Status
Not open for further replies.

bamf954

Sep 23, 2012
United States
What do you think the best mechanical mode is right now. Please factor in cost. I know i get what i pay for but i dont wanna pay $400 for a mod that a $100 mod can do just a bit less efficient. I already have the smok telescope and the EDZ Motar 5 but what are my other options. Im looking to get into sub ohms so i need a little help

Peppie

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
Bonney Lake Wa, US of A
There are a number of mech mods under $100 that will light a sub ohm coil as good as any $180+ mod some even better.
IMO the craftsmanship and quality are worth more of my hard earned money.
I have been buying mech mods on just looks and design alone. I have yet to buy one that was not worth a crap.
I think it boils down to how much money do I want to waist. or is it really a waist (to you) to have great fit and finish??

I love my Poldiac, but I also love my Segelei!!!

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Im personally a really big fan of the whole Zenesis 2 lineup.

The whole lineup is modular. Everything fits on everything.

You've got

Body Tubes-18350, 18490, 18650. Stainless, Gun Metal Nanocoat, Brass, Sapphire NanoCoat(soon to be released)

Small Tank Atomizer

Large Tank Atomizer

Carto Tank, will hold 35mm and 45mm cartos

510 Connector

So, you can have any mod you like. Want an 18650 Genny Hybrid? No prob. Want an 18650 Carto hybrid, so you can run with a kick and an 18490? No prob. How about an 18350 genny hybrid, but you want the big tank atty? No prob. How about an 18350 mech? See where Im going?

Everything fits on everything. AND, everything is pretty much always available, with the exception of the carto tanks/carto hybrids, those have been in high demand and sell out quickly. But otherwise, Zen and ElectronicStix have been doing a great job keeping everything in stock.

I purchased a gun metal Altus, and a DX350. Which is an 18650 big tank atty genny hybrid, and an 18350 mech. But, I can turn those into whatever combo I want.

I am totally loving my Altus. Its really a piece of art, and definitely my nicest device. I tend to only put my absolute favorite juices in it. And the 18350 mech is just as nice, and its seeing just as much use, mainly with my RDAs.

I definitely plan on purchasing some more Zenesis 2 pieces.

sdogre

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 18, 2013
    Calgary, Canada/ Kenedy,Texas
    If you like the Zenesis 2 line you can get all the parts a little cheaper from Steam Monkey, I have mixed and matched my zenesis stuff with steam monkeys, didn't want to wait for the 650 tube to be restocked, I love my n-zonic 3 it's a very versatile telescopic mod, contacts need regular cleaning but that's minor

Texaslimo

Woof!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 5, 2013
    TX
    This is all subjective. I am very new and still learning myself. So, as long as we are talking about the best mods, what models fit into this analogy (if I have any of these out of order, speak up~):
    Gold Lamborghini = Otto Carter Mods ($3K)
    Aston Martin One = Caravela (I have heard these things go for upwards of $2K. While a significant portion of that value may be the rarity, I have to wear a bib while looking at pics of these. They are downright SEXY)
    Buggati = Windrose, Senesis (exceptional quality, but you are probably going to have to get on a list to be able to get one)
    Caddilac, Lexus = Zen, Odachi, Cobra, Nemesis, Reo (still dang good quality, but more readily available)
    Honda = Smok, (good quality build, but your not going to cry when it gets that first ding)
    Pinto, Gremlin = cheaply made mods

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Apalachicola, FL, United States
    I continue to marvel at the fascination with the Windrose...if you've owned one, you know why.
    It's an OK mod for RRP, about a hundred bucks. But I don't think I'd pay $120.
    They simply are not a good, let alone great mod. Wobbly button (VERY), really janky atty to battery connection, and VERY bad finishing on a lot of tubes. Bad enough that the modder had to offer free replacement tubes to any first batch (which we're still on, BTW) purchaser who requested them.
    I understand that they are currently the Flavor of the Week (though again, I fail to understand why...), but I believe that most folks once they obtain one, will relegate it to a substantially lower tier. Don't trade off your unicorns for these folks, unless you desire disappointment in waves.

Texaslimo

Woof!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 5, 2013
    TX
    RRP? I have not held a Windrose, so I could not say what they are like in person. I have heard good things about Zens, and might actually have a shot at getting one soon. I have heard that they are very airy, which is not to my particular liking, but that can be attended to. From what I have heard, ready, and watched of Zen, he is the kind of guy whose business I would like to support.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread