• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Best Tank System available In Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaincorgi

Verified Member
Nov 3, 2011
Kitchener, ON
Good afternoon everyone,

I'm looking to try out a tank/cartomizer system. All fo my regular suppliers only seem to carry the smoketech DCT system, anyone have any experience with them?

Otherwise, what would you recommend that is available from a canadian supplier?

Edit: Should clarify, looking for a carto tank.

Last edited:

frankbooth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I have tried several tank systems and they all seem to work the same for me, it basically just boiled down to what resistance carto you choose to put in them. Unfortunately I could never seem to find the right balance as I chain vape and they would not wick fast enough or i would enlarge or punch a second hole and they would flood. If you haven't already tried them I would take the suggestions from this thread and give the Krangers and Vivi's a shot as they both work great and are just that easy to use.

My tanks are now useless to me.

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
I use Smok DCT tanks, or the boge F-16 tanks, the cartos that come with the F-16 (or at least the one I had to review) are not great. I buy boge XL cartos and slot them with my dremel. It all comes down to the cartomizer you are using in there....unless you use alot of acidic or cinnamon liquids then you may want to switch to a pyrex tank or something similar.

frankbooth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I use Smok DCT tanks, or the boge F-16 tanks, the cartos that come with the F-16 (or at least the one I had to review) are not great. I buy boge XL cartos and slot them with my dremel. It all comes down to the cartomizer you are using in there....unless you use alot of acidic or cinnamon liquids then you may want to switch to a pyrex tank or something similar.

+1 for the dremel

Beaver

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Ontario
I use a 35mm smoktech stubby tank, but I use 35mm boge SR carts with it. I use a hammer with a roofing nail and only put one hole in the cart. Never had flooding issues or dry hits with it and I carry with me all the time. On the first fill I only fill the cart to about 3/4 and then fill the tank. I refill the tank daily with dekang 555 or ry4 and the standard resistance boge normally lasts 3 weeks before the draw gets stiff or the vapor production becomes low.

I would also recommend the vivi nova if you want something other than a carto tank.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
I have tried several tank systems and they all seem to work the same for me, it basically just boiled down to what resistance carto you choose to put in them. Unfortunately I could never seem to find the right balance as I chain vape and they would not wick fast enough or i would enlarge or punch a second hole and they would flood. If you haven't already tried them I would take the suggestions from this thread and give the Krangers and Vivi's a shot as they both work great and are just that easy to use.

My tanks are now useless to me.

Frank go for it. Since I started using the vivis and the stardusts my Carto and tanks are locked us except as Plan z emergency. I do however want to get a Kir Fanis Prive tank for my Provari because it looks so incredible. I'll take it out on days when I'm completely serene and have the patience for all of the carto issues.

frankbooth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Frank go for it. Since I started using the vivis and the stardusts my Carto and tanks are locked us except as Plan z emergency. I do however want to get a Kir Fanis Prive tank for my Provari because it looks so incredible. I'll take it out on days when I'm completely serene and have the patience for all of the carto issues.

Thanks Projectguy, I enjoyed the kranger's and Vivi's quite a bit more than my tank setup. I am just getting into rebuildable genesis style atty's and so far I am very impressed, mesh wicks are awsome and no matter how hard I draw I have yet to have a burnt hit.

The only problem now is that i cant stop spending money on new PV's and atty's

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Thanks Projectguy, I enjoyed the kranger's and Vivi's quite a bit more than my tank setup. I am just getting into rebuildable genesis style atty's and so far I am very impressed, mesh wicks are awsome and no matter how hard I draw I have yet to have a burnt hit.

Heh. Only way I've found to get a burnt hit on a Genesis is to run it dry, and that's only when I'm not paying attention.

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
After 3 years of vaping I've tried them all. From the j-tank, the sub-tank,map tank, all the CE failures (stardust excluded), ego tank failures, avid clean tank,the gg pen...you get my point.

From a performance standpoint, as well as a value standpoint, the vivi nova is a clear winner. The flavor is clean, the th is pronounced, and the production is flawless with any pv (provided you get the correct head ohms). It's a breeze to clean, and rebuildable if you choose, or go with the new heads for as little as $3 or less. Did I mention they last quite a long time provided you clean them every other day. Did I also mention you can use your favorite 510 drip tip (almost all).

I'd recommend them to new vapors and seasoned ones, it makes vaping easier, cleaner, and simply more satisfying.:thumb::thumb:

plaincorgi

Verified Member
Nov 3, 2011
Kitchener, ON
Thanks for all your input everyone. I went with a Boge F16 from CV.

Heh. Only way I've found to get a burnt hit on a Genesis is to run it dry, and that's only when I'm not paying attention.
I have a genesis style, but I cannot get rid of the metallic taste when rebuilding my own coils.

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Mat - From what I've read, a metallic taste indicates a short somewhere. The usual culprits are the wick shorting against the body of the atomizer: either the bottom, the top cap or the centre post. One of the coils could be shorting against the wick, too. Nudge your coils or rotate your wick a quarter-turn and see if that helps, first. Otherwise, make sure the wick's not touching any of those three other spots. That's all I've ever had to do to get rid of a short. Not sure if there are other steps.

I heat my kanthal to make it less springy. I find that if I don't, my coils don't stay snug against the wick - there's a bit of springback. Makes for muted vapor and flavour. Also increases the risk of a short between the coil and the positive post.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON

No kidding.

I bought a ZAP its been hung up. I got impatient, tried to rebuild a Stardust lost the "O" rings its been in pieces ever since. Got real impatient bought a Zen Standard love it so much now I'm very angry about my ZAP.

A completely different experience. When I do replenish my "stupid money" and get a Kir Fanis tank I will absolutely get a "Slap your Mamma"

frankbooth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2012
Toronto, Canada
No kidding.

I bought a ZAP its been hung up. I got impatient, tried to rebuild a Stardust lost the "O" rings its been in pieces ever since. Got real impatient bought a Zen Standard love it so much now I'm very angry about my ZAP.

A completely different experience. When I do replenish my "stupid money" and get a Kir Fanis tank I will absolutely get a "Slap your Mamma"

Yeah I actually check for updates on your thread daily as I know how anxious I get while I'm waiting for goodies.
I have a few pieces in transit from Bulgaria as we speak so hopefully all goes well. Also I'm glad that you enjoy your Zen and I'm sure once once they release the ZAP you will be enjoying that as well or.....

You will decide to get back some of the money you spent and sell one of them to moi??? :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread