Why does my carto have a burnt taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
The condom method can be a pita. Fill from the top at a 45 degree angle while turning the carto. Drop in 10/15 drops and shake then do 10/15 more and shake til full. The coil is at the bottom. When the coil heats up on your battery if there is no juice around it you get burnt. Then you waste money which is not a good thing. Been there done that.

This is what I do, and I don't know if this is the best way or even makes a difference but I have not had a burnt Carto yet.
I fill my tank and then start with the carto. Tilt at an angle and put 9 or so drops in. I then draw on iit 2 times as if I were taking a hit then I do the 9 drop thing again. As ur filling the carto turn it a little after each drop so u saturate the batting....I repeat this at least 3 times.... it will look slushie as u first drop it in but after a minute or so it dries at the top...also the thicker the juice the longer it takes to get the bottom saturated. Sometimes its a 30 minute process cause I will let it sit a few minutes then put more drops in for good measure. I prime mine and hubbys tanks and have not burnt one yet.....hope this helps/makez sense.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hey Ocelot. Per your tutorial should I do the condom method twice with both time 2/3 files condom since its an XL carto?

I've been doing it for so long it's gotten to be by feel. It takes a little practice. What you're looking for is a slushy appearance, and then shake it to distribute the liquid. Hearing gurgling during a cold draw tells you there is too much liquid, dryness you can see.

I usually dunk it twice with an XL, maybe 2/3 full again - it's not a hard and fast rule, I just estimate based on what I see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread