Big baby rba #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
So i've made a thread before when i first started to use this rba base,ever since then i've loved the flavor you get from rebuildables compared to drop in coils. I've been searching and checking what kind i'd prefer still (rta,rdta or squonker) but in the meantime i've gotten some clapton wire (24+32 GA, 0.6 each at about 2mm) to rebuild my rba base as my other coils were charcoal pretty much now (cleaned them once but still). After doing everything (building,checking hotspots heating evenly and such) coils come out at about .2 - .26 and i'm using em at 60 watts right now which produces a great and just warm enough vape.

Question is : anything i should look out for except leaks ? Pretty sure everything is okay and the flavor is AMAZING,but i still wanna stay on the safe side and wondering what kind of wattage should i use claptop wire at ?

Reactions: Letitia

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Amazing! I finally got the time and the nerve over the weekend to pull out my Beast RBA after fooling around with the Joyetech CLR. You must have read my mind. Hurricane Nate spoiled weekend plans so...

I used the same pre-wrapped SS Clapton 26g/36g 2mm coils that I fit in the CLR head. They come out at 0.40 Ohms each s a pair comes in at 0.20-ish. It took me a while yesterday (I've only got one good hand) but once the were in, cleaned and wicked ... Wow. Lungs full of OMG good vapor. What took me so long?

I almost never go above 40 Watts. Mainly because most of my devices are single 18650's and I like battery life. I swapped the tank to one of my two-cell devices and... I didn't get a warning hit until 73 Watts.

The only drawback is the small size of the deck. I use to wrap and wick Protank II coils before this hand thing started, so small size doesn't faze me. Wrangling two compact coils in a 15-ish millimeter deck is a challenge. That's true for all RBA kits for tanks that take stock coils, though. Toptank RBA, you're next. :D

No leaks, but I made sure the wick tails were well tucked. Just like wicking the micros for the PT II, wicking is everything.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Amazing! I finally got the time and the nerve over the weekend to pull out my Beast RBA after fooling around with the Joyetech CLR. You must have read my mind. Hurricane Nate spoiled weekend plans so...

I used the same pre-wrapped SS Clapton 26g/36g 2mm coils that I fit in the CLR head. They come out at 0.40 Ohms each s a pair comes in at 0.20-ish. It took me a while yesterday (I've only got one good hand) but once the were in, cleaned and wicked ... Wow. Lungs full of OMG good vapor. What took me so long?

I almost never go above 40 Watts. Mainly because most of my devices are single 18650's and I like battery life. I swapped the tank to one of my two-cell devices and... I didn't get a warning hit until 73 Watts.

The only drawback is the small size of the deck. I use to wrap and wick Protank II coils before this hand thing started, so small size doesn't faze me. Wrangling two compact coils in a 15-ish millimeter deck is a challenge. That's true for all RBA kits for tanks that take stock coils, though. Toptank RBA, you're next. :D

No leaks, but I made sure the wick tails were well tucked. Just like wicking the micros for the PT II, wicking is everything.
Yeah the big baby rba is a pretty small deck tbh but thank god i've got 2 hands to hang on.
For leaks i still get the occasionnal one if i pull on too hard,which for the most part has been fixed with a tiny trick:
When you wick it,put the cap over the deck before juicing it that way the wicks seem to block the holes better and prevent most leaks. No idea if it's really a thing but i've never had issues doing so (ofc if the wick is thicker than usual like what i did today,juicing helps to even put the cap back on lolz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread