Bloog Hi-Viz Clearomizers - 1.0 mL and 1.6mL

Status
Not open for further replies.

prometheus

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Pittsburgh PA
When purchasing the Clearomizer on Bloogs's site, is the price listed per unit, or is that a 5-pack? I'm guessing per unit, but just wanted to make sure.

Chances are it is the price for one or else that would be the cheapest price I have seen in the industry for these! Just ordered some and I am expecting to get one for that price... but would love to get 5 Bloog ;) lol. The Bloog pricing for one clearo is pretty standard. As for taste, yes they have a cleaner more pure taste. Some people like this however some people find they like the taste of the carto's better. Its all a matter of taste. And if maintained properly they can last much, much longer. I have been using a 4 pack from another company for 6 months now and they are still going strong. When the vapor or taste diminishes I just rinse out with hot water, Soak in 40 proof+ vodka over night and then leave to towel dry for a few hours and they are as good as new.

Marsai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2011
Marietta NY
Got the 1ml clearos in the mail today. First one a burnt taste. Vapor production excellent.

Then it made a loud popping sound after a long drag and the burning taste got worse. Let it sit for awhile and it won't work at all now.

I'm at work now so I can't try the second one till I get home.

Odd. I would recommend, when using a brand new clearo for the first time, after filling ... drop a single drop into the hole at the bottom. this will get the element wet ... so the first few puffs aren't "dry puffs" The popping noise is normal I believe. you get that on regular cartos too but, its not as pronounced.

As for it not working at all now ... If it just wont work at all, and you havent damaged it in any way, email customer service. Im sure they will hook you up. :)

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
After filling them for the first time, "prime" them:
Before putting them in the battery...
1 - do a couple of gentle pulls through the mouthpiece (just as you would in vaping)
2 - do a small blow through the mouthpiece.

You might see some small bubbles rise through the tank after you do this. That's ok. It means air is getting in to equalize the internal pressure.

For those not used to clearomizers, wicking on them is pressure driven, so they are a bit different from cartos.

Last edited:

vdrummer

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Jersey
Well from the looking at the pics of the 1.6ml Clearo it appears to be the same as the Smoktech CE-5 Clearomizer. It would appear that the atomizer head can be replaced. But I haven't seen one up close yet.

I've been using a CE-5 for several months now. Very happy with the performance overall. I can live with the quirks that come along with using a Clearomizer. One of which when the tank runs down to about 0.8ml you'll start burning if you don't tip it to wet the wick. The other is condensation build up in the mouthpiece (easy remedy is to flip it over, and let the condensation drip out on to a tissue, or paper towel then you're good to go. Also do this before refilling as well so the condensation doesn't flow into your juice). I do give my Clearo a rinsing out once a week (be careful of the o-rings, don't lose them). Never had mine leak. To fill I use a bottle that has a long thin tip.

Bottom line is if the 1.6ml Clearo is the same as the CE-5 you'll have a nice tasty cloud laying vape with less filling, and less hassle.

Just my .02, your vape may vary.

ruready

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Eastpointe, MI
And yes unscrew the top and drip in. However you may find that you need either a bottle with a thin tip or a needle tipped bottle to avoid dripping in the center tube. Just make sure to avoid the center tube and your golden

Thanks for that info, Just got mine and didn't want to fill and screw it up. sometimes the easiest task is the hardest! LOl

MiztrezzLyn

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Central NY
I ordered 5 of these a week ago and my husband and I have been using them. They were working pretty well but both of the ones that we were using are working intermittently. They either won't draw at all or it takes a few puffs and it might work for a half a drag or it works. It makes for a very unsatisfying vape. I was really excited about these but I gotta have dependable vapes!

My question is, do I try to find out if I can send all 5 back for a refund, or ask for replacement for the 2 that I know don't work and hope the other 3 are ok, or am I out of luck because at least 2 of them are opened and have been used for a week? Seems like a huge hassle either way :(

Marsai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2011
Marietta NY
I ordered 5 of these a week ago and my husband and I have been using them. They were working pretty well but both of the ones that we were using are working intermittently. They either won't draw at all or it takes a few puffs and it might work for a half a drag or it works. It makes for a very unsatisfying vape. I was really excited about these but I gotta have dependable vapes!

My question is, do I try to find out if I can send all 5 back for a refund, or ask for replacement for the 2 that I know don't work and hope the other 3 are ok, or am I out of luck because at least 2 of them are opened and have been used for a week? Seems like a huge hassle either way :(

Personally? I would try the other 3 out first. It is my hope that they will work for you. I am sure customer service will replace the bad ones for you. I only got 2 to try out and I must say I was very pleased. I have tried alot of e-cigs that are out there and BY FAR, these new 1.0 ML Clearos are the best vape out there, IMO.

Every Clearomizer out there that has a wick system, sucks IMO. I dont want to have to keep tilting my e-cig every time I get that burnt taste. Hell, I don't want to get that burnt taste at all. I dont really know If BLOOG was the first to Design these 1.0 ML Clearos, But I Havent seen them anywhere else. I love them. I plan on getting Many more.​

MiztrezzLyn

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Central NY
I really liked them too, but if they don't work they don't do me a lot of good. I love Bloog and have been using them now for a long time. Their customer service has always been good to me, I was mostly asking wondering what others thought the protocol should be here for me. I just want working cartomizers, I like the idea of using the tanks and would hope that I can continue using them but I need them to work consistently.

My husband's started leaking, between where the plastic meets the metal cap on the bottom. I just don't want to try the other 3 (open them) and have issues and then have trouble getting ANY of them replaced.

Dram

Feb 23, 2013
United States
I got my 650 and 1.6 clearo a week ago and loving it. No leaking, great vapor with perfect draw but yes I do tilt to keep the full wick wet but I just hold it that way between puffs so not a big deal to me. I only ordered one to make sure I liked it but now I want more. My big concern now is that I want multiple colors to keep flavors straight. :( Oh well, maybe soon. ;)

I really liked them too, but if they don't work they don't do me a lot of good. I love Bloog and have been using them now for a long time. Their customer service has always been good to me, I was mostly asking wondering what others thought the protocol should be here for me. I just want working cartomizers, I like the idea of using the tanks and would hope that I can continue using them but I need them to work consistently.

My husband's started leaking, between where the plastic meets the metal cap on the bottom. I just don't want to try the other 3 (open them) and have issues and then have trouble getting ANY of them replaced.

MiztrezzLyn, I've had quite a few leak BUT I may have found my issue (crossing fingers) me and a few of my customers may have been screwing them down onto the battery too far. I'm thinking that the center tube extends down farther than those of a Cartomizer. Because you could really crank down on the carts. Maybe the battery post pushes the center tube up and forces the blue tank part away from the metal ring that can't go anywhere because its screwed onto the battery??... Dunno. I'm a quality control mgr. so I'm doing root cause analysis every day so I really wanted to figure this out... My current clearo is going on 2 days without leaking, I've been just barely snugging it up on the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread