Boba's - am I the only one who doesn't get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtianz

ECF Veteran
There's not many things I won't eat. Actually, there's only one thing I know of. Curry. I hate the smell. I hate the taste. I hate to even type it. I get sick just thinking about it. Boba's Bounty is like that for me also. First time I tried it. Every time thereafter for 3 months. I recognize that I am the exception and certainly not the rule, but I hate it.

Hmmm.... I'm the same way. I'll eat just about anything. On the other hand I have developed a liking for curry over the years. Brown, Green, Red, Orange, spicy....whatever. So, I hope that means that I will enjoy the 30ml of boba that I just ordered because of all the rave reviews.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I just ordered some BB last week...haven't got it yet. I only use the resurrectors from ccv..even on my vv devices. They wick well in a tank with one punched hole. for me anyway. I finally have got to the point where everything works... my devices, my cartos, my tanks, my juices. I'm finding myself a bit bored so I've ordered some new juices to try. (even though I diy most all of my juice)

SonnyCrack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Florida
Heres a list of some juices I've tried and like...

Bounty Hunter, Copper Creek House Blend, Torque 56, Vermillion Kentucky Premium....

I've ordered over 200 different flavors...

The one I have vaped more than a LITER of is Boba's.. Nothing, I mean NOTHING gives me the satisfaction of it..

I don't know why.. I wish I did.. But they Ben got me.. lol

BTW, I also have tried and own all the other AVE tobaccos.. I'd say C&D is a close second.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
im a little hesitant to order again from CCV. i scooped up a 5 pack of resurrectors and 3 of them had fatal flaws. the other two worked beautifully. 2 of the three had an issue with the filler material clogging the airway. i tred pulling the filler material up, but then the center hole was too low. the other one had the wires all bunched up inside the center tube- no room for enough air to pass through.

so, while the price was great, facotring in the dead ducks made the price no so great :( i'd really like to give them another shot, but my mind keeps telling me, "theres a REASON why they are so cheap".

:laugh: Thanks! Whenever a product (and the customer service behind it) is as excellent as CCV and their Resurrectors, I always stand behind and try to share the info with others :)

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
same here! i couldnt get a TH off of Boba no matter how hard i tried. at the time i was using slim KR8s and an ego, both with approx 2.5 ohm cartos.

now that i have some lower res cartos and a vv box that can handle the low res, i can happily say that the Boba has finally had a chance to shine! im actually getting a TH! its amazing. i am officially a Boba fan. it still does have an odd TH though. seems like the VG TH is much different than the PG TH. PG hits me on the inhale, like an analog did. VG TH exists on the EXHALE for some reason. very weird. just when you think you didnt get a TH...slam there it is on the exhale. its not my preferred TH but hey...ill take any TH i can get lol

Happy to report back! I am re-trying Boba's now and it tastes differently. I am not so sure how, but it's different and definitely more enjoyable. In fact very much so. Weird. I don't know if it's steeping or some magic mystery, but I think I like it. I'm half thinking of putting it in a tank :)

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
im a little hesitant to order again from CCV. i scooped up a 5 pack of resurrectors and 3 of them had fatal flaws. the other two worked beautifully. 2 of the three had an issue with the filler material clogging the airway. i tred pulling the filler material up, but then the center hole was too low. the other one had the wires all bunched up inside the center tube- no room for enough air to pass through.

so, while the price was great, facotring in the dead ducks made the price no so great :( i'd really like to give them another shot, but my mind keeps telling me, "theres a REASON why they are so cheap".

You must've had a bad batch. On average, for every 15 that I buy, usually 2 or so vape sub-par, and the rest are perfect. I'd say it was a fluke. You should've let Andrew know. He would've taken care of you and sent out replacement for free. He's really good about his guarantee.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
same here! i couldnt get a TH off of Boba no matter how hard i tried. at the time i was using slim KR8s and an ego, both with approx 2.5 ohm cartos.

now that i have some lower res cartos and a vv box that can handle the low res, i can happily say that the Boba has finally had a chance to shine! im actually getting a TH! its amazing. i am officially a Boba fan. it still does have an odd TH though. seems like the VG TH is much different than the PG TH. PG hits me on the inhale, like an analog did. VG TH exists on the EXHALE for some reason. very weird. just when you think you didnt get a TH...slam there it is on the exhale. its not my preferred TH but hey...ill take any TH i can get lol

I know what you mean about the VV. I don't think I could vape my Boba's and Gorilla on my 1.7ohm cartos at 3.7V. It would be way too weak. I vape them at 1.7ohms and 4.5V. Absolute perfection in flavor and throat hit, and the vapor production is INTENSE! It's so thick it almost chokes me! (in a good way, if that makes sense)

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
im glad to know it was a fluke. thanks for the advice. i placed an order for 15 resurrectors and mentioned my issue in the comment box. if they want to hook me up with a few more cartos that would be great. im leaving it up to them.

You must've had a bad batch. On average, for every 15 that I buy, usually 2 or so vape sub-par, and the rest are perfect. I'd say it was a fluke. You should've let Andrew know. He would've taken care of you and sent out replacement for free. He's really good about his guarantee.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
im glad to know it was a fluke. thanks for the advice. i placed an order for 15 resurrectors and mentioned my issue in the comment box. if they want to hook me up with a few more cartos that would be great. im leaving it up to them.

Glad you decided to give them another chance. Andrew is a one-man show, but does his best to keep things in order despite the massive popularity of his site. The only real problems I've had are two cartos that didn't have the air holes drilled through. He sent out replacements for those immediately. Let me know how the new batch is. I hope it works out for you this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread