Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I've been using the crown tank since last year and I love it. It's coils last forever and it never leaks. However I'd like to get a tank that holds more juice to decrease the number of refills. What's the best 5ml+ tank that has coils that last a long time? I don't want to rebuild coils so it needs to be plug and play. I've been considered the crown 3 and the valyrian tank. The valyrian tank with the bigger glass that holds 8ml would be great I'm just a little worried the coils are all .15 or around there because I usually use .5 coils and like them better than the .25 for the crown. Oh and I like SS coils that I can use in power and tc modes. What does the brain trust consider the best tank that checks all the boxes I've laid out? Thanks in advance for any help you give. It's so hard to watch the professional vape reviewers that think every product is the next great thing. They've lost their credibility.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
I don't think blazer pro uses smok coils. I can confirm blazer 200 does. I opened a blazer 200 yesterday and popped in a smok coil. The smok coil leaked just like it does in the tfv8 tank.

So I popped in the .2 coil from sense that came with it. Good cloud production at 120 watts, flavor slightly more muted but I could tell closely inspecting the sense coil it doesn't have the gasket issue that the smok's do, so I'm not expecting it to leak. The blazer coils will go higher, at 170 watts the tank gets hot as a mother f.

I've had it with the smok coils dumping juice without warning on me, my clothes, my car, my floor, my mod ECT.

Last edited:

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
I've never had a Smok coil that didn't leak. Lol guess that why I use rebuildable tanks.

Sent from the future
The do seem to struggle getting it right. I recall melting and tearing gaskets on my TFV4, leaky coils on the TFV8. I'm not buying a 12, no way. The 8 rocks it on coil life and vape experience but I don't want a relationship with my tank and juice and the constant clean ups.

Jeremy Nelson

Aug 26, 2017
I've never had one leak either, other than the one that came with my first tfv8 from the factory.

I've rebuilt A LOT of tanks for people who say they are leaking no afterwards, no leak.

Something tells me it may have a lot to do with assembly, from pre lubing orings to knowing which sections need to be super tight.

Bought the sigelei revolvr tank and it leaked like a sieve and ripped it apart cleaned it and reassembled. Not a bit of leaking.

Back on topic, if u like uwell, the valyrian is sweet. Didn't work with my juice due to flavor so I gave it away and the new owner loves it. Tried it with his juice and it tastes great. Props to those who mentioned the blazer tanks, they really are great, and both the pro and 200 will accept smok coils. I can say so for certain with the 200' as I have one, but the literature states the same for the pro.

Tons of options out there for you my friend.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Well after a few days I can still say the Blazer 200 is not leaking, dry as a bone.

For me, I've had tons of leaking from TFV8 coils. I made sure the last batch was bought from a Smok dealer to make sure I wasn't getting a possible knock off. Still leaked. If you look at the bottom of the Sense coil vs. the TFV8 it's clear why the Smok leaks.

The Smok does have slightly better flavor over the Blaze, won't deny it, but not having to suck/spit the air hole to make sure I'm not going to tip it to vape and have oil get on my work shirt is worth it for the Blazer.

P.S. I'm also testing a Valyrian, I like it, I wish the drip tip was full size like the TFV and Sense. Definitely much cheaper hinge and build quality than the Blazer 200. Better flavor though. Feels in between the Crown 1 and TFV8 on air flow.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Is there a consensus on the best coil for the blazer 200 tank? One with better flavor, better life, or better built? Also I haven't seen any s.s. Coils for this tank, is that correct? No s.s. Temp mode coils for the blazer 200?

I'm only aware of the Ceramic and the non Ceramic .2 coil for the Blazer 200. I've only used the .2 thus far so I can't compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread