Boge 2.0 drop in ohms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeto

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Boston, Ma
So I ran out of cartos, but this one had lasted me just about a week, but now my epower gets the dreaded flash when I try to vape! I have the epower with the known issue where it can't fire anything under 2.0 ohms. Is it possible that after use they can drop under 2.0 or did I fry my battery?

Sent from my Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I get 2 ohms from all the new Boge 2.0 cartos I check. I haven't checked used ones, but it's possible that they could drop slightly from contamination. Since you are on the edge of the spec, it's not surprising that tolerance buildup could cause shutdown. The shutdown is probably from wattage draw and not resistance. Current draw could change as the atty is loaded and used for a while. There's also 5% to 10% tolerance on resistance readings, depending on what multimeter you use.

Teeto

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Boston, Ma
I get 2 ohms from all the new Boge 2.0 cartos I check. I haven't checked used ones, but it's possible that they could drop slightly from contamination. Since you are on the edge of the spec, it's not surprising that tolerance buildup could cause shutdown. The shutdown is probably from wattage draw and not resistance. Current draw could change as the atty is loaded and used for a while. There's also 5% to 10% tolerance on resistance readings, depending on what multimeter you use.

So should I order 3.0's instead of 2.0's then? Will I notice the difference? I would hate to run into this every time

Sent from my Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread