Mechanical mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
Nemisis Clone (Kick 2 compatible for sure) - Great, ....y bottom at times, but threads work great esp with magnet upgrade

Chi you clone - you have to do make an effort to make it work, esp the firing button even with magnet upgrades

Magneto v2 -when it did work, works good...something wrong with it right now, and not even in my scope to fix it...also it has spring in the center tube...don't care for that

Private SS - works great, looks great esp in 185350 mode, nice firing button..for me, not fan of floating pins...

Overall, my favorite is the Nemmy clone from HCigar....but some people prefer telescoping..

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
I would get a mod w/ magnet switch or one w/ readily available magnet upgrade. I have several mods I wish to magnet upgrade. Some are not upgradeable and the others are gonna cost me a small fortune to upgrade. Nemesis magnets are cheaper than dirt BTW.

Good point. Without magnets, the button on my Nemesis is awful, especially with a flat top 650.

Asmo6

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
United States
There are a lot of aesthetics that come into play when picking a mechanical mod. But there is also a 'feature list' you can go by that should get you into a good mod.

In no specific order - here is a good check list of things YOU WANT.

-Adjustable 510 connection. - Floating or threaded, don't care. But this should be basically mandatory.
-Adjustable firing mechanism. (The second place battery size can be accounted for.)
-Battery sizes/tubes. Make sure it will fit the batteries in the sizes you want. 18350-thru-18650 is a good idea.
-Kick compatibility. Some mods will let you use an 18500+Kick, (in 18650 mode) but others will let you use 18650 + kick.
-Airflow @ the 510. Adjustable is better.
-A simple and reliable safety for the switch
-Vent holes in case your battery 'splodes!
-Fuse compatibility
-Chrome plated connections

There some other things to look for as well. But that is the quick and dirty list. Want a mod that meets all of them?

Nemesis

Which is why you'll see it suggested over and over.

The Origin does as well. (<-- the adj firing mech on the origin clone I have is very poor borderline dangerous, do not recommend) Think the stingray does too, and some others.

But what you will get is a lot of people suggesting mods based on what they have and how they look. Not based on useful features. Make sure it will do what you want it to do if you're going to USE it, and not just set it somewhere on a desk and say you have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread