Status
Not open for further replies.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Take into consideration carrying a mod around and about the house and out and about. How well will it fit/stay in a pocket, whether shirt or pants, or do you have to have some sort of carry case for belt or lanyard? Can you set it down on a table without it getting knocked over with the slightest jar or rolling off.

I have several tube Mods I've kept and several I've traded off for REOs. I use various carto tanks, from standard mass produced to fancy glass/pyrex. But in my environment, moving around a lot inside and outside, sometimes sitting, but frequently working, and with a few dogs, 2 X Heelers, 2 X Labradoodles, and 1 X English Mastiff, all young and active, I have to take special precautions to protect the tube Mods and tanks from getting knocked over or jarred off of tables, by bumps and jars by the dogs. Tanks don't travel as well in pockets or purses. Virtually all tanks will leak at some point.

I do love my tube mods but REOs are my true love. I even have some wood REOs that, although, not mechanical, are my designated "swimmers" for use in the spa. (No REO floats.) They are well waxed, inside and out, and despite numerous dips in the spa, they are none the worse for wear. I use the wood REOs because there is nowhere for the water to get trapped. With a quick dunk, I can take battery out, wipe it and wood REO off, blow out atty (best one I've found for "swimming" is an 801), reassemble and keep on vaping without leaving the spa. (If REO is in water for more than a few seconds I do replace the battery with a dry one and let wet battery dry out for a week before testing and putting on charger. BTW... I use only AW IMR batteries in REOs. I have a few different ones for other mods, but most for other mods are AW IMR.

There are many beautiful and beautifully designed Tube Mods. My experience numbers less than 10. I loved many things about the GGTS and ProVari but both were larger and heavier than I like. I currently have a kicked Don, a Satin Buzz Pro, and short and long tumbled Roughstack V1, a no-name 14500 mod, and a couple of big battery eGos I kept out of several I have given away. Don is the only of those listed that is mechanical, but with the Kick, it becomes non-mechanical.

I can tuck a REO into any pocket or purse and be assured it will not leak or be damaged in any way. REOs have been left in drink coolers for days, lost in parks for weeks, run over by hi-way traffic, run over by trucks, gone flying off of motorcycles, at high speeds, onto gravel and pavement, and still work as well as new.

If one goes with a Metal REO and expects it to suffer "abuse" the best color for concealing dings, scratched, gouges, etc., is the Silver Anodized as the tumbled aluminum under the anodization is the same silver as the anodization color.

Feisty Alice

+1................

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Depends on your deffinition of "mechanical mod". There isn't a single strand of wire in mine.

P1000541.jpg

NancyR

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2012
    Washington State
    While I agree with the person who posted about the SB's they are not a fully mechanical pv. I did a lot of reading and asking questions before I got my BB, and while there is nothing wrong with a box pv, I was not ready to look at those at the time.

Because of my needs and wants I wound up going with the BB (smaller version of the SB), while not fully mechanical, it met my needs and was at a size I was comfortable with.

As each type or style mentioned has its good and bad points and none of us can know exactly what you would like, I would suggest looking at all the options given.

Supacrazyguy

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 15, 2012
    Swieqi , Malta
    As per your thread title, there is no better mechanical Mod than the GGTS, come poke around at the GG sumforum start a thread ask some questions, you'll be glad you did
    + 1 after a month of vaping reading watching most of the popular YouTube vids ( im also mechanical minded , I fix mcs in the semiconductor industry for a living ) etc I bit the bullet and ordered a ggts with a ufs , to my eyes it's the smartest design and it looks very very nice , only downside is I have to wait a few months until I get it

Imperator

Jul 29, 2012
    United Kingdom
    + 1 after a month of vaping reading watching most of the popular YouTube vids ( im also mechanical minded , I fix mcs in the semiconductor industry for a living ) etc I bit the bullet and ordered a ggts with a ufs , to my eyes it's the smartest design and it looks very very nice , only downside is I have to wait a few months until I get it

Can always get an Omega in the meantime ;-) Loving the top plunger!

wasabi5858

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Los Angeles
    why do people prefer dripping? seems like a lot of work

Because ultimately, your goal in vaping is to get juice to your atomizer. Other delivery system introduces wicking materials and/or other materials such as tubing that can affect taste so dripping can be considered vaping in its purest form... juice plus the heating element.

Some ppl won't sacrifice anything for that pursuit and don't mind dripping, others take some sacrifices for convenience.

wasabi5858

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Los Angeles
    As far as best is considered... whatever is more pleasing to your eyes and feel better in your hands...

The very best mod that feel awkward in your hands... and you hate the look of it every time you bring it to your mouth would mean nothing... that's like buying cars... you see it, kick the tires, sit your ... down in the seat and go, ahhhh.... this is it!

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
    Aug 14, 2012
    Michigan
    I have had a few including a GG I can't remember the exact model. It was a brass one, it worked good but I don't know something about it wasn't to my liking. I use a megalodon now. I ended up with one of the first ones made. These are the only fully mechanical ones I have owned, I still have a GLV but that isn't fully mechanical either. Still it's very hard to beat.

kimbo55

ECF Veteran
    Aug 16, 2012
    san diego
    While not totally mechanical the Smoktech Bolt has been in my hand since it came in the mail (got V4L's 808 variation). The Bolt is cheap, functional and excellent battery options. Unless I get bit by the variable voltage bug I don't see needing anything more complicated any time soon.

I have problems with the contact being to low and some devices don't make contact with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread