Best eliquid calculator by weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

whollybuger

Feb 18, 2018
Hello,
First post on this site. Hopefully many more. I want to start converting and mixing my recipes by weight as apposed to volume or drops. I personally use both methods with great results(my opinion), just looking for a more exact and repeatable method especially for the big batches. Can anyone suggest a really good calculator app geared for weight and editable specific gravities of liquids being used?
Thank you for any input.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Hello,
First post on this site. Hopefully many more. I want to start converting and mixing my recipes by weight as apposed to volume or drops. I personally use both methods with great results(my opinion), just looking for a more exact and repeatable method especially for the big batches. Can anyone suggest a really good calculator app geared for weight and editable specific gravities of liquids being used?
Thank you for any input.

I use this one and only mix by weight - New Calculator to try

You can manually edit SG if you know it for your ingredient(s) or let the calculator estimate it based on the PG/VG percentage.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Hello,
Thank you for any input.

I use Mac computers and iPhones, so it is hard to find a calculator I can use on my phone. My personal favorite is eliquidrecipes. I can use a phone browser to navigate to my account there when I am mixing. The features available are wonderful, IMO. It is also free to use. For most flavors (millions of them it seems) they already have the manufacturer's specified gravity but that is editable if you so desire.

whollybuger

Feb 18, 2018
I use Mac computers and iPhones, so it is hard to find a calculator I can use on my phone. My personal favorite is eliquidrecipes. I can use a phone browser to navigate to my account there when I am mixing. The features available are wonderful, IMO. It is also free to use. For most flavors (millions of them it seems) they already have the manufacturer's specified gravity but that is editable if you so desire.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
That is a great site. I use this to find out 'what can I make' based on my flavor stash. I don't store my recipes there as I prefer local files I can save and backup in the cloud, just in case the site ever disappeared.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello,
Thank you for any input.
Welcome and glad you joined.
The ELR site is one of the best. One of the advantages of having your recipes in two or more different places is if one goes down, you always will have some backup(s). I have a word type program and develop it in my computer (allows me to make copious notes). I them will post the bare boons recipe to my favorite on line calculator.
I also hard copy my word recipe program and send it to the cloud (MS sky one) backup and down load the hard copy to my thumb drive for additional storage/backup. You can't over backup, we spend too much effort and time in trying to get our recipes/files just right. Computer/sites die, no catastrophe.

whollybuger

Feb 18, 2018
Welcome and glad you joined.
The ELR site is one of the best. One of the advantages of having your recipes in two or more different places is if one goes down, you always will have some backup(s). I have a word type program and develop it in my computer (allows me to make copious notes). I them will post the bare boons recipe to my favorite on line calculator.
I also hard copy my word recipe program and send it to the cloud (MS sky one) backup and down load the hard copy to my thumb drive for additional storage/backup. You can't over backup, we spend too much effort and time in trying to get our recipes/files just right. Computer/sites die, no catastrophe.
Thanks for the welcome and advice.

Reactions: BrotherBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread