Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I hear there is a Sloth Fest going down in SF on August 27th... just sayin'...
o_O???

Googled it...:w00t:

"...we must bring you the biggest, most outrageously slothtastic Sloth Festival the world has ever seen…and we can only accomplish this by taking a cue from our dear friend the sloth, and doing it slowly: these things cannot be rushed."

:w00t:

#slothadelic :thumbs:

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Remind me again... is SS about 3x the weight of aluminum? Stainless sounds really nice, because as Papa mentioned, I am a shrouder, but I feel like the weight might be a limiting factor for me. Certainly not for those who regularly use brass or copper, of course.

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
:censored:...Me too if there's another available! I'll get you the small parts list to ship with it if that works for you Corey. Guess that new kegerator is going to have to wait...:oops:

I've got you down, buddy! :)

These things are goin' like flapjacks!!! :w00t:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Gotchu down!!! :thumbs:
You got Beck down too? It looks like he hasn't seen the your post yet, 'cause I'm rather confident he'll want one. I mean he's the one who requested stainless initially, right?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Remind me again... is SS about 3x the weight of aluminum? Stainless sounds really nice, because as Papa mentioned, I am a shrouder, but I feel like the weight might be a limiting factor for me. Certainly not for those who regularly use brass or copper, of course.
It should be just a bit lighter than brass or copper, but not a whole lot.

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
You got Beck down too? It looks like he hasn't seen the your post yet, 'cause I'm rather confident he'll want one. I mean he's the one who requested stainless initially, right?

I do have one set aside for our dear friend, Mr Beck. :)

Spot on, with the weight analysis, too! :thumb:

btobw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
And I assume one SS set aside for me too?
biggrin1.gif

The mod that made me fall in love with beautifully finished SS - still in use every single day after 2.5+ years:
GiKZWS0l.jpg

btobw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Oh - the body of that GP Paps-X in the pic is brushed. The light may make it look polished. That was the original pic when brand new, but it doesn't look much different today :D

The AFC ring is polished and has very light scratches from being thrown into handbags and pockets for years. So I bought a shiny new ring. Then I realised I would continue to throw the Paps-X into handbags and pockets, and I would then have TWO lightly scratched AFC rings.

Three year anniversary in late June. A SS CC - what an anniversary present!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Oh - the body of that GP Paps-X in the pic is brushed. The light may make it look polished. That was the original pic when brand new, but it doesn't look much different today :D

The AFC ring is polished and has very light scratches from being thrown into handbags and pockets for years. So I bought a shiny new ring. Then I realised I would continue to throw the Paps-X into handbags and pockets, and I would then have TWO lightly scratched AFC rings.

Three year anniversary in late June. A SS CC - what an anniversary present!
Huge congrats for a huge accomplishment! Late June will be my 2nd :thumb:

btobw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Huge congrats for a huge accomplishment! Late June will be my 2nd :thumb:

Thank you - and congratulations to you too! I smoked every single day for over 40 years - even in hospital (in my day, the maternity room had a smoking room across the corridor; hard to believe now!). I never intended to stop smoking - it just happened.

I got to my 60s and assumed I would die with a rollie in my hand (and possibly chewing on nicorette gum at the same time). Then I decided to see if vaping would help me cut down a little. You can't buy liquids with nicotine in Australia, so I had to wait for it to arrive from the US. Once I had the nicotine, I mixed up some liquid and thought I would give it a go (ego-c with stardust clearomiser). I simply never smoked again. I still have the half-used pouch of tobacco in the back of a cupboard; I might throw it out as part of the three-year celebration :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread