RTA confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flavoor

Dec 22, 2017
Republic of Croatia
Hi guys,
I just got my siren v2 by digiflavor and i installed the premade coil and wicked it. Everything is ok even though flavor is little underwhelming ( i probably fuc**d up something with wick ) and im interested in wattage...i really have no clue at which wattage i should vape at which ohms... premade coils are 1.0 ohm and i saw on utube that guy vapes it at 17 W so im sticking with it until i understand everything... Please help im total noob... Also does anyone know which gauge and diameter spectre is good for this coil if i'm aiming at flavor? Sorry if missed the thread section and for butchering english...
Thank you in advance ❤

Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
My Best Advise regarding wattage is it Doesn't Matter what someone else likes with their e-Liquids, it's All About what You Like with Your e-Liquids.

And the Easiest Way to Find what You Like is to start with a Low Wattage. And then Slowly Increase the Wattage until it Tastes the Best.

It's kinda like Listening to Music. You wouldn't ask people How Loud you should listen to Music. And you wouldn't Randomly play music at different Levels.

You turn the Volume Knob down and then when the Music Starts, Increase the Volume until it sounds good.

And some Music sounds better Loud. And some Music is more enjoyable when played a little Softer.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
My Best Advise regarding wattage is it Doesn't Matter what someone else likes with their e-Liquids, it's All About what You Like with Your e-Liquids.

And the Easiest Way to Find what You Like is to start with a Low Wattage. And then Slowly Increase the Wattage until it Tastes the Best.

It's kinda like Listening to Music. You wouldn't ask people How Loud you should listen to Music. And you wouldn't Randomly play music at different Levels.

You turn the Volume Knob down and then when the Music Starts, Increase the Volume until it sounds good.

And some Music sounds better Loud. And some Music is more enjoyable when played a little Softer.
Well put, your music volume analogy works perfect.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Flavoor wrote: Hi guys,
I just got my siren v2 by digiflavor and i installed the premade coil and wicked it. Everything is ok even though flavor is little underwhelming ( i probably fuc**d up something with wick ) and im interested in wattage...i really have no clue at which wattage i should vape at which ohms... premade coils are 1.0 ohm and i saw on utube that guy vapes it at 17 W so im sticking with it until i understand everything... Please help im total noob... Also does anyone know which gauge and diameter spectre is good for this coil if i'm aiming at flavor? Sorry if missed the thread section and for butchering english...
Thank you in advance ❤

I vaped 2 ohm coils at 10W and 1 ohm coils at 10W years ago. These days I'm at .5 and .8 ohms and still vaping at 10 to 12 watts. It's all about where the sweet spot on flavor and vaper lies for you. Experimentation will yield the sweet spot for the OP. If it's too hot or tasting burnt, lower the wattage. If it's week on flavor and vapor, raise the wattage.

The wattage algorithm in the mod's logic calculates the voltage to be applied to the coil, so no matter what you are vaping, the same wattage should theoretically produce the same heat level to boil the juice.

Wicking is where success lies. The coil that came with the tank is probably fine. Cotton or Rayon needs to be snug in the coil to the point where you need to twist and pull at the same time to get the wick to slide through the coil. Too loose and you'll get hot spots the burn the juice and ruin the vapor. When you finally get the wick through the coil, pull it back and forth a little to size the wick inside the coil properly and you'll have a wick that performs well.

On the Siren 2 the coil needs to be very close to the air port below it. Make sure you can see a small space below the coil to ensure that it doesn't short to the deck.

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
coil position and wicking make a huge impact on the flavor of this tank. getting the coil down near the air ports, not touching but close, will intensify the flavor. wicking will depend on the size of your coil, i tossed the coil that came with mine and rolled a .6 26 gauge ss spaced coil on the 2.5mm coilmaster jig. good flavor, no leaking, but i keep my cotton loose in the coil and dont pack the juice holes tight. if you get it too tight when the cotton swells from the juice it will choke the wick and cause weak vapor/ dry hits.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Experimenting with wicks is key here. I vape my Siren V2s around 1.0 resistance, and about 10--14 watts depending on what juices I am using. It does sound like you may need slightly less wicking. Also, your wick is going to have a break in period. I use rayon, I find it fantastic for wicking and flavor, and it's inexpensive. If you decide to go that route, there is a very lengthy thread on Rayon, although you don't have to read it all. Those lovely folks got my wicking problems totally resolved in like, 3 posts. I could never go back to cotton now. Although, rayon plays to my strengths (my desire to overstuff the coil) LOL. Rayon is more forgiving IMO.. The idea of making sure the coil is raised high enough is a good one as well.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread