Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
We need more info about how you vape to fine down our recommendations. Right now, the best buy on a solid mod is the Wismec Reuleaux RX200, 40 bucks at VapeNW. This is a 3 battery mod, but surprisingly small and comfortable, and no heavier than most of my 2 battery boxes. I like it so much, I have two of them. However, they are 3 batteries, and not too pocket friendly. Sigelie and Snow Wolf both make 75watt 1 battery mods I can recommend if you want to carry it around. Another option in a solid 1 battery is the SX Mini. Very nice, top quality, but 2x the price of the Sig or SW. If you can get verified, there were several of the previous model on sale here in the classies last I looked. My current 2 favorite drippers are the Wotofo Sapor and the Mutation V4. Both are pretty versatile and can be built high or low, with good air adjustments. The Sapor is top air and less prone to leaking. For a tank, depends on how you vape. If you are a low power, high ohm, MTL tootle puffer, a Kayfun clone can't be beat (any of them will do, but the V4 is top fill.) The Lemo2 is a versatile single coil machine and can be built high or low. For high ohm MTL work, you'll want a smaller drip tip. For deep subohm and high VG juices, you'll want to hog out the juice channels a bit with a Dremel for better flow. But in the midrange, it's very sweet. The best big air cloud tank I know of is the Indulgence MT. Juice channels and air ports big enough to drive a truck through. Coil it low, crank the watts and fasten your seatbelt. I have 3 of them and they rock. It has a near-twin brother, the Mutank, that can use prefab coils and has two different build decks, a 4 hole, three post system, or Velocity style 4 hole 2 post; and is available in 3 or 6 ml capacity. Telk us more about how you vape, we can get closer to what you want.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I agree with all of the above. The mod and tank choices are endless. For a really nice tank to learn to build on I would suggest the Kanger Subtank Mini V2. The version 2 of the Subtank has larger wicking holes on the rba and an improved air flow. Factory coils are also an option here. I tried dripping but didn't enjoy the seemingly constant attention the dripper needed to refill.

As to places to shop I have used these US businesses:
www.myvaporstore.com
www.originvape.com
www.vapesupersaver.com
www.sweetvapes.com
www.mtbakervapor.com
www.myfreedomsmokes.com
www.madvapes.com
www.gotvapes.com
www.vapeNW.com

Good luck in your journey.

Reactions: MikeyConti

kerby82mex

Jan 28, 2016
Thanks guys for the information.

My goal is to improve the flavor tasting experience and I like juic that produce dense vapor, so I guess that sub ohm coils is better. I don't like warm vapor.

I guess that the RX200 is a good choice and I would by one RDA (Velocity) and one RTA (Melo 2, Subtank Mini, Kayfoon or Aspire Nautilus 2).

I never made a coil, I saw a lot of tutorials on youtube, do you have some particular suggestions?

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to do non sub-ohm first (pretty much uses the same equipment mentioned above, the coil/wick is built different). You will get great flavor but the cloud production is not as intense as you can produce with sub ohm'g.
Could look into the pros and cons of sub ohm'g vs non sub ohm'g before you decide which way you want to go. Some folks jump right into sub ohm'g without looking at the hidden ramifications.Successful sub ohm'rs tend to know the ins and outs of vaping. That's why sub ohm'g is tag as advanced vaping.
Best suggestion I can give, is read all you can before you put your hard earned money down.

Reactions: suprtrkr

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
My goal is to improve the flavor tasting experience and I like juic that produce dense vapor, so I guess that sub ohm coils is better. I don't like warm vapor.
Could look into the pros and cons of sub ohm'g vs non sub ohm'g before you decide which way you want to go. Some folks jump right into sub ohm'g without looking at the hidden ramifications.
Lower Ohm Coils Will:
  • Heat The Coil Faster
  • Produce More Vapor
  • Drain The Battery Faster
  • Use E-Juice Faster
  • Produce A Warmer Tasting Vape
Higher Ohm Coils Will:
  • Heat The Coil Slower, Which Will Produce “Less” Vapor
  • Provide A “Cooler” Tasting Vape
  • Use Less E-Juice
  • Prolong Battery Life

Reactions: BrotherBob

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Thanks guys for the information.

I guess that the RX200 is a good choice and I would by one RDA (Velocity) and one RTA (Melo 2, Subtank Mini, Kayfoon or Aspire Nautilus 2).

I never made a coil, I saw a lot of tutorials on youtube, do you have some particular suggestions?
Your problem there is, as vapor density increases, so does warmth. This is because making more vapor requires more power. If you want the density and increased vapor production of subohm, don't go the Kayfun route. Those tanks do not breathe well enough to support it. The V4 Kayfun with the "subohm kit"-- essentially a high temp insulator and a bigger air channel in the center bolt-- comes fairly close. Kayfun is also now making the V5, and clones are available, which is intended for subohm and is alleged to breathe freely enough for the purpose. I have never tired one, or even seen it. Of all the ones you mention, I think the Subtank is going to be the most versatile, to help you find where you want your vape to go.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
What do you think about the iStick 60w with Melo Atomizer? At the moment I'm vaping with an iStick 30W with a Kangertech genitank 1.5ohm.
I have never used either. I don't know anything bad about either, and I do know some people who like one or the other, or both.

kerby82mex

Jan 28, 2016
Th
Its a good setup as long as it works for you! The eLeaf iStick 60W TC board is made by Joyetech, which is what the RX200, Cuboid, Vape Forward, Evic VTC Mini, etc use.

Iv heard the Hurricane is a Great RTA for both Standard vaping and Sub Ohming!

Welcome to ECF BTW :)

Thanks! I hope to get some know how from you Veterans and Masters :)

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Th

Thanks! I hope to get some know how from you Veterans and Masters :)
I dont consider myself a Master by a long shot lol But once you get your post count up, you will be able to access all the other threads on ECF which are filled with tons of info you can use!

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Hi Guys.

I opted for the following:

iStick 60w + Melo 2 + RTA Hurricane (I built .8 ohm coil)

The Hurricane is incredible the flavor and the vapor is very good, also the Melo 2 is good but the coils are consumable.

What do you think about this setup? To me seems ok for a beginner/intermediate user.
If it keeps you off the sticks, you're doing it right. There's not a thing in the world wrong with that gear.

Reactions: MikeyConti
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread