be run through at least one charge/discharge cycle per month. Also, they don't need to be run down to 0 in order to function correctly. It's fine to top them off frequently. In fact, it's recommended.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Definitely check out CigTechs, and ElectroNicStix !!!

I just placed an order for my second 510 kit and USB PT with CT, and Chris' customer service is second to none (he even gave me his phone # in case I have any questions). all for $65 shipped! coupon code "e-cignews" for 15% off. or "10off" for 10%.

Jason at ENS is a great guy. I was gonna place my order with him, but Chris got back to me earlier regarding a special order (i wanted green LEDs with my starter kit), and i just couldn't pass up the price.

Ruyan Direct has always been one of my FAV chinese suppliers, and you can get a kit from them for less than $45/shipped, if you don't mind waiting a week or 2 for it to arrive. (Great source for juice as well, if only they carried VG based juices... PG gives me a sore throat, ick!)

I have yet to order from Monique, at Widows, only because I love LEDs! maybe leftover from the party days... (I still have a drawer full of blinking LEDs and glow sticks!)

If you have any questions... Email the guys! nearly every supplier I have used has been incredibly helpful.

Hope this helps.
Salt

Anonomo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Missouri
The good:
I ordered an extra battery, atty and some juice from the Widow last week. Good feedback on my order and fast shipping. Great vendor!

The bad and the ugly:
I placed an order for a starter kit and some juice from Janty on 5/11. What a fiasco it turned out to be. 5 weeks later I ended up having to file a dispute with Pay-Pay to get a refund. I got my money back but I'll never place an order with them again. I'd rate their customer service, or lack of it, a solid -100, putrid.

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
Well you are in the right sub-forum. Just look around and read and you will get your questions answered. Look at the number of posts to the joye510 sub-forum compared to the other mode specific forums.

Kevin

What I really meant was buying from Diet smokes, their 510, any issues?

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
Diet smokes was the first to sell the Joye 510

No, DietSmokes was NOT the first one to sell the Joye 510! Electronicstix, Widow, SmokeSafe... they were all there first.

Don't forget that the owner of DietSmokes was posting lots of video reviews on this forum and not revealing his intention to become a supplier of the items he was (objectively?) reviewing... :nah:

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
No, DietSmokes was NOT the first one to sell the Joye 510! Electronicstix, Widow, SmokeSafe... they were all there first.

Don't forget that the owner of DietSmokes was posting lots of video reviews on this forum and not revealing his intention to become a supplier of the items he was (objectively?) reviewing... :nah:

Well that's great, and good for them, since your a WIZ, now what is the answer to my question about about Diet Smokers, and their Joye 510 ?

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
I'm sorry I missed that. I have no experience with that vendor. As far as I know there is only one manufacturer of the 510, Joye.

Kevin

like a2d said
the joye 510 is manufactured by joye and they should all be manufactured by joye.......so dietsmokes joye 510 should be manufactured by joye as well as the rest

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
I'll quote myself again

Originally Posted by a2dcovert
I'm sorry I missed that. I have no experience with that vendor. As far as I know there is only one manufacturer of the 510, Joye.

Kevin

The Yeti, Dura C, TECC Titan are all Joye 510's. All are made by Joye. I don't know how much better I can say it.

Kevin

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
I'll quote myself again

The Yeti, Dura C, TECC Titan are all Joye 510's. All are made by Joye. I don't know how much better I can say it.

Kevin
Thank you for the info, I guess they corrected the Dura now, with cart leak problems they had when it first came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread