Status
Not open for further replies.

pesky_human

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Greeley, CO
www.peskyhumans.com
I run BB exclusively in my black wrinkle. Take your door off and view the squonk. Remove the drip tip and do the same. In order to blind squonk, you have to develop a feel for how much juice is on deck. It is a lot stiffer than a 50/50 juice, but it works well so long as you have a solid coil build.

steven445

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Ohio
I run BB exclusively in my black wrinkle. Take your door off and view the squonk. Remove the drip tip and do the same. In order to blind squonk, you have to develop a feel for how much juice is on deck. It is a lot stiffer than a 50/50 juice, but it works well so long as you have a solid coil build.

It just seems to burn up my coil and wick within no time I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
I use a micro coil with cotton.

edricketts

Nov 16, 2013
Orlando
It just seems to burn up my coil and wick within no time I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
I use a micro coil with cotton.

I am new at this too, but I had the same problem on my RM2 and pdib figured it out for me. For me, I had too little cotton. I'd read so much about not "over stuffing" that I went overboard the other way and was using a little wisp. I use BB 90% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steven445

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Ohio
I am new at this too, but I had the same problem on my RM2 and pdib figured it out for me. For me, I had too little cotton. I'd read so much about not "over stuffing" that I went overboard the other way and was using a little wisp. I use BB 90% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried just a little bit of cotton so that it was easy to get through the coil.
The last time too much cotton made it burn.

steven445

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Ohio
Definitely takes practice gettin' the right amount. I do have to change my wick at least 3 times a day with Boba's and Gorilla Juice. Totally worth it though. :vapor:

I have the cotton micro coil going right now and the taste is dull to me.
I think it tastes more like cotton than Bobas lol.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
When you squonk, like someone already said, take the drip tip off and watch the juice come in and make sure the juice floods over the entire wick and coil. I hold my squonks for at least a count of three. It's hard to flood the RM2, so don't be timid with your squonks....hold them for a few seconds. What ohms are you vaping?

steven445

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Ohio
When you squonk, like someone already said, take the drip tip off and watch the juice come in and make sure the juice floods over the entire wick and coil. I hold my squonks for at least a count of three. It's hard to flood the RM2, so don't be timid with your squonks....hold them for a few seconds. What ohms are you vaping?

I am using a 1.6 ohm right now.

steven445

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Ohio
I join the consensus. Vape Boba's and GJ with the RM2, coils anywhere from .6 to 1.5 with cotton and never any wicking problems and always excellent flavor. All i can think of, as has been stated too little cotton or under squonking.

It just seems like when I put a little more cotton in the coil the wick burns or singes.
I really want to get this working.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Did you take the drip tip off and watch the juice come up into the atty? I just had a thought.....make sure the feed tube is feeding correctly. Make sure it isn't too long and may be suctioning itself to the bottom of the bottle so that your squonk is off. Clip a little inverted "V" in the bottom of the tube so that it can't block the free flow of the ejuice. If you have watched your juice go up into the atty, then it's more than likely working fine.

steven445

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Ohio
Did you take the drip tip off and watch the juice come up into the atty? I just had a thought.....make sure the feed tube is feeding correctly. Make sure it isn't too long and may be suctioning itself to the bottom of the bottle so that your squonk is off. Clip a little inverted "V" in the bottom of the tube so that it can't block the free flow of the ejuice. If you have watched your juice go up into the atty, then it's more than likely working fine.

Yeah it is working fine I just can't seem to get a good vape.
I keep getting a muted flavor and sometimes a burnt flavor.
I want this to work.

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
I use ekowool & max VG in all my Reos with no problems. But with Bobas it gunks up really fast. I use Bobas in a dripper with a tube mod with cotton. For me cotton seems to mute some of it's flavor but that nevered bothered me much as I'm not that big of a fan of Bobas and I only vape it occassionally. But now I have 200ml of Bobas that was free cause my order got mixed up with AVE. They corrected my order & told me to keep the 2 big bottles of Bobas. They're awesome! So I guess I'll have to live with changing wicks often which I hate as I rather spend time doing other things. I'm going to try some different cotton than the CVS rolled.

steven445

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Ohio
I use ekowool & max VG in all my Reos with no problems. But with Bobas it gunks up really fast. I use Bobas in a dripper with a tube mod with cotton. For me cotton seems to mute some of it's flavor but that nevered bothered me much as I'm not that big of a fan of Bobas and I only vape it occassionally. But now I have 200ml of Bobas that was free cause my order got mixed up with AVE. They corrected my order & told me to keep the 2 big bottles of Bobas. They're awesome! So I guess I'll have to live with changing wicks often which I hate as I rather spend time doing other things. I'm going to try some different cotton than the CVS rolled.

I've been using the CVS cotton and it burns up super quick with bobas.
I will keep trying to get this to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread