Best VV Mod??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Cincinnati
My biggest seller was the fry from some wild tiawan reefs...the male was incredible

I had a wild caught electric blue ahli male that was the prettiest most vivid fish I ever saw. Got him for $20 because the other fish in the store beat him up and chewed off most of his fins. Nursed him back over 6 months and he exploded with color and was actually a pretty friendly pet.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The only cichlids I ever kept were oscars. Pretty intelligent fish, they can recognize who feeds them from other viewers.

I raised Betta's or Siamese Fighting Fish as a teenager. Kept salt water fish and invertebrae back in the 80's before the wet-dry biofilters became popular. Even had an octopus in a tank for a while. A girlfriend named him Scrotum Head. :laugh:

I haven't kept tanks since my divorce 10 years ago. I miss them, they were very relaxing. I spent money on aquarium stuff then like I do now with vape gear. Can't afford both.

Hiding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
The only cichlids I ever kept were oscars. Pretty intelligent fish, they can recognize who feeds them from other viewers.

I raised Betta's or Siamese Fighting Fish as a teenager. Kept salt water fish and invertebrae back in the 80's before the wet-dry biofilters became popular. Even had an octopus in a tank for a while. A girlfriend named him Scrotum Head. :laugh:

I haven't kept tanks since my divorce 10 years ago. I miss them, they were very relaxing. I spent money on aquarium stuff then like I do now with vape gear. Can't afford both.

I can't afford either.. but still spend on both.

My angels recognize certain people as well. They know I am the giver of food. They head for cover as soon as they see my nephew walk into the room with the tank. They are indifferent to the dog, that likes to hang out and watch them.

/On topic/
Vamo is a great step up from the twist/spinner end of things.

Sector000

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
California
say you just put a new devise on...how many clicks to first check the ohms...then adjust one volt up?

I can tell you its more than 8...the vamo..1 press to check ohm..1 click to up volt.....i use mine almost every day and never have a problem acidently pushing a button.

I don't think it even makes sense to adjust volts when you have watts. On a VW device, the VV mode is primitive and redundant.

Anyway, to answer your (rhetorical) question, here's how to get started. Just a few easy steps...

ProVari:
  1. Attach atty.
  2. Check resistance: CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK (13 times).
  3. Wait 2 seconds
  4. Note coil resistence.
  5. If you happen to prefer about 8W, you can add 2 to the coil resistance to get a rough estimate of the target voltage. Or, for better precision, evaluate this expression: V = sqrt(W*R)
  6. Enter Voltage Up/Down mode: CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK (5 or 7 times, depending on whether you need to adjust up or down).
  7. Wait 2 seconds.
  8. Increase voltage: CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK ... until target voltage is displayed. If you overshoot, CLICK CLICK CLICK ...
  9. Wait 4 seconds.
  10. Vape.

A VW device:
  • Attach atty.
  • Vape.

On a Vamo, you may want to click DOWN, confirm your settings, and then UP to undo the previous DOWN. On an eVic, a Darwin, or any DNA 20D device, it's even better. Everything is already on the screen. No clicking at all unless you want to fine tune for taste.

Ace7111

Nov 12, 2012
Colorado
vacation 014.jpg
Here are my MODS.From left to right.
#1 Lava Tube mini vv $35.00
#2 X6 vv 3 settings $20.00
#3 Knight vv stacked 18350s $30.00
#4 EGO vv $25.00
#5 EGO TWIST vv $24.00
#6 V8 BOX vv $20.00
#7 Sigelei ZMAX vv vw $109.00 [ bought as kit]
#8 ANYVAPE CVI vv vw $51.00
#9 VAMO vv vw $36.00
#10 EVIC vv vw $104.00 [bought as kit]
#11 SMOK ZMAX vv vw $95.00

I enjoy all my MODS some more than others but you get what you pay for. As u can see from my photo I really like kanger mt3. They are awesome clearos and work like a champ when the coils are good.When they start leaking it drives me crazy. I have tried to rebuild the coils but haven't had any luck in rebuilding them yet so I just buy new ones.I also have cardo tanks, RBA's, VIVI's, and a bunch of stardusts and the such. If you are ready to move up to the MOD world you need to chose what fits your budget amount and look for the best deal. Just remember you might need a charger and batteries too .

Draconian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
San Antonio
Although they seem to hate me personally, you can't beat the VAMO.
Don't tighten things down too tight on them - and watch NOVA tanks as they can destroy the center pin washer.

Honestly - for your upgrade - there is no question for the money.
Otherwise - a Smok ZMAZ - vaping one now - a little more money - and, well - it doesn't hate me much yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread