Blueberry help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Looking for help on how to get blueberry flavor to stand out more. It is a DIY juice. Any help will be greatly appreciated. All flavors are TFA
10% Blueberry
4% Bavarian Cream
4% Vanilla Custard
4% Sweetener
Base 70vg 30pg 1.5 Nic
Thanks
heath54

Hi Heath,
Are you using BB Wild, BB Extra or BB Candy?
Are any of your flavours the "DX" version?
What other flavours do you have in your "arsenal"?
The cream/custard may need a few extra days (weeks?) steep to fully develop and in that time the BB may fade a bit.
IMO:
Mix the BV/VC and let it sit for 10 days.
A mix of BB Wild/BB extra and FlavourArt Bilberry results in a truer/more complete BB profile.
Cut the sweetener in half and consider adding .5% of lemon (water) TFA to add the "pop" to the fruit mix.

What device are you using? Coil type? Power? vaping style?

Cheers
I

Heath54

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2016
Western New York
Hi Heath,
Are you using BB Wild, BB Extra or BB Candy?
Are any of your flavours the "DX" version?
What other flavours do you have in your "arsenal"?
The cream/custard may need a few extra days (weeks?) steep to fully develop and in that time the BB may fade a bit.
IMO:
Mix the BV/VC and let it sit for 10 days.
A mix of BB Wild/BB extra and FlavourArt Bilberry results in a truer/more complete BB profile.
Cut the sweetener in half and consider adding .5% of lemon (water) TFA to add the "pop" to the fruit mix.

What device are you using? Coil type? Power? Vaping style?

Cheers
I
Thanks for the fast reply to my problem.
I am using BB extra.
DX bavarian cream
I have other fruit flavors and many creams.
I guess I may be an old school vaper a to the tank I use. Kanger Protank 2 with a 1.8 coil at 11 watts.
As for power I have a Geekvape Aegis mod.
My vaping style is mouth to lung.
I will let this batch steep a bit, and try a batch with less sweetener then one with less sweethenr and the lemon.
Thanks for all the help. Hope I gave you all the info that you were asking about.
Heath54

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
10% Blueberry
4% Bavarian Cream
4% Vanilla Custard
4% Sweetener
Base 70vg 30pg 1.5 Nic

I'd probably try lowering the % across the board, and like Izan suggested...use a combo for your BB. I might use something like this in a small batch first. Don't forget that with ethyl alcohol in the BW, you'll need to let the mix evaporate it off before vaping it. It's not good for your lungs.

Blueberry Wild - 2-3% (has ethyl alcohol in it, so I use less of it)
Blueberry Extra - 5%
DX Bavarian Cream - 3%
Vanilla Custard - 3%
Sweetener - 1.5-2%

Something slightly different that you might like to try, too, in a small test batch...would be to use Vanilla Swirl and DX Sweet Cream in place of the DX Bavarian Cream and Vanilla Custard. (The TFA Vanilla Swirl is like TFA Vanilla Custard, but without the diketones the VC has). Bill's Magic Vapor uses those 2 in several cream bases in his Blog recipes. I've used them in making a Strawberry Cream, and it was really good using those 2 instead.

Last edited:

Heath54

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2016
Western New York
I'd probably try lowering the % across the board, and like Izan suggested...use a combo for your BB. I might use something like this in a small batch first. Don't forget that with ethyl alcohol in the BW, you'll need to let the mix evaporate it off before vaping it. It's not good for your lungs.

Blueberry Wild - 2-3% (has ethyl alcohol in it, so I use less of it)
Blueberry Extra - 5%
DX Bavarian Cream - 3%
Vanilla Custard - 3%
Sweetener - 1.5-2%

Something slightly different that you might like to try, too, in a small test batch...would be to use Vanilla Swirl and DX Sweet Cream in place of the DX Bavarian Cream and Vanilla Custard. (The TFA Vanilla Swirl is like TFA Vanilla Custard, but without the diketones the VC has). Bill's Magic Vapor uses those 2 in several cream bases in his Blog recipes. I've used them in making a Strawberry Cream, and it was really good using those 2 instead.
JC-I will make a test batch. I need to order Vanilla Swirl and DX Sweet Cream. Will be ordering tomorrow. Thank you

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
JC-I will make a test batch. I need to order Vanilla Swirl and DX Sweet Cream. Will be ordering tomorrow. Thank you

Unless you're in a hurry to order them, you may want to wait until the 4th of July sales begin...to order any flavorings. Lots of vendors have great discounts then! There will even be a special thread for July 4th sales, as usual for most holidays. Also, check the Deals & Sales thread near the top of the page in this forum for them then. :thumbs:

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Heath54

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2016
Western New York
Unless you're in a hurry to order them, you may want to wait until the 4th of July sales begin...to order any flavorings. Lots of vendors have great discounts then! There will even be a special thread for July 4th sales, as usual for most holidays. Also, check the Deals & Sales thread near the top of the page in this forum for them then. :thumbs:
Thanks it is great to know. I will wait and check out the sales.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Looking for help on how to get blueberry flavor to stand out more. It is a DIY juice. Any help will be greatly appreciated. All flavors are TFA
10% Blueberry
4% Bavarian Cream
4% Vanilla Custard
4% Sweetener
Base 70vg 30pg 1.5 Nic
Thanks
heath54

If that was My mix, and I wanted the Blueberry to stand out More, I would decrease the Vanilla Custard to 2%. Then I would Add a Drop or 2 of Pineapple per 30ml of Finished e-Liquid. I would Also add a Couple of Drops of Water to it.

---

At 22% Flavoring/Sweetener, I think the Entire Recipe is Over Flavored. But that might be the way you Mix all your recipes. But if you try things and they still Don't Work, you might try Dialing Back the Total Flavoring/Sweetener to 10 ~ 12%.

Heath54

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2016
Western New York
If that was My mix, and I wanted the Blueberry to stand out More, I would decrease the Vanilla Custard to 2%. Then I would Add a Drop or 2 of Pineapple per 30ml of Finished e-Liquid. I would Also add a Couple of Drops of Water to it.

---

At 22% Flavoring/Sweetener, I think the Entire Recipe is Over Flavored. But that might be the way you Mix all your recipes. But if you try things and they still Don't Work, you might try Dialing Back the Total Flavoring/Sweetener to 10 ~ 12%.
I have begun to learn that my mix is over flavored. I will take your suggestion and work with it. Does the water do anything other than act as a thinner? Thank you

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have begun to learn that my mix is over flavored. I will take your suggestion and work with it. Does the water do anything other than act as a thinner? Thank you

Taste wise, adding a little water is Hard to Explain.

I could say that it can Brighten many Fruit Flavors. Or that it can take Chemical Dullness out of a Mix. But that Doesn't really Mean anything to someone reading it on a Forum does it. LOL.

I think it is just One of those DIY Things that should be Tried. And then you can come back and put your Own Adjectives own it to describe it.

---

Something else I think you will find as you do More and More DIY, especially with Fruit Flavors, is that Stand Alone Flavors can't always get you where you want to go. And adding More flavoring Isn't many times the Answer.

The Fruit Flavors that most of are used to are Seldom a Single Flavor. And are usually made up of More than One Flavoring.

Hence why I mentioned adding a Drop or Two of Pineapple. Because Pineapple can make a Fruit Flavor "Pop". Whereas something like Pear or Peach or White Grape can "soften" a flavor.

Once again, very Subjective terms. But as you do more with More Flavorings, I think you'll see what I am probably doing a Poor Job of Explaining.

Reactions: Izan

Heath54

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2016
Western New York
Taste wise, adding a little water is Hard to Explain.

I could say that it can Brighten many Fruit Flavors. Or that it can take Chemical Dullness out of a Mix. But that Doesn't really Mean anything to someone reading it on a Forum does it. LOL.

I think it is just One of those DIY Things that should be Tried. And then you can come back and put your Own Adjectives own it to describe it.

---

Something else I think you will find as you do More and More DIY, especially with Fruit Flavors, is that Stand Alone Flavors can't always get you where you want to go. And adding More flavoring Isn't many times the Answer.

The Fruit Flavors that most of are used to are Seldom a Single Flavor. And are usually made up of More than One Flavoring.

Hence why I mentioned adding a Drop or Two of Pineapple. Because Pineapple can make a Fruit Flavor "Pop". Whereas something like Pear or Peach or White Grape can "soften" a flavor.

Once again, very Subjective terms. But as you do more with More Flavorings, I think you'll see what I am probably doing a Poor Job of Explaining.
I understood what you were saying. You did a great job of explaining. I do not have pineapple so I was wondering if lemon will work.
Thank You

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I understood what you were saying. You did a great job of explaining. I do not have pineapple so I was wondering if lemon will work.
Thank You

There is ONLY One way to really know. So get to Mix'n.

LOL

BTW - The next time you do an Order someplace that sells DIY Flavorings, I would pick up a Bottle of Pineapple, Strawberry and Peach. Those 3 come in Very Handy when you want to "Bend" a Fruit Mix one way or another.

FlavorArt makes some Good Fruit Flavors. So if you can't find what you are looking for in TFA, you might try FlavorArt instead.

• Agree

Heath54

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2016
Western New York
There is ONLY One way to really know. So get to Mix'n.

LOL

BTW - The next time you do an Order someplace that sells DIY Flavorings, I would pick up a Bottle of Pineapple, Strawberry and Peach. Those 3 come in Very Handy when you want to "Bend" a Fruit Mix one way or another.

FlavorArt makes some Good Fruit Flavors. So if you can't find what you are looking for in TFA, you might try FlavorArt instead.
I will pick up some pineapple. I have strawberry and peach already. Also raspberry, pear and of course blueberry.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Lemon will brighten the BB and sort of make it pop but use it sparingly. .15%-.25%. FW has the best BB if your ordering anyway. FW BB and FA bilberry are a great combo.
Its possible that this recipe just muted itself. BB can be a strong flavor and will stand up to quite a bit of cream and custard. It would help to know exactly where you are headed with this. A BB custard, BB and cream, BB smoothy and so on.

Heath54

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2016
Western New York
Lemon will brighten the BB and sort of make it pop but use it sparingly. .15%-.25%. FW has the best BB if your ordering anyway. FW BB and FA bilberry are a great combo.
Its possible that this recipe just muted itself. BB can be a strong flavor and will stand up to quite a bit of cream and custard. It would help to know exactly where you are headed with this. A BB custard, BB and cream, BB smoothy and so on.
Thanks for the info on how much lemon to try. What I really want is a BB Cream.

Heath54

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2016
Western New York
FA bilberry .5
taf BB wild 4
tfa whipped cream 2
tfa V custard 1
tfa VBIC 3
I made this up and havent tried it but it should be a decent starting point. You could reverse the custard and vbic to make it richer and thicker
Your mix sounds really good. I need to order billberry and vanilla bean ice cream.

• Agree
Reactions: kas122461

Heath54

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2016
Western New York
I took some of my mix and added lemon to it. I am letting it sit for a day before I try it. I will post my results. Thanks

Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread