Boba's Bounty and Gorilla Juice Alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinNuke95

May 4, 2012
Florida
i really need some. with it being out of stock, the 3 week move, and the store only being open 10 minutes a day after the move, it's impossible to get. i really need something to fall back on, thats similar, these are 2 of my 3 all day vapes, and i'm jonesing so bad, i have 2mL of GJ left, and it's like a fine wine, i don't want to vape it until the right occasion. i have been googling for 2 weeks looking for something to replace them, haven't found it yet. i ordered Johnson Creek Rad Oak Tennessee Cured which somebody recommended to someone, don't like it, also ordered Copper Creek House Blend, which i haven't tried yet.

Does anyone have any great recommendations for me? thanks alot!

I hear ya. I've been trying to find one myself. They were supposed to be open today. I went in, made my order, and their damn processing thing was offline, not allowing me to make an order complete. It's really aggravating when this kinda .... happens.

Some people say that Nite Lite Vapor's Bounty Killer is similar, however even their site is not taking orders. What the .... people? Why will take my money?!!?!?

Got-Ta-Go

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
OTP Atlanta, Georgia
Some people say that Nite Lite Vapor's Bounty Killer is similar, however even their site is not taking orders. What the .... people? Why will take my money?!!?!?

For what it is worth, in my opinion if you're looking for Bounty Hunter (BH) to be in the genre of AVE's BB or GJ, you are going to be disappointed. When steeped, many folks say that BH has flavor characteristics of Graham Crackers. I think it is a much lighter in taste and complexity than AVE's juices.

With that said, NLV's BH (and Gold) is in my daily vape rotation and should be tried. But right now the NLV ordering site is shut down; their credit card processor deemed that they are an e-cig vendor and shut them down. NLV is bringing up a new payment provider and is working hard to get their site back up.

hangin1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2010
central illinois
Yea I have tried bounty hunter from nite lite vapor before as well and although it is a very good juice imo I dont really see why people feel that it tastes like boba's at all. I think anyone who is looking for a decent replacement to boba's should give grumpies hooch a try I really like boba's and I really like grumpies hooch as a replacement when I cant get boba's. It is not 100%vg and for that reason works better in a tank system at least for me. It can be obtained by going to S & S MODS - Home - Broadway, VA so do yourself a favor and give it a try. Have a great week and I look forward to hearing people's opinions of this stuff once they have given it a try.

jtrygg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
gonna be hard to order though, i bet they close 10 minutes after they open

Didn't even take ten minutes!

I'll be frank with you buddy, you are not going to find another Boba's Bounty. I've been looking for a really long time now (>1year) and my advice is to just choose another vendor. Boba's is only going to get more expensive and harder to get I think (could be totally wrong but the track record isn't looking good). Not to mention I'm really upset about the moving sale and how that turned out.

I'm bummed about it to but I'm happier now that I've decided its just not worth the time. There are a ton of other vendors on the forum, and many of them do just as good of a job as AVE. I really like Mountain Oaks Vapor, Backwoods Brew, and Rawr vapor and I get my cheap stuff from ECblends and Madvapes.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I think renegade and bounty hunter and a few of their other flavors would be right up your alley.

Please keep in mind that MANY Alien Vision's customers are customers precisiely because they need 100% VG.

That is one of their hallmarks.

NLV is great juice, but myself and many others simply could not vape 65/35 juice. Way too much PG

Rymarski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
Chicago
Tough to say if there is an alternative to these outstanding juices.

Bobas is a thing of its own. The complexity of the flavor and mellowness of the vape is very tough to surpass. Boba's is a staple in my vaping inventory. I have tried so many different flavors since vaping for almost a year now, but Boba's and GJ are in there own category, specifically when it comes to a premium juice.

Last edited:

bassworm

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
If this post is still relevant ( I did a search to see if Bobbas was back in full production yet ), then let me suggest trying Vita Bella from goodejuice.com also with my last order of Vita they through in a sample of their Full Throttle and when I put it in my tank I had Vita Bella in ( i just ran out ) it tasted eerily similar to how I remember Bobba's ...

Anyway www.goodejuice.com Vita Bella is under their house brewed eliquids , hope it helps you guys!

bassworm

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
  • Deleted by Porphy
  • Reason: Duplicate Post and questionable.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Basically any juice that has more than 50% Vg and then those ejuices that have a high sugar content( real sweet) real dark flavours and NET ( naturally extracted tobacco) tobaccos . the coil will get real gunky and dirty. If using a cartomizer you will notice it choking up and gets hard to take a draw. If you use a wick type of atomizer you will atually see the coils get blackish and the taste will get sort of harsh or burned tasting.

Short answer, there are no alternatives to BB because what makes BB so good is the same thing that makes it a pain in the &&& on your equipment. I wish Ben could just get in bed with a big company like Blu, Boog, Smoketech, etc. (or Zen, Dimitri. etc) and get it out to the masses of people that want to quit smoking without having to give ISO baths to their equipment every night just so they can vape BB like it was the first time

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Good post! Another option I'm working on is creating a line of similar flavors that are thinner through e-liquid magic (thinner flavors additives, possibly some PG, and distilled water) to work alongside finicky devices like the Vivi Novas and Kanger Type systems. Just to be clear though, this is something I'm just recently beginning to look into. I'll need a whole palette of flavors tested and approved before I put them online for that purpose.

EDIT: so we'd have say Boba's Bounty listed as always, but lower on the list there would be some sort of "tank approved juices" (or something to that effect) With a Boba's flavor derivative that thins the juice, as well as, making it unique and separate from the Boba's recipe (e.g. a Boba's/Sweet Tart Hybrid -- a current favorite of mine for tank use.)

Last edited:

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
I want to make an announcement to my friends, stalkers, and fellow bobaholics but more importantly, to the gorilla juice fanatics in the audience today. While I only vape BB I do vape GJ as a backup. So I'll get to the point.

If you love GJ, if you want something tastey that has some gorilla juice tastey properties. Get yourself a bottle of BFC from Ms T's Bakery. It's also not so bad mixed with GJ or BB for that matter (if you wanna stretch out your ave stash)

In short, Banana Fosters Coffee without Cream is GOOD! However it will need steeping and I taste some PG in there so fair warning. It's not a replacement for Ben's GJ, it just compliments it. Taste is subjective so ymmv but I felt so impressed by this flavor that I needed to say something.

RHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread