Best mechanical mod button you've ever had? (on the hunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Hey guys as the title suggests, I'm looking for an 18650 mechanical mod with a smooth as silk button. To be honest I'd be totally happy with a button that fires so easily it's easy to do it on accident. I've pretty much reached my personal vaping heaven (for now :p), and the only thing missing is a mech mod with a flawless button. I'm not particularly picky other than the fact that I don't care much for brass, it looks good but I don't like polishing/lead content.

These are a few things that would be a plus but don't matter in the big scheme:
- Magnetic would be awesome.
-Stainless steel, titanium, or even better copper. (I don't have a titanium one yet.)
-recessed button
-has a lock
-not a button that "sticks out" like nobby side firers.

I'd love to hear any suggestions even if they don't agree with the above preferences, I'm just looking for a solid, easy as heck (it can be alot of pounds for force, I just mean doesn't ever catch or stick) to push, long lasting firing button. I'm willing to spend around 50-100$ (maybe more depending) for a quality button, I am so sick of needing to rock my finger back in forth and squeezing the life out of my mod button for it to finally "give" and fire.

-Thanks so much in advance, what's your favorite mod button?:vapor:

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
so far my favorites are- the king mod, chi you and astro

the chi and king have a really short throw, but these cant be set down on the button or they fire.

the astro is a little more stiff and a little longer throw but I can set it down without the lock ring on. So overall the astro wins for me

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
so far my favorites are- the king mod, chi you and astro

the chi and king have a really short throw, but these cant be set down on the button or they fire.

the astro is a little more stiff and a little longer throw but I can set it down without the lock ring on. So overall the astro wins for me

Thanks for the detailed input, I've actually had my eyes on astro's for a while now, but never known what the reviews are like. I'd like a buttery yet firm button, because I have great grip, and my pinky muscles are ripped from crappy buttons now :p, so as long as it glides I'm good. However a short throw is awesome too, my one good mechanical is the black copper stingray, and it's nearly touch sensitive, just not stainless steel or recessed.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I'm really liking pap's switches, and how they pay so much attention to them. v3 can stand upright, can be set down without firing, and is rated 10/10 for the "drunken vaper test" :lol: exactly what I mean.

I like how they're interchangeable, I'm thinking a bead-blasted SS (their super brass is cool, but I just don't care for the gold look) 2.1 tube + 2.5 switch + flat top cap would be sweet.

1mm throw and you can set it down without firing. That's sweet. But they're all out of stock darnit.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I prefer a side button, my two favorites are the Poldiac and the Roller. The Roller button sticks out and it is a telescoping mod so you probably won't like it but the Poldiac button is flush, magnetic and comes in your choice of battery size. They are over $100 but well worth it.

KAI789

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2014
Murfreesboro, TN
For my clones... my Chi-You will do the trick. For my high ends... It's all about how you adjust the switch really in my opinion. The Copper Vanilla button is pretty smooth for being spring loaded, plus it's a telescopic top fire, copper, and a fairly generous size.

The locking is smooth and reverse threaded, and I much prefer the second variation, which has the Smok-E Mountain logo as opposed to VANILLA, which is what stopped me from getting it before. Also, the button CAN be recessed, if you adjust it right ;)

My BioMech Gen 2 only really matches your recessed button and stainless steel needs.

My absolute favorite is my Mirandus, however, just got it today. Throw isn't reversed, but it's a really stylized piece in my opinion, everything is adjustable, from whether you want magnets or spring as they give you both, spring top pin or adjusting as you get both, and you even get to engrave something on there or pick your color scheme. All for 240.

However, bit out of your price range, the latter two are, but if you're will to spend an extra 65, the Copper Vanilla is brilliant, I love mine. But these are the only three authentics I have, but as someone suggested before, the Stingray is brilliant, and I enjoy my Chi-You. But between the two... I'd pick the Stingray, just because of the patina it develops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread