retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
And therein lies the controversy. One needs to ask themself, WHY was that thread kept open given the number of deletions and implied infractions? I'll leave it there.

Because some here have learned that if they kick up enough crap in a thread, it'll get closed.

No more. If it takes numerous RRs and suspensions to get it through some heads that that kind of behavior is not appropriate, so be it. You know the rules, it's time to abide by them.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
i remember one thread in particular, didn't get moved or deleted until it got disrupted by a mod. The arrival of a mod and interference is what can turn a perfectly interesting thread into an arguement. You can imagine being part of a perfectly civil conversation, a mod turns up, and the whole thing turns into a nightmare. A rare occurrence but it does happen. No ones perfect after all !.

Ahh.... the irony of a paradox, artistic ?, yes, Bloody annoying ?, totally !.

Don't get me wrong this isn't me bashing mods, or trying to, i remember just one particular occasion.

Reactions: SilverBear

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
And we are treading into dangerous territory. Before anyone gets into trouble, I am going to give this thread some time before it gets shut down.

NsoLROR.gif

Been a while since I have had to use the clock for which I am grateful to the membership :)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Interesting that longtime members are stepping away from here because of actions taken in a thread where it was blatantly obvious what the original purpose was.
Obvious to all except one in power.
I would have deleted the thread immediately or locked it.
But to defend such an obvious troll?

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Obvious to all except one in power.
    I would have deleted the thread immediately or locked it.
    But to defend such an obvious troll?
    It does make one question if the loyalties of that "one in power" is to vaping or to the FDA.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    I know we did lose at least one member over this. Even if it was a troll and I'm not 100% sure it was, I still think we could behave better. I was pretty disappointed in this group.
    Umm we lost no one. That was not the FIRST post of a prospective member. That was their ONLY planned post. Under that ID at least.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    So there's two possibilities: 1. He was a troll and never planned to come back (But then why wouldn't he stick around to watch the fire that he lit?) 2. He was so disgusted with the lack of maturity of the group he decided to not come back.
    Lack of maturity?
    Ok...

I gots facial necrosis. Too much PG/antifreeze?

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 30, 2015
    ON. Canada
    I'll give the thread this though... It's the most action a non contest related thread has got here in quite some time that wasn't just random nonsense...

We had someone attacking vaping, people felt hurt by his words and as a defense mechanism they not only defended themselves they declared war and mounted an offensive..

The thread should have been closed, it's a pretty simple concept instead what we got is a bunch of members many that have been here for a long time feeling insulted...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread