Best VV Mod??

Status
Not open for further replies.

metallicafan2633

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Rochester, NY, USA
hey everyone

looking to upgrade soon from just a couple of 650 mah ego batteries to a nice VV mod. price is an issue, but im not really sure what my range is... so dont take that into consideration while making recommendations. Just let me know what mod (or mods) work best for you and why!

as a side note, ive never used an atty, i only use tanks. let me know what you use on your mod and what you like about it. i use the mini vivi nova on the 650 mah egos, would probably use a regular vivi nova or a kanger pro on a VV mod.

thanks for all your help!

PS... pictures are encouraged ;)

dherrington

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Houston, TX
I use the Vision Spinner, though I recently purchased a Vamo 2 for something a little fancier. I am quite happy with the spinner. It has got a long battery life that carries me through the day, and the adjustable dial on the bottom makes it easy to set the voltage for your carto or tank. If you don't want to take the step up to something more elaborate, I would recommend it. It is also a nice size and easy to carry around. I intend to keep using mine when I go to work. The Vamo is considerably larger.

Horus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
PS... pictures are encouraged ;)

I mainly use a provari v2.5 and a pro v2 carto tank with boge LR standards w a double self punch this is literally the smoothest vape i've had and i love the tank because it has a flush skirt and is designed for the provari, fights tight so no worry of sliding off the carto either.
if you go with this setup you WON'T be disappointed and you will save money in the end by not having to buy cheaper mods and having them break or something... my friend got a lava tube a week ago (not trying to disrespect the lava tube, just saying this experience) and today it broke... the wire connection to the 510 snapped off, needless to say he was ....... I think they run about 80-90 bucks, for 159 he could've gotten a provari, now he must spend another 80-90 for another or even more for something else. here's a pic of my setup as requested photo(24).jpg

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Me I love my Vamo. Its a good device, it feels good in my hand like it's a solid build, best of all once you have the batts and charger it's cheap to replace if you do something stupid to it. Now this is my opinion and there might even be better out there, I am just one man, or slipper if you are more familiar with my previous avatar.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
Actually all the device mentioned are good, Spinner is an ego style with a dial, Provari is VV, VAMO is VV/VW, and the Sig Zmax is also VV/VW. I have the Spinner, Sigelei Zmax, and VAMO, and they all work very well for me. Got the money set aside for a Provari, but just can't bring myself to spend it.

Just remember that whatever you buy, don't over tighten the juice delivery system, (tank, clearo,) and you shouldn't have a problem with wires snapping off.

metallicafan2633

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Rochester, NY, USA
I use the Vision Spinner, though I recently purchased a Vamo 2 for something a little fancier. I am quite happy with the spinner. It has got a long battery life that carries me through the day, and the adjustable dial on the bottom makes it easy to set the voltage for your carto or tank. If you don't want to take the step up to something more elaborate, I would recommend it. It is also a nice size and easy to carry around. I intend to keep using mine when I go to work. The Vamo is considerably larger.

thanks for the suggestion, ive had a lot of people suggest the spinner. it seems like a really nice device, similar to the ego twist. the only thing is that i feel like ill want to upgrade further once i get used to the spinner, so im not sure if i want to spend the extra money and get something nicer from the start. thanks for the help!

Haber

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2013
BC Canada
I have an Evic at the moment and it works great with its VV/VW settings. Only complaint is I've gotten into rebuildables and the 2.5 amp limit hinders going with low ohm coils. Vamo is a great choice as everyone seems to love them as well. Provari is probably one of the best options for quality and durability plus it has a 3.5 amp limit. Been looking at upgrading to one in the future. In the end it comes to budget and personal preference as there are quite a few great mods out there.

metallicafan2633

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Rochester, NY, USA
Actually all the device mentioned are good, Spinner is an ego style with a dial, Provari is VV, VAMO is VV/VW, and the Sig Zmax is also VV/VW. I have the Spinner, Sigelei Zmax, and VAMO, and they all work very well for me. Got the money set aside for a Provari, but just can't bring myself to spend it.

Just remember that whatever you buy, don't over tighten the juice delivery system, (tank, clearo,) and you shouldn't have a problem with wires snapping off.

ill probably look into the vamo v2 a bit more... would it be less expensive to buy a starter kit than it would to buy the mod, batteries, and chargers separate?

thanks to everyone for the suggestions

Tebo

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Kelowna British Columbia
Provari. The best VV mod ever. The best mod ever. However, It is well worth saving up for, as once you get it, once you hold it, once you dial your voltage in and vape, you will understand.

Sadly I'm learning the hard way this is true. 3 days after owning my first mod and it performs worse than a ego c twist... was gonna get a provari, but this mod was a lot cheaper... the mistakes we make to learn!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I have an Evic at the moment and it works great with its VV/VW settings. Only complaint is I've gotten into rebuildables and the 2.5 amp limit hinders going with low ohm coils. Vamo is a great choice as everyone seems to love them as well. Provari is probably one of the best options for quality and durability plus it has a 3.5 amp limit. Been looking at upgrading to one in the future. In the end it comes to budget and personal preference as there are quit only e a few great mods out there.

Disappointing that the eVic only has a 2.5 amp switch. The Vamo has a 5 amp switch. There is NO reason to put these weak switchs on these APV's as the cost difference is almost non-exsistent. It's why I don't recommend ego's, twists, spinners, etc. There is no reason to limit (to that extent) what you can use on a PV.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
ill probably look into the vamo v2 a bit more... would it be less expensive to buy a starter kit than it would to buy the mod, batteries, and chargers separate?

thanks to everyone for the suggestions

Unless the kit comes with either AW or Efest batteries, I would buy separate. Since CCV has free shipping, you can get EFest batteries there at a good cost and not incur an extra shipping charge. Exhalevapor has the Vamo for $39, so your complete cost would be about $72. Vamo is the best "bang for the buck" APV on the market.

Just remember to use it in RMS (N02) mode and adjust watts.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Grab the iTaste MVP from Ivape using the provided coupon code for $55 and free shipping! Battery and charger included, plus comes with 2 iclear16 clearomizers for under $60. The charge will last at least 2 full days, with vv from 3.3-5 volts.

For a starter vv setup, it's a steal! A Vision Starter kit will cost around $69.

This is a great (and fantastically reviewed) VV setup, with lots of features that won't confuse us newer vapers.

Tebo

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Kelowna British Columbia
Grab the iTaste MVP from Ivape using the provided coupon code for $55 and free shipping! Battery and charger included, plus comes with 2 iclear16 clearomizers for under $60. The charge will last at least 2 full days, with vv from 3.3-5 volts.

For a starter vv setup, it's a steal! A Vision Starter kit will cost around $69.

This is a great (and fantastically reviewed) VV setup, with lots of features that won't confuse us newer vapers.

I wouldn't recommend this. I just got the SVD which is stronger than the MVP & the Ego C Twist is much much much stronger.

An Ego C Twist at 4 volts, gives a much stronger throat hit than a SVD at 4.1 volts with 8.5 watts. 2 Ego twists with charger is about 69 dollars also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread