Boge carto burnt taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquinator

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2012
C:\Germany\LwrSaxony
Whenever a cartomizer tastes burnt you want to toss it. Don't even try to repair it. You will never ever get rid of that burnt taste in a carto again. Just 10 minutes ago my boge carto started to taste a little funny after I used it for 1 1/2 week which is a pretty nice life span for cartomizer from what I can say. I immeadiatly tossed it and got a new one in my tank because it will only become worse.

Done Deal DR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Yep, it's pretty much an epidemic at this point.

All you can do are the basics. Fill the carto and let it soak 10-15 minutes. Start at a low voltage with short burn times gradually working the wattage up to reasonable levels. In my experience if you start with one tasting burnt its one of the "bad" ones and you might as well toss it. If you've been using it for some period of time and it just now tastes burnt its also done. Some people believe shorter carto life is also part of the Boge issue, though I haven't experienced that so far. The ones I have that are good from the start are easily lasting 2-3 weeks. I'd also double check your wattage and make sure you are well within proper specs for optimum carto life and taste/hit.

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
Are you using pre-filleds are are you filling them yourself?

If you're filling them yourself I'd put money on it that you aren't getting them full. A standard Boge carto will hold around 1ml of liquid. If you're just dripping into the carto to fill it expect it to take 20-25 drops, if not a little more.

I realize I'm coming off a bit harsh, but I'd rather just figure it out than play super nice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread