Your preferred PG/VG ratio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

syrianrue

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2009
I've only had experienced with 50/50 so far, so would love to hear about your personal experience with e-liquids of various PG/VG ratios.

Online it says that VG produces more vapor, while PG gives more throat hit.... so if i dont care about how much smoke my e-cig produces since i'm not smoking to impress friends or to look cool and only care about the satisfactions of smoking a cigarette, would a 80/20 PG/VG ratio be better for me?

And in regards to VG and PG liquid, is VG considered safer ? though PG has also been approved as generally safe by the FDA. But compared to VG which is basically made from vegetable oil/coconut oil, is VG safer?

JustMeB

Dec 1, 2014
PA-USA
There was a poll done here on what percentages people prefer, although I'm sorry I don't have a link for it. There are also comments added to the poll as well that may help you with some of them. I believe one persons view of the satisfactions of smoking a cigarette differs to another persons point of view, do it's difficult for me any way to say for sure that an 80pg/20vg would be better for you. Although a higher PG level does give more of a throat hit than a lower one if that is what you are seeking. My advice is to try different ratios and see which you like better and does the trick for you for your level of satisfaction.

I also think the device you use plays a part in it as well. As I did use an ego battery previously, but recently switched to an eleaf istick (without changing the pg/vg ratio) and found that I am more satisfied with the istick than the ego. Of course, this is just what I have experienced. I'll let someone else answer the VG/PG liquid safety question as I don't have an answer for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread