Best portable, pocket-sized PV on the market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dharma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
Near El Paso, TX
I started out with the 510 and the Egos, but my battery life was never as good as they touted. I think the Ego is small enough to go in my pocket for social outings, but I have a few issues with it: it leaks, doesn't hold a lot of liquid in the cart or cartomizer, and it gets hot quickly. The heating up issue is my biggest concern, because if I'm out vaping on it a lot, I don't want a battery to explode in my face or malfunction.

Has anyone else had issues with ego-type batteries getting overly hot after vaping for shorter periods?

Now, I've got box mods (cheap and works great at home and stays cool) and a bottom feeder (best car or long travel option) but I need a small device I can count on.

Does anyone carry the E power 14650 in their pocket? It seems like it might be a little too big. I wonder if there's a 10440 pen-style mod that could use LR, or something similar.

Anyone have a solution?

1. Small, light and portable
2. Doesn't overheat
3. Holds enough juice to vape a while and not get sloppy everywhere
4. enough battery life to last at least a few hours (or more)

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
I started out with the 510 and the Egos, but my battery life was never as good as they touted. I think the Ego is small enough to go in my pocket for social outings, but I have a few issues with it: it leaks, doesn't hold a lot of liquid in the cart or cartomizer, and it gets hot quickly. The heating up issue is my biggest concern, because if I'm out vaping on it a lot, I don't want a battery to explode in my face or malfunction.

Has anyone else had issues with ego-type batteries getting overly hot after vaping for shorter periods?

Now, I've got box mods (cheap and works great at home and stays cool) and a bottom feeder (best car or long travel option) but I need a small device I can count on.

Does anyone carry the E power 14650 in their pocket? It seems like it might be a little too big. I wonder if there's a 10440 pen-style mod that could use LR, or something similar.

Anyone have a solution?

1. Small, light and portable
2. Doesn't overheat
3. Holds enough juice to vape a while and not get sloppy everywhere
4. enough battery life to last at least a few hours (or more)

That is the ultimate question isn't it.

I think you may only get 2-3 out of the 4 requirements out of any PV I know of.

I use my reo most of the time.
Big battery

Bottomfeeder with a large juice bottle

It's all mechanical so the only thing that gets hot is the atty (no regulator or MOSFET to get hot)

It fits in my pocket but it takes up a lot of room in there

I got 3 out of the 4 in a combination I am comfortable with

Dharma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
Near El Paso, TX
@ kaykay - the Megalodon looks about the same size as the E power 14650, or possible a little bigger? I saw on the website that there's supposedly a mini "don" model, just as wide in diameter but shorter. It doesn't seem to be available though.

@uba - that Igo does look great and closer to what I'm looking for, despite the proprietary battery but it sounds like it lasts a long time. Man, some vaping and motorbiking sounds perfect for summer... wish I could go riding too!

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
Yeah. It only uses it's charger. But, I can charge my other 808 batteries on it, so it's not that bad. But if your not an 808 guy, then I can see the problem with starting over with all your gear. As far as dirt biking goes, if you ever find yourself in WV, I have several. I'll strap you to a 250 and send you on your merry way into the hills lol.

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
My first thought is your Ego batt should not be getting warm at all. The atty/carto will get hot if you take 5 or more hits in
quick succession, but the body of the batt should not be getting hot. You may have a bad batt.
I say this from my own use of an Ego, but I am not a heavy vapor.

My recommendation would be maybe the VMOD from Vapeage. It is a compact, juice fed carto set up, using a 14500 batt.

Dharma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
Near El Paso, TX
@vpndrgn - what brand of Ego batteries do you use and where have you purchased them from? Yeah, the heat issue is on the whole top half of both ego-style batteries I have, which is concerning.

@uba - I do have all 510 gear right now, but the Igo still looks nice. When I was a kid, I had relatives in WV and we road four wheelers all over the place, time of my life lol. Thanks for the invite.

@fray - I'm checkin' out the grimgreen review on the precise now, thanks for the suggestion.

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
@vpndrgn - what brand of Ego batteries do you use and where have you purchased them from? Yeah, the heat issue is on the whole top half of both ego-style batteries I have, which is concerning.

Mine are Joytech and I think I got them from Litecig. If you chain-vape the cone and atty/carto will get pretty hot, especially if there isn't enough clearance between the cone and the atty/carto. Mine has about 1mm clearance all the way around, and cools off pretty quickly.

M_FactorX19

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2011
N.E. Tennessee
i dont know of another mod to recommend other than whats been mentioned but my ego bats dont get hot. even chain vaping them with a LR aty or carto. the aty or carto might get warm but the battery never does. are you using real ego batteries?

i also dont have a problem with leaking either. i use cartos and never had one leak on me after filling them right.

i dont have a problem with how much juice they hold either. if you do you might want to check out the new "5ml" dual coil ego cartos from Madvapes. i havent tried them myself but ive read good things and they hold around 4-5ml or juice. that should last you a while.

K*Rose

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
South Jersey
i dont know of another mod to recommend other than whats been mentioned but my ego bats dont get hot. even chain vaping them with a LR aty or carto. the aty or carto might get warm but the battery never does. are you using real ego batteries?

i also dont have a problem with leaking either. i use cartos and never had one leak on me after filling them right.

i dont have a problem with how much juice they hold either. if you do you might want to check out the new "5ml" dual coil ego cartos from Madvapes. i havent tried them myself but ive read good things and they hold around 4-5ml or juice. that should last you a while.

I have tried the eGo dual coils from MadVapes and they ROCK! I wouldn't say they hold 5ml, maybe 4. They produce awesome vapor at 3.7 and 5 volts. Get them!

alekos557

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
dayton, nv
The body on the Roughstack Maxi is only 3 3/4 inches long, voltage from 3.7 - 7.4volts. Has yet to fire in my pocket.
I put a "VaporEscense" Tank on it, and have never taken it off. Just works too well.
Another that might work is the Darwin with a carto, any carto. Can't fire in pocket, and it is lasts at least 2 full days of heavy vaping. It is pricey, but after about the first hour I haven't noticed the size.
I haven't been able to try the Reos yet, but I can keep dreaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread