boge 510 or joye 510 cartos for eGo PT.......?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frnkj74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Seagoville, Tx.
which carto is more consistant for flavor & vapor & life span, the boge 510 or joye 510 carto? also which is metal like the 510 attys? I have 2 eGo XL cartos & they're plastic (haven't tried them yet...I'm afraid of melting them...from heavy vaping). 1 more question about the eGo PT, I don't have a fast charger for it...I use the usb cable that came with it, should I get a fast charger for it or just stick to the usb charging cable? reason I'm asking is because I'm pretty sure the fast charger has a built in cut off in it where as I'm not sure if the usb cable does (I charge my battery at night before I hit the sack...& just worried if in the long run if the battery will not perform as expected). also I work @ walmart in the electronics dept. & I'm considering getting a 4 port usb wall charger to use with a 10 ft usb extention cable I bought a while back...would this wall charger work with the 10 ft extention & the usb charging cord for my eGo? or does the wall charger have to be one from an online vendor? thank you in advance to any & every ECF vaporite that can point me in the right direction.......& as always keep on vapin' on (DON'T SMOKE THAT .... IS BAD NEWS) :vapor:

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
I can't answer on the cartos, but I can answer about the cable and charger business.

In short, you're trying WAY too hard.

The ego passthrough uses a standard mini-usb and will work from any powered USB port.

For the cost of a 10 foot USB cable from Walmart, you can buy a powered USB hub from newegg, stick it on your desk, and plug the other end of your PT into it instead of monkeying around with 10 feet of heavy cord. A very lightweight cable will do just fine. Trust me.

The added bones of the powered USB hub is that a powered USB hub is a handy thing to have on your desk anyway.

Also, the battery will wear out over time no matter what you do. It's what batteries do.

mortios

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Wheeling, WV
The only thing I can answer for you is that you don't need to worry about the plastic cartos melting on an Ego. I've been using one of the clear plastic ones on my Inferno for the last four hours solid, with a vape every thirty seconds to a minute, and other than having to take a break to refill it's still going strong.

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
I've been using one of the clear plastic ones on my Inferno for the last four hours solid...

You're probably right, and he probably doesn't need to worry, but he's talking about something completely different. Different heating element, different plastic, different size. What you're using is a rebranded CE2 with a clear body. What he's talking about is a monstrous carto that will only work with the original ego or ego clones that use a threaded cone. Your magma and my old Vgo use a push-on cone, so we can only use attys and cartos that thread onto a standard 510 connector.

Riverwolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
Amherst,Va
I did a little research about the cartos on here and came to this decision (my opinion only). Alot of people on here have stated the Boge cartos have much better taste and vapor than the joye brand and that the 2.0 lr are even better on an Ego. So long story short I ordered some from litecigusa they should arrive today along with some BWB juice so they will definately get a workout when they arrive...LOL I will let you know how they do.

pandatera

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
NY
I tried both boge and Joye 510. The Joye is the plastic one and the Boge is the metal. Well as for the melting part that you were worrying about, I don't think that would be a problem. I been vaping on them, and haven't melt. :p
I do prefer to Boge over the Joye though.

Filling/ refilling :
Boge seems to be easier for me. You can drip them on the top with the cap removed or use condom method. Seems like Boge holds more juice, too.
JOYE - use syringe or drip each drip from the thread end. I try condom method on the JOYE, didn't seem to work for me that well. (I don't like syringe so I guess that why I don't like them, and when you drip from the thread end you don't really know when it's fully filled)

Taste/consistancy:
Boge seems to be better at this, too. The first few puff on the JOYE was great, nice vapor and great flavor. But once in awhile I get some plastic taste, that why I didn't like it much either.

Lifespan : I dunno yet I just tried on these for a week so far. They haven't die on me yet. But the JOYE seems to lose flavor more comparing to the BOGE. But I really not sure for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread