Blank cartridges are in stock, but we want to ask you all something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
I know you've been experimenting with blanks and refilling, how much are you getting into your cartos without flooding? I'd love to hear an expert's thoughts and ideas! What steps are you using?

I put 20 drops from a Dekang or V4L bottle in mine when theyre empty. Less when refilling because residual juice sometimes amounts to more than you expect...I kinda refill by *eye*..watching for the subtle clues im gettin close.

I think you could force in 22, but risk flooding, gurgling, and mouthfulls of the sweet juice were not supposed to drink LOL.

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
I get just about 1ml exactly into a fresh blank cartridge. Even with the twirling method, 1.1ml leaves it too wet, and it has to be blown clear. From what I can tell, the factory fills them with about .8ml. Steve's been trying to get that to 1ml for awhile now.

I've tried just dripping it, the battery end fill, and a syringe. I find the syringe works best, but filling the syringe is a pain, especially from a partly empty bottle. The regular mouth end fill is easiest, but only works consistantly with the twirl, and has to be left to sit overnight without it.

yeah same here, 1ml = 20 drops (this varies somewhat, but thats the standard) and 20 is just about perfect...occasionally you'll have to shake down the last few drops unless you use a syringe

Taryn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Florida
yeah same here, 1ml = 20 drops (this varies somewhat, but thats the standard) and 20 is just about perfect...occasionally you'll have to shake down the last few drops unless you use a syringe

I'm curious to know if you've tried spinning the cartos? Because I love my refills much better when I do, they last considerably longer and never give me a mouthful of juice. I've found in a freshly washed and blown dry carto 30 drops is perfect, going down slightly as the carto ages and the batting shrinks up a bit. And that amount has never flooded my atty.

alexprobb

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Louisville, KY
I get just about 1ml exactly into a fresh blank cartridge. Even with the twirling method, 1.1ml leaves it too wet, and it has to be blown clear. From what I can tell, the factory fills them with about .8ml. Steve's been trying to get that to 1ml for awhile now.

I've tried just dripping it, the battery end fill, and a syringe. I find the syringe works best, but filling the syringe is a pain, especially from a partly empty bottle. The regular mouth end fill is easiest, but only works consistantly with the twirl, and has to be left to sit overnight without it.
Never measured ml's, but with KC/Taryn's method I put in a brand new blank 30 drops (from 5 ml bottle).No waiting needed. I've also noticed-with thicker juice cart vapes longer, but might not last as many cycles.

Last edited:

Taryn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Florida
Thanks Paw! I use spin method also. Perhaps, something happened to my taste buds. I filled new blanks with Coffee and Virginia (high) and taste almost nothing, neither I get a throat hit. Will try different juices.

That could be a sign of overfilling? Did you try blowing out some juice and see if that helps? Just don't blow it too hard or you will empty the carto.

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
That could be a sign of overfilling? Did you try blowing out some juice and see if that helps? Just don't blow it too hard or you will empty the carto.

Right! Also, it makes a difference whether you're using the 5ml or 20 ml bottles.

The 5ml bottles are from the newest batch and exactly match the pre-filled carto flavors. The same can't be said for the 20ml. They seem weak in the flavor department, to me.

alexprobb

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Louisville, KY
That's possible if the blanks have different filler. I put 30 drops in just like I did refilling prefilled. Will see if blowing out the excess makes a difference. Thank you!

alexprobb

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Louisville, KY
"blowing" did help some - more TH, but still weak flavor (I use 5 ml bottle). May be too much nic affects the flavor? What mg equivalent is "high"? Prefilled I compare with was 24mg.
And in this particular carto I put only 20 drops...

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
My suggestion would be to have just basic colors based on popular flavor groups - since it's to help us remember what's in them, right? At least this is how I see myself using colored blanks:

Red (sodas, redbull, etc)
Yellow (liquor, or tobacco flavors)
Green (fruity or tea flavors)
Blue (menthols, cool flavors)
Brown (dessert flavors) gotta have this one!

And Black & White for everything else.

Oh yeah, and I'd just want the V4L logo, not MGs- I don't know about everyone else but I vape one strength all the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread