Best way to mod a bottle for a bottom feeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I posted this one the Liquid feed APV forum, got 82 views and no responses.
I have a brand new VV Bogger Boxmod. I purchased the exact same 8ml nalgene bottles he uses, along with correctly sized silicone tubing. What is the best way to mod the bottle for use? I want to be able to slip my bottles off fom the feeding tube, and just slip another bottle on. I'd like to just cap the bottles when I'm not using them. The bottles that came with it are really difficult to get back onto the tube. Any ideas?

jimbalny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
From the website of the mod you mentioned, seems as though a hole is drilled through the cap that you screw on and the tubing is inserted through that. I wasn't very fond of the clear tubing that comes with my reo grand bottles (the tubing would yellow over time) so I decided it was cheap enough to find the bottles, get a bunch of my own PharMed tubing and viton o-rings and for around $30 have a lifetime supply of feed bottles. Here's a pic of the bottles used in the Grip mod, should give you a good idea of what to do:

100_0737.jpg

I'm not familiar with the bogger box mod, but I know with my grand what I do is pull out the tube from the bottle a little bit and bend the tube with my finger and put it on the feeder tube in the mod like that. Then just put the bottle side in and the tubing will slide back into the bottle at the proper length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread