Black/brown mucus 1 month after smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Your body is getting rid of the tar that collected in your lungs and sinus areas.
Perfectly normal. No telling how long it will last, depends on how much you smoked.
It doesn't happen to everyone, but it's nothing to worry about.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Afternoon everyone or morning/night :lol:
Just a quick question Is black/brown spots in mucus and in snot normal 1 month later after not smoking? I get overly worried about these type of things just want to make sure its nothing out of the ordinary. :)

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Yup, happened to me for a bit. Mine may have lasted a month or so, diminishing over time.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
This happened to me when I completely quit smoking. I blew black tar looking stuff out of my nose...it was weird! Lol it is common though when you quit smoking whether you switch to vaping or not it can happen. It was about a month later after I quit smoking when it happened to me. If you feel nervous about it you can always go see a doctor about it :) Sometimes when we get scared or nervous about something, being examined by a doctor can help put those fears to rest :)

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
This happened to me when I completely quit smoking. I blew black tar looking stuff out of my nose...it was weird! Lol it is common though when you quit smoking whether you switch to vaping or not it can happen. It was about a month later after I quit smoking when it happened to me. If you feel nervous about it you can always go see a doctor about it :) Sometimes when we get scared or nervous about something, being examined by a doctor can help put those fears to rest :)
Yeah, I think I'm just overthinking it honestly I just get worked up over little things. Google just never helps though when the first thing that comes up is Lung cancer :lol:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yeah, I think I'm just overthinking it honestly I just get worked up over little things. Google just never helps though when the first thing that comes up is Lung cancer :lol:

Yeah, the internet is a terrible way to diagnose health issues. You always end up having symptoms of some terminal condition/disease.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US

Lol googling symptoms never works out...lol I have googled symptoms before and by the end of it I am terrified and think I have 2 brain tumors, and 5 other things!! Haha!!!
    I understand getting worked up over little things. I am a nervous and worrisome person, and it does not take much to get me worried! :)

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    Lol googling symptoms never works out...lol I have googled symptoms before and by the end of it I am terrified and think I have 2 brain tumors, and 5 other things!! Haha!!!
    I understand getting worked up over little things. I am a nervous and worrisome person, and it does not take much to get me worried! :)
    LOL my doctor told me not to use Dr. Google.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread