Best temp control mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livaz1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2013
Newcastle
Most removable battery mods act as microUSB2 charging mods. You just don’t take the battery out. The jac vapor sandstorm and the hcigar dna75c are both pretty small. Another thought might be a lostvape orion
Yeah mate I know you can charge them that way. It isn’t the best method tho for equal charging and stability. Will take a look at the mods you mentioned tho cheers.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
A few reviews say the Minikin's not so hot in TC - I don't know if it's something that a software update would fix?

OP - I should imagine that if you were to charge via USB, a DNA box would be one of the safer options. The more immediate worry with USB charging is damage to the port, though if you're careful it should be OK.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yeah mate I know you can charge them that way. It isn’t the best method tho for equal charging and stability. Will take a look at the mods you mentioned tho cheers.
It’s the two battery mods that have the equal charging issues. These are both one battery mods. The only device I know of that actually has an internal battery and a dna chip these days is the Orion. It’s a bit odd. It’s a refillable pod system to start but while large for a pod it is extremely small for a mod. It has a more limited dna chip called the dna go and you get more limited control. It’s supposed to be dna quality tc though

Reactions: DeloresRose

Lufty

Sep 13, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
Jac Vapor is popular here, Lost Vape is also nice. The Paranormal and Therion are the same size as a Pulse 80w and I think the Triade is close to the same size as a Minikin but triple 18650.

Rebel and Boxer have 2x700 DNA mods. Boxer has a lipo DNA model i believe. Ive seen people receive some pretty iffy quality devices from both companies and bad experiences getting the problems fixed. So be careful!

Hcigars are also nice.

Dicodes are pretty nice too, but around 300$ish (USD). But they need to be charged externally, unless your willing to spend another 70$ on the dock you put it on to charge.

Is she looking for a 75c or 250c? dual or triple battery? Sorry I wasnt sure so I went kinda broad.

Lufty

Sep 13, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
A few reviews say the Minikin's not so hot in TC - I don't know if it's something that a software update would fix?

OP - I should imagine that if you were to charge via USB, a DNA box would be one of the safer options. The more immediate worry with USB charging is damage to the port, though if you're careful it should be OK.

Yeah, according to DNA they have a battery management [something] and balanced charging for the cells. Sorry poor wording.

Lufty

Sep 13, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
Reactions: Fredman1

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
There's an old SBody mod - I think it's the Elfin DNA75. It's quite dinky and has a built-in battery.
Yeah man I love this little guy.
20181017_121303.jpg

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
asmodus minikin 2 at the minute but the temp control is poor.
Have you watched DJLsb's review about tc on the mod? He has some interesting info and things to say about tc on the mod, but he also aren't impressed with the tc function. Its a damn pity. I really love this thing, but i'm all about tc...:cry:

Last edited:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Sxmini sl class.

I haven’t had mine long, but it does seem to do tc just fine. Another single battery I have is the colossal but the sl has better battery life imo.

Also love my minikin v2s, no problem with them, but the LV Paranormals are my faves because of that replay.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Have you watched DJLsb's review about tc on the mod? He has some interesting info and things to say about tc on the mod, but he also aren't impressed with the tc function. Its a damn pity. I really love this thing, but i'm all about tc...:cry:
Compare the TC on a Minikin V2 to a DNA device, night and day. ;)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I haven’t had mine long, but it does seem to do tc just fine. Another single battery I have is the colossal but the sl has better battery life imo.

Also love my minikin v2s, no problem with them, but the LV Paranormals are my faves because of that replay.
Replay is the bomb! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread