The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Bike riders?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by fuzzyface83, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. fuzzyface83

fuzzyface83 Full Member

Sep 17, 2010
    New Jersey
    I was a smoker for a long time and last June I started riding bikes again mainly singletrack. At the time I was still smoking and having trouble with keeping up my pace and climbing hills. Since I've started vaping my pace and climbing have greatly improved. I still do not vape just before a ride but overall my breathing has been 10x better. Has anyone else noticed a difference like I have while doing sports?

2. Suicidebob

Suicidebob Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    I noticed better breathing- only been clean for a month and just switched to vaping last week. Lets just say, I'm making that conversion of coughing up tar and all that great 'yummy' stuff.

I'm still pretty young, 24. I feel pretty good in running (used to do weight training and squat lifting in high school and looking to get back into it)

One thing I have noticed is how I sleep. I don't feel like I'm going to die after smoking 4 cigarettes.

3. bmwjen

bmwjen Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    worldwide
    Besides being a Registered Nurse, i'm also a Zumba instructor and Personal trainer. I DEFINITELY notice a difference while teaching my 1 hour Zumba classes!!! I feel phenominal!!!

4. orion1974

orion1974 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Philippines
    I feel the same way,

I started vaping a little over a week or so now, and I did feel some mild chest tightness and mild wheezing before I started vaping.

About a couple of days later I did notice I could breathe better, my lung capacity was much better than before, and my appetitite started to pick up a bit more too.

I could ride my bike around the neighborhood pretty fine and pedal up the hilly streets with no problems before vaping, but after I started vaping; I feel a whole lot more energetic minus the carbon monoxide and other stuff related to the analogs we all used to put in our lungs.

Hope this helps.

5. francis_a

francis_a Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2011
    The Granite State
    Fuzzyface83:
    I definitely felt that my lungs function much better after switching to vaping.
    Granted that I haven't been to the trails yet (mud season) but felt the difference riding on the road.
    I did a 20mi ride last week (ok it's not much) without a single stop and this is on varying grades.

Can't wait to hit the trails to feel the difference of having some of my lung functions back.

Keep ridin'

Edit: whereabouts in NJ you from? My son and I went to Allaire and Hartshorne/Huber Woods last year. Can't wait to ride them again. Great trail systems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.