Best pg/vg ratio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachie28

Feb 4, 2012
Near Atlanta
So unfortunately, I've stopped vaping. My dekang menthol 24 mg was just way too strong for me, so I've picked the Newports back up (they're actually smoother). I plan to order some juices from KBV soon, but I'm wondering about the PG/VG ratio. I have the option of 70pg/30vg or 40pg/60vg and I'm not too sure which one I should pick... I believe I saw somewhere that too much VG can gunk up your hardware (I have a 510) so is 60% too much? I would go with the 70/30 but I'm just afraid it might still be too strong... What is the best percentage for someone who doesn't want toooooooo much TH?:blink:

Jekisa

Jul 25, 2010
Texas
Oh no! :( I came to check on you since we ordered our 510's around the same time. I'm sorry you're back on analogs. Once you get the juice issue figured out, I hope you'll be vaping for good. :) Don't let little problems like this let you go years inbetween vaping like I did. I think it's just takes a little adjustment period to figure out what works for you.

I've not tried VG, so I can't offer any help there, but I'd suggest that in addition to the 24 mg, you might want to order some juice in the low nic category.

Even as a former PAD Camel Wide smoker, I stick to low and medium for most of the day and save the high nic liquid for only a few times a day. I think it's because I'm vaping almost constantly.

HOWEVER, today is my first day without any analogs because I don't have any, so I might be vaping high juice all day, heheh. I had 2 cigs the first day, 3 the next, and 4 yesterday. I'm finding it a little harder to quit this time, but it's not terrible at all.

I'm interested in seeing the comments about the PG/VG ratio. I may order some as well because my throat is bothering me a little too.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Hi, Peachie

Lower nic strength will give you less throat hit, so that may be something to try. A higher VG content can also reduce some of the throat hit. The exact balance of PG and VG you prefer will be a personal thing, so honestly all I can suggest there is maybe try a small bottle of both options to see which you like better :)

On your 510 are you using the separate attys and carts or one-piece cartomizers? The higher VG can cause wicking issues on some gear, but with the attys and carts or with standard cartos 60% VG should still work fine, it will just take a little bit longer to soak in while filling

Peachie28

Feb 4, 2012
Near Atlanta
Hey Jekisa! I see you got your kit, too! I'm liking everything so far, that juice is just way too strong for me. I'll probably wind up giving it away or something. But I've been checking juice reviews so I can find something that's right for me, and quick. Ugh! Hate that I went back to the analogs, but I just can't take that juice. :(

And Killjoy, I'm using the separate atty and cartridge. I've heard cartomizers are better, don't know if they'd be better for the VG, but I plan to try them out eventually. <sigh> Right now, I just need to find a good juice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread