Best VV Mod??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clearo-Mizer

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2013
Woodstock Ga
Vamo.....and Vamo....look up GrimGreens review on youtube...or pbusardo's review....i have 2a of them and could not be happier...i have vaped them side by side with the provari and meh...not alot of difference..(fanbois commence flaming)...seriously bro...there is not 150 bucks of "better" in the provari...

Here is the deal...the one button menu on the provari makes it useless to me...who wants to click a button 8 times just to bump up the voltage 1 volt?
..not this guy...the vamo has the menu set up right one button up voltage...one button down voltage...one button press and hold gets you ohm checker...one button press and hold gets battery power remaining
Untill provape makes a 3 button menu system ....i will prefer the vamo any day

Last edited:

bilbobaggins30

Vapin' Hobbit
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
The Shire
The SVD is really weak. If mods are as strong as the SVD, I don't understand why ppl buy them.. Ego C Twists are a lot stronger.
Just do some digging on the provari then. I swear to you, this thing has been shot through a lawn mower, ran over, dropped repeatedly on concrete, thrown from a flight of stairs, and it lives to tell the tale. You can't beat durability and reliability on a provari!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Based on price point Vamo or MVP
Overall build quality closest to indestructible VV you can get - Provari

I own both, Provari goes out with me (much more durable), Vamo stays home.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I take my Vamo everywhere and have dropped it more times than I can remember. Still going strong.

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Cincinnati
Sorry, but this statement is far beyond logic, rationality and bias free evaluation!!!

The joose device is the key to vapor production, not the PV (aka battery holder).

These kinds of arguments are precisely why I quit posting and just vape quietly by myself now...
2 VAMOs and 3 Provaris here.... And I'd only bet my life on one device working every time for year after year. Made in USA, worth EVERY CENT.

bilbobaggins30

Vapin' Hobbit
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
The Shire
Sorry, but this statement is far beyond logic, rationality and bias free evaluation!!!

The joose device is the key to vapor production, not the PV (aka battery holder).

Not entirely. If you set it for 4.5v, and what you get is 4.3, then that can be to blame for poor vapor, since attys and cartos can be very, very finicky at different settings. With the provari, what you dial it at, is literally what you get, no jitter, nothing. Even when the battery is 2 15 second puffs away from death, you will still get what you set it to, until the battery dies. So, the PV is a big player. Even then, the provari maintains a flat voltage wave when firing, vs chinese devices which do not hold up. You have to vape on a provari to understand what we are talking about.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
This has got to be one of the stupidest & most ignorant statements I've ever seen posted in any forum.

You're free to express your opinion, as I did. But the fact is that a PV, whether it be uncontrolled (i.e. original eGo batts/mechanical PVs) or VV/VW controlled, only delivers a voltage level to a coil(s) within a joose device. Nuttin' more nor less. For for any given voltage, it's the joose device config/ohmage/cleanliness and the actual joose that determines the amount of vapor, not the PV!

Enjoy your Provari!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Vamo.....and Vamo....look up GrimGreens review on youtube...or pbusardo's review....i have 2a of them and could not be happier...i have vaped them side by side with the provari and meh...not alot of difference..(fanbois commence flaming)...seriously bro...there is not 150 bucks of "better" in the provari...

Here is the deal...the one button menu on the provari makes it useless to me...who wants to click a button 8 times just to bump up the voltage 1 volt?
..not this guy...the vamo has the menu set up right one button up voltage...one button down voltage...one button press and hold gets you ohm checker...one button press and hold gets battery power remaining
Untill provape makes a 3 button menu system ....i will prefer the vamo any day
You've obviously never operated or used a Provari or you would not make such statements. You don't need to click the button 8 times to adjust voltage. Regardless, many people do prefer a single button control. Less chance to accidentally change the voltage with one button, less chance for additional parts to dysfunction or break. It takes most people only 5 minutes to learn a single button format.

And most Provari owners have more confidence in a product that is better made to last and will have lifetime support for their product. You won't get that with a Vamo. Go ahead and buy that less expensive Vamo....again....and again. By the time you buy 3 - 4 of them over time you'll ask yourself why didn't you just spend the money on a Provar from the start. I read about it all the time.

Last edited:

Clearo-Mizer

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2013
Woodstock Ga
A vamo vs provari feud is un nessasary....the OP stated he was on a budget ...the provati is 200 bucks the vamo is at worst 50...the fact the vamo is even competing at all against the highest price vv devise on the market speaks well for the vamo..

Heck man i guess you could reverse that as an argument against the provari..there is no question about the quality of the provari..its top shelve pv for sure..i just cant recomend purly based on the one button menu.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A vamo vs provari feud is un nessasary....the OP stated he was on a budget ...the provati is 200 bucks the vamo is at worst 50...the fact the vamo is even competing at all against the highest price vv devise on the market speaks well for the vamo..

Heck man i guess you could reverse that as an argument against the provari..there is no question about the quality of the provari..its top shelve pv for sure..i just cant recomend purly based on the one button menu.
Thread title plainly states "best V-V mod". That be the Provari.

"looking to upgrade soon from just a couple of 650 mah ego batteries to a nice VV mod. price is an issue, but im not really sure what my range is... so dont take that into consideration while making recommendations. Just let me know what mod (or mods) work best for you and why!"

No feud intended. I was only countering your opinion with my own. Let's both have a vape. :vapor:

Last edited:

Clearo-Mizer

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2013
Woodstock Ga
Bad...my post stated i have vaped them side by side...on multiple occasions ...with the same rba...

From the start...how many "clicks" does it take to bump your voltage?...better yet...say you just put a new devise on...how many clicks to first check the ohms...then adjust one volt up?

I can tell you its more than 8...the vamo..1 press to check ohm..1 click to up volt.....i use mine almost every day and never have a problem acidently pushing a button.

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Cincinnati
For the LAST time. A blem Provari is $140 shipped. And don't give me crap about batts and charger because they are also needed for the VAMO. You are making yourselves look uninformed when you say it costs $200...

Plus, the OP did say he was on a budget, but wanted opinions on the "best" regardless of price. So many anti-Provari vigilantes trying to "protect" new vapers from the top of the line product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread