Billow V2, Kanger STM, or OBS T-VCT???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tickles

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Hey guys,

So i just got an istick 50w and want to upgrade my kfl+v2, but i dont know which of the three i should get!

i chose them based on quality and features i like. but im tired of fiddling with my kfl to wick properly so want something thats not finicky and more reliable. i also like to m2l hit, so not sure if one of these is better for that or not. Also, im a flavor chaser, so want them most flavor.

im thinking a sub ohm tank would be ideal since i want something simple, but if that billow 2 isnt hard to wick and easier to build i dont mind.

So out of these three, which do you think i should get??

Thanks

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Billow v2. It's current the best RTA on the market and at the price point it's to good to pass up. Extremely easy to build on (dual coil), even easier to wick (there's notches for the wicking), you can build/wick without draining the tank, filling is easy. The flavor and vapor production is superb and I've taken the tank over 60 watts with not a single issue or dry hit. It's got great capacity (5ml) and the build quality is top notch. As far as the competitors the Billow v2 beats all the sub tanks in every category. If you're undecided just grab the v2, you won't be disappointed and at 34.99 you can't go wrong. Take a look at any review and you'll hear nothing but good things, many reviewers have even said no cons.

EDIT: As far as wicking, I will go as far to say it's easier to wick than an RDA, you cut the wicking, soak it with juice and push it into the groves and you're done.

Reactions: Mad Scientist

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
The Billow V2 is totally worth the time it takes to build a couple of coils. As long as you know what wire to use, how many wraps etc. It isn't any more difficult to build on as any other RTA's. Plenty of airflow, plenty. Wickings easy enough as long as you don't try to jam too much into the coil. I like it nice and loose, wicks just fine. I get tonnes of flavour and vapour out of this thing at 45 watts on a box mod.

I've got 2 Subtank Minis. They're nothing compared to the dual coils of the Billow V2. I haven't used an OBS T-VTC so i can't comment.

The Billow is typical of a dual coil RTA. It chucks out giant clouds of vapour and plenty of flavour. Building the 2 coils is a bit fiddly i'll admit that, the part that annoys me the most is fixing in the second coil when the first is quite simply in the way but i always have that problem so par for the course really. Apart from that though, absolutely perfect RTA. No leaking, easy to fill without emptying the tank, loads of airflow, it's just a great RTA at a great price too i might add.

It really depends what you want it to do. I spent £120 on an Authentic Kayfun V4 knowing it wouldn't perform any better than a Protank II. I bought it because of the build quality.

When it comes to lung hitting with an RTA though it's a whole other ball game.

I'm loving the Billow V2. If it's mouth to lung you're after then the Billow V2 or STM isn't what you're looking for, i don't know about the other one you mentioned. Just to reiterate, if you're having trouble with your KFL try less cotton in the coil. When you insert it into the coil it has to just slide in. If you find you have to twist it in and it's tight then start again with less cotton. If' it's too tight the juice won't flow. Even with a coil which has a inner diamter of 2mm i only cut a strip of cotton a couple of mil wide.

Last edited:

Hdivr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Rolla MO
I have the Subtank which I do love. Unfortunately, I'm running in with the 1.2 coil on a Istick 20 at 15 watts.....nice, airy, etc. But I also run a .6 single coil on an older Lemo on a SMPL mod. Definitely better flavor, quiet, and my preferred setup at the moment.

I've heard good reviews on the Billow V2, but I can definitely see how it would DOUBLE my juice consumption.

The Billow is a dual coil tank. I don't think "low watts" would be very good. Heck, my Subtank doesn't really shine unless I put the .5 coil on my mech (equal to around 35 watts).

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I use a STM at 25 watts, is that low, i don't know, not really but depends how you want to look at it. I'm not sure if anyone uses something like a Billow v2 in the low wattage range. If they did then you get a lot less vapour. It seems to me that more vapour produced increases flavour. The STM does produce a fair amount of vapour and the flavour is pretty good. You can also use the STM for mouth to lung if you use the smallest air hole. So in that respect, plus an easy to build RBA deck, the STM is quite versatile. People using the OCC coil heads in the STM seem pretty happy with that though the juice holes are halfway up the tank and i don't know how they cope when the juice goes below them, seems stupid but people like them all the same.
The Billow V2 is really for much bigger clouds. Again you can close the air holes and mouth to lung but what is the point of that when you're using 2 coils ?. Ideally the Billow v2 is for cloud chasing, the flavour is amazing too.

So, if it is mouth to lung you're looking for then the Subtank Mini could do that i suppose, it's not ideal, it's not a bad tank and it is quite popular. The flavour is good.

I have kind of moved on from the STM's. I still have 1 sitting on a Vamo V7 but it does get ignored in favour of my Goliath, Billow V2 and zephyrus.

Last edited:

Tickles

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Well im thinking ill forsake the stm then in favor of the obs having close to or better flavour with way more features than the stm and the billow v2s apparent superiority to all tanks.

But now I wonder what the best fit would be for me, the tvct or the billow v2?

I like that the obs has top fill and I can use premade coils if I want. Also that I can get a good vape at lower ohms. But it seems that the billow v2 has better flavor. So im not sure.

Evan le'garde, you said u like the zephyrus. Thats similar to the other subtanks right? Why dobu like it so much? Equal to the billow v2?

Thanks

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Another vote for billow v2. I have the STM also. No question the STM is a great tank and super easy to build (although I hate the look of the big exposed o-rings), but the extra few minutes to build the b2 is well worth it.

Versatility in terms of wattage and flavor versus clouds is a function of your build and where you set the airflow. For lower wattage mouth to lung, smaller diameter coils with thinner wire and restricted airflow adjustment will fill the bill. For clouds, larger diameter coils with thicker wire and open airflow. For flavor, less airflow. B2 airflow is completely adjustable so just set it where you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread