Best leakproof/resistant flavor chasing RDA for DNA40

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultrabadger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Madison, WI
From what I've read so far on the forum, it sounds like people are having the best luck with single coil builds when working with ni200 for the new dna 40 boards. Additionally, with the softness of ni200 wire and the thin gauge needed to get the >.10ohm needed, some folks have been experiencing wire clipping with the post hole and screw design of many attys these days. Considering this, I'm thinking that I may want to investigate a new rda for when I eventually get my dna 40 mod.

So given all that, I'm looking for recommendations on an RDA that gives really good flavor, uses a screwpost wrap (eg veritas) for coil mounting, works well in a single coil configuration and ideally is pretty darn leakproof. Bonus if it's <$100.

Right now that only one I can think of is the Veritas, but surely there are others. I currently have a magma clone that ticks off most od theses items and might be serviceable, but it tends to be a leaky SOB if I leave the house with it. I appreciate any suggestions you can give.

Last edited:

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
I have a DNA 40 mod on the way (Protovapor XPV), and the first nickel build I'll attempt will be dual coil on the Magma. Wire clipping may be an issue, but we'll see.

I run dual kanthal coils now, and have very little issues with leaking. Then again, I don't use the AFC ring; the top cap fits tighter without it. Of course, it can still leak from the airholes when pocketed with full wells.

BOOM!

pants-commander

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Ann Arbor
Veritas, like you said. It's what I use on mine. Works awesome because you trap the negative under a screw head, and the positive gets wrapped around a post and squished between 2 nuts. It's leak proof as well, unless you hold it upside-down or way way overfill it. Also, amazing flavor from it! 30g ni200, 5/64 drill bit, horizontal 17wrap micro came out to .25 I've had good luck with the venturi as well. The Hobo kept breaking the leads. Haven't tried it on the origen yet.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I have to go with the Magma.
I have (2) now and love the performance of both at .5-.6ohms Dual coiled with Rayon wicks.

Bought an Origen to see what all the Hubb Bubb was about. Not impressed. They claimed it is a Magma killer.
Magma has a better Draw and produces much better flavor.

Origen wins on Capacity and slightly better Vapor production.

I'll stick with the Magma for Best flavor by far.

I also have 3 Omega RDA's - very decent
and several older gen. RDA's - IGO-L/Etc.
Trident that is hit and miss.

Leak Proof pertains to build and use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread