The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

best polishing product

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Maintenance' started by kenxstyle, Oct 22, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. the_guy

the_guy Full Member Verified Member

Mar 31, 2014
    United States
    The cape cod does wonders for my watches, so it could do the same for your cig. If you are trying to use the polish/buffer on harbor freight, just know that you need to purchase the white rouge for aluminum and an extra buffing wheel to clean it afterwards.

2. garpt01

garpt01 Super Member ECF Veteran Verified Member

Jan 6, 2014
    South Florida
    A bunch of excellent metal cleaners mentioned in this thread.
    One caveat- on clone mods, if you have any supposed "gold finish" trim, do NOT use metal polishes such as Mother's, brass/ siver pastes, etc. The gold finish will rub right off. I would assume this is only true for cheaper mods and clones. I'd be really ...... if it happened with a real $200+ Nemesis or the like!

3. shiddyshad

shiddyshad Full Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Maumee, OH
    I'd have to agree with using the bench grinder. Much more economical than expensive polishes like mother's or sharkskin. Rather than a second wheel I'd go with the isopropyl for cleaning off the black residue.

4. MKIVR32

MKIVR32 Full Member Verified Member

blue magic metal polishing cream for Copper and brass. works great!

5. phantom552

phantom552 Full Member

Sep 19, 2013
    Mesa, AZ
    For those worried about "gunk" building up on threads and such from paste-based polishes, try a can of Eagle One Nevr-Dull, it polishes using a cotton-like material soaked in a clear oily substance, works pretty well in areas where a paste polish would get to be a PITA.

There's also a 6" bench buffer and jeweler's rouge, but that can and will make a gunky mess if you aren't careful!

6. illregal

illregal Full Member

Dec 2, 2014
    +1 for Simichrome.. I've never used it for anything but aluminum, and my stainless exhaust tips. But it works wonders on that stuff.
    I like it better then the mothers polish, and blue magic. It also leaves a just waxed like finish. Which will keep fingerprints, etc away for a couple days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.